PDA

View Full Version : The only time i deal in past tense is im past tints and im past rims

Kyle
11-27-2011, 06:36 PM
New Car below... (Figure I may start lurking again, so I figure this is a good start)
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p137/kharman3/Lotus/1624e44a.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p137/kharman3/Lotus/716d2af2.jpg

Old car. Last days :'(

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p137/kharman3/GTI%20For%20Sale/5017925b.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p137/kharman3/GTI%20For%20Sale/f90b1a37.jpg

Catnip
11-27-2011, 06:37 PM
That is gorgeous!!

silverDA
11-27-2011, 06:39 PM
i like the vw.

jonbuice5591
11-27-2011, 06:40 PM
wow. thats a good lookin car!!

quickdodge®
11-27-2011, 06:51 PM
The VW trumps, sir. Unlike! Lolol. J/k, Kyle. But I do think the VW was much, much nicer looking. Later, QD.

Nemesis
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Hell yeah Kyle, hell of an upgrade. How much you snag that beauty for if you dont mind me asking?

Sinfix_15
11-27-2011, 07:44 PM
holy shit this could be the upgrade of all time. Nice wheels.

Sinfix_15
11-27-2011, 07:45 PM
The VW trumps, sir. Unlike! Lolol. J/k, Kyle. But I do think the VW was much, much nicer looking. Later, QD.

its official. you are an old man.

VW was sweet though.

Nemesis
11-27-2011, 07:52 PM
holy shit this could be the upgrade of all time. Nice wheels.

Its only a matter of time before someone comes in with the "its an overpriced Celica" comment.

razorride
11-27-2011, 08:02 PM
VW was tits

RL...
11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Nice car, although my 6'2 ass would never buy one.

Kyle
11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Lol @ all the love for the VW. Stance is in, isn't it?

Haha, agreed. This one allows me to take turns over 50mph without completely melting a tire/fender though.

Hell yeah Kyle, hell of an upgrade. How much you snag that beauty for if you dont mind me asking?
It was $100k. The guy I bought it from said that was a good deal, no?

Hell I'm 5'10 and everyone laughs at me getting in and out of it.

Squirrley
11-27-2011, 08:35 PM
nice... vw more of my style though

quickdodge®
11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Lol @ all the love for the VW. Stance is in, isn't it?

I'm not into all that stance stuff, man, lolol. I just love the wheels and since I've been driving lowered vehicles since the 80's, that's a given for me. It just looked great, dude.

its official. you are an old man.

That I am, sir. Lolol. Later, QD.

Crazydelsol
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
vw looks badass! but is a nice upgrade

Drummerboy
11-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Cool celica, bro.

lol, jk. My cousin is in the middle of an evora swap with some "stage 2" supercharger kit. Suppose to make like, 450whp at 5psi? Beautiful cars.

Captain-Obvious™
11-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Loved that Vdub. Wish you coulda kept both.

Kyle
11-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Cool celica, bro.

lol, jk. My cousin is in the middle of an evora swap with some "stage 2" supercharger kit. Suppose to make like, 450whp at 5psi? Beautiful cars.
Sick. Yeah Lotus's are nimble but could def. use more power. Is he local?

Loved that Vdub. Wish you coulda kept both.
Lol I coulda, and considered keeping both, but I figure one ridiculous car at a time.

Drummerboy
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
^ somewhat. He lives in Alpharetta, but he's in the Naval Academy in Annapolis, or where ever it is... So when he's home, he does a bit of work.

Catnip
11-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Wait, what VW? I only see a Lotus.

Nemesis
11-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Kyle I forgot to ask, you daily drive this car? I remember sitting inside a Lotus and remember it only have room for my wallet. lol

Nerdsrock22
11-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Wheels look like Team Dynamics, are they OEM or did you get a set?

Genji-Sama
11-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Hell of an upgrade, tho that vdub was freakin clean :goodjob:

CHADbee
11-29-2011, 08:33 AM
People can have their own taste and opinion, so don't get all bent out of shape but the majorities reaction to this thread is the reason I feel like I have wasted 6 years and 19K posts on this forum. If you prefer the VW then you are ignorant or not a motorsports type of enthusiast.

Kyle: As I am sure you know by now that is most likely the most enjoyable driving experiences you can buy under $25K. I also want to know if you are daily driving it. Those things are hardcore to say the least LOL if you ever need anything we have a certified Lotus tech here and would love to have your business. You just gotta get that thing on track man, they really shine there.

Nemesis
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
People can have their own taste and opinion, so don't get all bent out of shape but the majorities reaction to this thread is the reason I feel like I have wasted 6 years and 19K posts on this forum. If you prefer the VW then you are ignorant or not a motorsports type of enthusiast.

Wait...you say someone can have their own taste and opinion, but you call them ignorant and not an enthusiast if they prefer another car? Whats wrong with someone preferring a comfortable VW over an uncomfortable track car built for short people. Just like my buddy that traded in his C5 Z06 for a 4 door Genesis. Is he ignorant now that he chose a 4 door over a more trackable Vette?

Nobody in this thread really said anything bad about the Lotus, its an awesome car in its own respect, but its not for everyone. Is that so bad that some people arent riding his dick because he got one over his VW? Wasted 6 years and 19k posts? You just added one to it, so why stick around this place littered with ignorant non motorsport enthusiasts? lol

this thread is the reason I feel like I have wasted 6 years and 19K posts on this forum.

if you ever need anything we have a certified Lotus tech here and would love to have your business.

In one sentence, you insult this forum (which is fine, its your opinion), then the next you try to get business from Kyle.... LOL Really?

CHADbee
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Wait...you say someone can have their own taste and opinion, but you call them ignorant and not an enthusiast if they prefer another car?
You missed a major part of my post, if somebody prefers the VW then yes, they are ignorant to what the Lotus is capable of or they aren't a MOTORSPORTS enthusiasts.

Whats wrong with someone preferring a comfortable VW over an uncomfortable track car built for short people.
His Lotus is more DD friendly than the VW was because stance/fitment. Plus I am 6 foot 4 inches and I fit fine in them nicely. The ride is harsh though.

Just like my buddy that traded in his C5 Z06 for a 4 door Genesis. Is he ignorant now that he chose a 4 door over a more trackable Vette?
He isn't ignorant(as long as he knew the performance differences of the cars) he just isn't interested in having a performance car, like a lot of people on this forum. There isn't anything wrong with that....like I said everybody has the right to their own taste in cars.

Nobody in this thread really said anything bad about the Lotus, its an awesome car in its own respect, but its not for everyone. Is that so bad that some people arent riding his dick because he got one over his VW?
Nobody said anything bad about the Lotus at all that I read, I just found it interesting that people were upset he got rid of the VW that while it did look great was I'm sure a PITA to drive around and a lot less fun than his current car. I highly prefer cars that are enjoyable to drive instead of dodging potholes.

Wasted 6 years and 19k posts? You just added one to it, so why stick around this place littered with ignorant non motorsport enthusiasts? lol
This is an internet forum, every post and every minute spent here is just wasting life. I do have friends and like minded people here but over the years it seams my taste in cars is further and further away from what is "cool" on IA. I have a right to have my taste in cars just like everyone else.

In one sentence, you insult this forum (which is fine, its your opinion), then the next you try to get business from Kyle.... LOL Really?
I insulted IA? LOL oh my drama queen! Whatever George. I am not a salesman here at Forged but since he is local and there are not many shops that have the ability to work on these cars I thought I would at least inform him we can.

Cynical 1
11-29-2011, 10:13 AM
lotus wins over the vw, and i'm a vw guy...

but cars that handle trump cars that "hardpark" any day...

Nemesis
11-29-2011, 10:17 AM
You missed a major part of my post, if somebody prefers the VW then yes, they are ignorant to what the Lotus is capable of or they aren't a MOTORSPORTS enthusiasts.

My dad drives an SUV but loves to watch IMSA/NASA Lemans/ and tons of other racing....is he not a motorsport enthusiast because he doesnt own or PREFER a track car? Im sure 100 percent of the people on this forum know a Lotus is a good track vehicle. Obvious car is obvious.

His Lotus is more DD friendly than the VW was because stance/fitment.

Cool so his Lotus can go over speed bumps full tilt. (Im talking strictly daily driving, not at the track) I still would sit an hour in traffic in a nice fully reclinable VW Seat.

Nobody said anything bad about the Lotus at all that I read, I just found it interesting that people were upset he got rid of the VW that while it did look great was I'm sure a PITA to drive around and a lot less fun than his current car. I highly prefer cars that are enjoyable to drive instead of dodging potholes. .

Cool , find it interesting, thats your opinion, but dont come in calling people ignorant because of it. Theres a lot of people that daily drive their stanced cars, and still find it enjoyable because its what they love.

I insulted IA? LOL oh my drama queen! Whatever George. I am not a salesman here at Forged but since he is local and there are not many shops that have the ability to work on these cars I thought I would at least inform him we can.

Anytime you post with that sig and refer people you are in effect "pitching" the company you work for. Simple business. And yeah, you might not have insulted the forum specifically but you practically called everyone here that posted something other than what you agreed to be ignorant.

Oh and drama...about that....

http://i.imgur.com/2hPdz.gif

CHADbee
11-29-2011, 10:22 AM
My dad drives an SUV but loves to watch IMSA/NASA Lemans/ and tons of other racing....is he not a motorsport enthusiast because he doesnt own a track car? Im sure 100 percent of the people on this forum know a Lotus is a good track vehicle. Obvious car is obvious.

Cool so his Lotus can go over speed bumps full tilt. I still would sit an hour in traffic in a nice fully reclinable VW Seat.

Cool , find it interesting, thats your opinion, but dont come in calling people ignorant because of it. Theres a lot of people that daily drive their stanced cars, and still find it enjoyable because its what they love.

Anytime you post with that sig and refer people you are in effect "pitching" the company you work for. Simple business. And yeah, you might not have insulted the forum specifically but you practically called everyone here that posted something other than what you agreed to be ignorant.

Oh and drama...about that....

http://i.imgur.com/2hPdz.gif
You're right, I shouldn't have said that. I was out of line. I apologize to all of IA.

/back to editing.

Doppelgänger
11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Kyle...

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/all4incmarketing/ThumbsDown.jpg

lulz

Vteckidd
11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Chads right, if you like the VW over the lotus youre gay. Go sit in the starbucks parking lot and jerk off on your wheels together.

Fags.

Nice lotus, i looked at a few before i bought my car, im 6ft and honestly its a cool car but nowhere near practical for everyday driving (which i kinda already know). I felt like i was driving my 88 gutted CRX from 99. Theres a bunch sub $28000 around on ebay and autotrader that are affordable. The car is really setup for people who want to go rip around a light chassis at a motorsports park.

I just have no desire to drive it the way it was intended, and was mainly looking for the OOOOOOOO factor. Once i figured that out it just wasnt for me.

Still , it is one of my favorite cars around. Just not practical for me.

Kyle
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Wheels look like Team Dynamics, are they OEM or did you get a set?

They are Team Dynamics and I added Lotus Centercaps from the Exige 240R I believe or some other limited run lotus that came with TD wheels/TD sized wheels.

Kyle I forgot to ask, you daily drive this car? I remember sitting inside a Lotus and remember it only have room for my wallet. lol
Yeah I daily it. Some things are pretty challenging, like trips/getting grocceries/getting in and out of it but its doable if you love it.

Kyle: As I am sure you know by now that is most likely the most enjoyable driving experiences you can buy under $25K. I also want to know if you are daily driving it. Those things are hardcore to say the least LOL if you ever need anything we have a certified Lotus tech here and would love to have your business. You just gotta get that thing on track man, they really shine there.
You know Chad, youre right. The VW's look is hot/in right now, but the Lotus is timeless. In 20 years what will people say, thats the true test of style.

For sure, pm me your labor rates and I'd be willing to give you guys a try.

Hey Kyle...

lulz
Lolol.

Bigt8aford
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM

At 6'7 I would be better off just carrying it.

OP, pimptastic upgrade there sir. Bada$$ property there in the background too.

firby911
11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Love both cars.