PDA

View Full Version : Random my ATL Drift expo footage

HiPSI
11-28-2005, 11:46 AM
basically my last 3 competition runs. the first 2 are my runs in Top8, the 3rd is my final run to see who got the 1-2 spots between me and Harri from Ter-Tech. my last run started out good but when i went to let go of the ebrake i made the mistake of sliding my hand forward off of the handle which locked the knob and the ebrake wouldn't disengage. it was a stupid mistake but Harri likely would have still destroyed me unless i had a nice clean run and he made an ugly mistake (which was unlikely, he was spot-on all day long).

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3SCN55LWK6ZG72QSETKBTPGB5E

had a lot of fun though, can't wait for the next one.

A.P. Photography
11-28-2005, 12:03 PM
You had some good runs man. I love a couple of the pics I got of you throwing sparks.

AznTraitor
11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
at least you named it properly "Icantdrift" haha 2nd place??? wtf is that about? 2nd place is the 1st place loooser!

and I like your Ashlee Simpson impression on your 3rd run! you spin out and then give a thumbs up! hahaha......priceless!

The Golden Child
11-28-2005, 01:39 PM
cool vid ..

HiPSI
11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
at least you named it properly "Icantdrift" haha 2nd place??? wtf is that about? 2nd place is the 1st place loooser!

and I like your Ashlee Simpson impression on your 3rd run! you spin out and then give a thumbs up! hahaha......priceless!

icantdrift is my screen name on all other forums except this one and GSB ;). as for the spinout, they told us even if you have a bad run try to at least make the rest exciting for the crowd, hence the hand out the window and the extra loop around random cones at the end ;). i just wish i had the videos after the competition was over, that was some good stuff.

AznTraitor
11-28-2005, 02:33 PM
icantdrift is my screen name on all other forums except this one and GSB ;). as for the spinout, they told us even if you have a bad run try to at least make the rest exciting for the crowd, hence the hand out the window and the extra loop around random cones at the end ;). i just wish i had the videos after the competition was over, that was some good stuff.

goodgod man...how many forums do you frequent??

HiPSI
11-28-2005, 04:30 PM
goodgod man...how many forums do you frequent??

haven't been on GSB in a while... other than this one just mainly dM and SEDA forums.

skillzilla
11-29-2005, 03:59 AM
good runs mang, like the new front too, we can start a 2-tone Silvia club :)

Stormhammer
12-02-2005, 11:08 PM
^^ smack him please. Its going to go full blue again. And stay that way. Because that color is unbelievably amazing. Like. Magazine movie eye catching.

What color blue is that anyways? I think its safe to say its a non-stock color?

HiPSI
12-05-2005, 02:57 PM
What color blue is that anyways? I think its safe to say its a non-stock color?

it's stock... dunno the fancy name off the top of my head though. i think sapphire blue something.

Tracy
12-05-2005, 03:07 PM
good job. I heard you say in another thread that you don't know how you made 2nd when the other guys were out drifting you all day. I wanted to say it then but I forgot....you did good in the competition, that's why. They didn't count the whole day, it was practice. And you had the fastest entry speed for the car type and in the top 8. That counted too. There was a radar gun out there. The competition is about people preparing and getting their technique down for the pro competition. That's why they didn't judge style. They wanted you to drift the right way before you show your style. technique first then style! I compare it to when I box. My trainer is always like...technique first, hand speed second.

HiPSI
12-05-2005, 04:10 PM
good job. I heard you say in another thread that you don't know how you made 2nd when the other guys were out drifting you all day. I wanted to say it then but I forgot....you did good in the competition, that's why. They didn't count the whole day, it was practice. And you had the fastest entry speed for the car type and in the top 8. That counted too. There was a radar gun out there. The competition is about people preparing and getting their technique down for the pro competition. That's why they didn't judge style. They wanted you to drift the right way before you show your style. technique first then style! I compare it to when I box. My trainer is always like...technique first, hand speed second.

where was the radar gun? i didn't even see it anywhere out there and they never mentioned our speeds so i thought they just didn't do it.

and thanks for the compliments, i was trying to keep clean runs but at the same time i wanted to push myself harder on each one. ah well, there's always the next event to try something different :D. now if i can just figure out all these new FD rules and decide whether it's even possible for me to try next year :(.

Tracy
12-05-2005, 04:19 PM
where was the radar gun? i didn't even see it anywhere out there and they never mentioned our speeds so i thought they just didn't do it.

and thanks for the compliments, i was trying to keep clean runs but at the same time i wanted to push myself harder on each one. ah well, there's always the next event to try something different :D. now if i can just figure out all these new FD rules and decide whether it's even possible for me to try next year :(.

I hear ya on that. I'm going to try to qualify in Chicago in Feb. Are you? The rules stink, but they are always changing them. Oh well. The radar gun was right at the pole by the first big sweeper. They didn't tell you because the judges took it upon themselves to do the competition the way they felt necessary. That's why the qualifying was kind of unorganized at first. Oh well. It all worked out in the long run.

HiPSI
12-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I hear ya on that. I'm going to try to qualify in Chicago in Feb. Are you? The rules stink, but they are always changing them. Oh well. The radar gun was right at the pole by the first big sweeper. They didn't tell you because the judges took it upon themselves to do the competition the way they felt necessary without talking to the people in charge. That's why the qualifying was kind of unorganized at first. Oh well. It all worked out in the long run.

i'm highly doubting i'll be able to get to chicago, but it is a possibility. the only thing i'm wondering about is the whole license series and the necessity to get a license before you're able to enter an event. i guess it's their way of weeding out the little guy yet again :(. the whole seeded/unseeded driver thing was kinda dumb in the first place, but i guess it's really about marketing and bringing the money in for FD since it's a national level event.

Tracy
12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
i'm highly doubting i'll be able to get to chicago, but it is a possibility. the only thing i'm wondering about is the whole license series and the necessity to get a license before you're able to enter an event. i guess it's their way of weeding out the little guy yet again :(. the whole seeded/unseeded driver thing was kinda dumb in the first place, but i guess it's really about marketing and bringing the money in for FD since it's a national level event.

Thus Maximum Angle :D They left the door wide open for a East Coast series..ya know? Most of them are West Coast anyways. Somethig will hapeen for the little guys. The other big guys are just letting FD sort out all of the crap to see if it's gonna work before they dump money into it. It will eventually happen that another series will step up. Just keep getting seat time whenever you can and when the other series gets here...you'll be good. That's what I am hoping for. We are really lucky to be in Atlanta now a days. next season the seat time will be never ending. You might now have the tires for it :D

The license thing is just a way for them to make more money. It's what makes the world go round.

HiPSI
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
yeah i may actually be able to afford some seat time this year since i won free DG events for atlanta next year :). between them/Max angle/SEDA we should be busy next year for sure. i can't wait! i'd like to make some out of towners but that will all depend on the local schedule and my poor bank account.

mikespeed95
12-06-2005, 01:46 AM
the reason for FD feeder isnt to weed out the little guy but to help him.

look at it this way.

call a sponsor.

hi im competing in fd

do you haev a liscence?

no.

okay bye.

but the momen you get a liscence

hi im competing in FD

do you have a liscence

YES

....continuation of conversation

this will help the people with TALENT get in, no mroe buying your way in, no more unproven drivers with good selling talent or a cute face getting in. no skill = no liscence. this is good for talent, which is the only little guy imho that shoudl matter, not the car, not the presentation, but the driver/talent. without that key peice you cannot have a good team, and with the liscensing series it helps out the hard working teams with good drivers/talent, not jsut with deep pockets or other bs.

Tracy
12-06-2005, 10:26 AM
this will help the people with TALENT get in, no mroe buying your way in, no more unproven drivers with good selling talent or a cute face getting in. no skill = no liscence. this is good for talent, which is the only little guy imho that shoudl matter, not the car, not the presentation, but the driver/talent. without that key peice you cannot have a good team, and with the liscensing series it helps out the hard working teams with good drivers/talent, not jsut with deep pockets or other bs.

I sure hope this is the case. Last year I felt that there were a lot of good drivers left out. The only thing that worries me is that they are starting this now after 2 years of the series. Everyone who got a point last years is in. They were already part of the click. What's to say that they weren't part of this deep pocket comittee and that's how they have a point already from last year. That kind of carries over, doesn't it? The licensing part will still be judged in the same manner and probably by the same people. It just doesn't make all that much sense that this is going to change anything to me. It just means that all of the non seated drivers narrow their chances of sponsorship because they won't get as many impressions (which is all that sponsors care about). Who, that has no sponsors, can really afford to even try to qualify? We are asking ourselves this question right now and so are our sponsors.

HiPSI
12-06-2005, 12:29 PM

i can't argue with you on that, it sounds that way right now and hopefully that is the path that FD is taking. i just always kinda hated the idea of the seated/unseated driver thing because someone on a seated team could have a piss poor performance but still make the main rounds, keeping an unseated driver that may have outperformed that person off the charts and out of the top 32.

Tracy
12-06-2005, 12:32 PM
i can't argue with you on that, it sounds that way right now and hopefully that is the path that FD is taking. i just always kinda hated the idea of the seated/unseated driver thing because someone on a seated team could have a piss poor performance but still make the main rounds, keeping an unseated driver that may have outperformed that person off the charts and out of the top 32.

The thing I hate is that you never really knew who out performed who because there was never a scoring sheet displayed at any time.