PDA

View Full Version : People Like This Make Me Sick!!!

Brett
11-28-2005, 12:21 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/africa/11/28/ethiopia.cheetahs.ap/story.cheetah.ap.jpg

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) -- Two cheetah cubs held captive and abused at a remote village restaurant in eastern Ethiopia are now in the custody of a government veterinarian and U.S. troops, a senior official said Monday.

Government vet Fekadu Shiferaw confiscated the 3-month-old cheetahs on Sunday from a restaurant owner in Gode, where they were being forced to fight each other for the amusement of children.

He gave them to U.S. troops for safekeeping until they can be flown to Addis Ababa, about 700 miles (1,127 kilometers) west of Gode, said Kifle Argaw, the government's senior wildlife vet.

"They are in the custody of the authorities and will receive medical treatment," Kifle said. "The U.S military has also agreed to divert a plane to Addis Ababa on Tuesday so we can bring the cheetahs and the vet to the capital."

The soldiers, part of the U.S. counterterrorism task force for the Horn of Africa, were in the region carrying out humanitarian work when they came across the cheetahs and alerted the government.

Mohamed Hudle, the restaurant's owner, said he bought the cubs from poachers and does not know what happened to their mother. The poachers had kicked the female cub in the face, blinding the animal, he said.

Keeping wild animals is illegal without a special license, but Ethiopia's wildlife laws are rarely enforced. Mohamed also has a hawk with a broken wing and three scrawny baby ostriches.

Kifle said that the government also is planning to confiscate the ostriches and hawk.

The cheetah is endangered worldwide, in large part because of loss of habitat and poaching, according to the Cincinnati, Ohio-based Cheetah Conservation Fund.

mocha latte cupcake
11-28-2005, 12:22 PM
that makes me really mad! its sad to see people hurt animals like that!

Kristi
11-28-2005, 12:23 PM
that is terrible! those people should be abused and starved like the animals! stupid bastards.

Brett
11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
They werent starved. They were kicked in the face and made blind and then forced to fight eachother for local kids to watch for fun. The fuckin cubs were 3 months old, shit like this makes my blood boil.

Kristi
11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
they look like they were starved which is why i said that. but even so - they need to do the same thing to the owners

SquishyC
11-28-2005, 12:30 PM
thats sick....what kind of kid would even want to see that?
I have two boys and they would be really upset if they saw anything like that...
guess its just how they were raised to think something like this is entertainment. :(

HiPSI
11-28-2005, 12:33 PM
thats sick....what kind of kid would even want to see that?
I have two boys and they would be really upset if they saw anything like that...
guess its just how they were raised to think something like this is entertainment. :(

tell them to man up... i watched many a cheetah fight as a child growing up in africa and it was great fun, you really should try it sometime.

Nitro
11-28-2005, 12:34 PM
if people were only themselves put in that situation.......then they would know
that fucking sucks........they should have been shot

SquishyC
11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
tell them to man up... i watched many a cheetah fight as a child growing up in africa and it was great fun, you really should try it sometime.

LOL, ok...I will tell them you said so!

AtifSajid
11-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Thats fucked up..

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
I say throw the owner in a ring with a full sized cheetah or lion.......

The Golden Child
11-28-2005, 01:13 PM
daym the poachers and retarted people who treat animals like garbage ..

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-28-2005, 01:49 PM
poor babies.. that's so sad.

AznTraitor
11-28-2005, 02:03 PM
sometimes I find two ant hills and grab a shovel and mix them together and watch the horror.....am I evil?

Brett
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
^^^ HA HA HA HA HA HA :lmfao:

AznTraitor
11-28-2005, 02:38 PM
^^^ HA HA HA HA HA HA :lmfao:

you laugh now....but it's actually kinda cool....I stumbled upon this little debacle when I was cutting the grass once and ran over one ant hill and then hit another one about 15feet away.....so in my anger, I decided that I was gonna scoop one up and then drop it on the second one, kinda like paratroopers without the parachutes...anyways....there were fireants and there were some random black ants....needless to say, the reds came out victorious, so I let them live.....and every now and then, they get more paratrooper ants....maybe one day, I'll throw two ant hills at'em and see what happens.