PDA

View Full Version : New Suspension - need camber adjustments

BarnDog296
11-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Alright guys,
I have done some research on installing a suspension and i am putting in AGX shocks/struts with Tein Springs. this setup is going to drop my car about 1.5" or so, I need some help with something though.

When it drops the car, im going to have a problem with the tires starting to fade away poorly. Obviously I am going to have to get some sort of camber setup.

I have gone onto E-bay to find some parts, but it seems that nothing is name brand in there, and I get lost b/c I cant look-up any of the parts.

Does anyone have any suggestions on camber parts, I have found the rear adjustable, but I have no idea what adjusts the front on a 240?

What are the good brands for these parts?

HiPSI
11-28-2005, 01:10 PM
1.5" won't give you lots of camber. any good alignment shop can easily get back near stock specs using the stock adjustment points.

generally if you want to adjust the front on the 240 you need camber plates, but when adding camber plates to a spring/shock setup it'll negate the drop from your front springs due to the height it adds to the strut assembly.

CMO
11-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I dont think a 1.5" drop is gonna need any camber plates. You may need some but I doubt it.

XBLG20
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
i have the same setup and all i needed is an alignment

sebastianHoff
11-28-2005, 08:16 PM
i agree with them 1.5 isnt enough to throw things off that much. if you bought sportlines or something like then yeah you'd need bolts. you are aware that droping the car that much will void the warrenty on the agx shocks right? you should buy rsr, they will make the car handle better and wont void the agx warrenty.

yudalicious
11-28-2005, 11:18 PM
i think kyb's warranty is 1.5 inch... shameless plug: i have a set of rsr race springs that i'm selling lol -
you don't need any camber crap just get it aligned and you're good to go.

fyi the front is a mac strut set up and "doesn't" have a way to adjust camber stock, i say "doesn't" because you can always buy the eccentric bolts but i dunno how willing normal alignment shop mechanics are willing to deal with them, though i don't see it being a problem.

BarnDog296
11-29-2005, 11:16 AM
how much of a drop do the RSRs have? i really do want the 1.5 inch drop. I have large tires and cant afford too much of a drop, but some would definately make the car handle and look better.

HiPSI
11-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I have large tires and cant afford too much of a drop,

what do you have on there? a set of 33" swampers? if my car will sit down over 17x9.5 wheels then i'd assume whatever you have on yours will fit fine.

AFSil80
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
what do you have on there? a set of 33" swampers? if my car will sit down over 17x9.5 wheels then i'd assume whatever you have on yours will fit fine.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

+1 for the laugh!