PDA

View Full Version : How was your Black Friday experience?

Potter
11-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Did you stay at home and sleep, or did you go take advantage of the "deals"? What stores, malls, websites did you hit up?

I went to Lenox and bought nothing but clothes, clothes and hoes :idb:haha Then had to work later on that day...

Browning151
11-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I went to work and made money, damn dealing with retarded people and spending money on fake sales.

Nemesis
11-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I really spent most of my money at GNC buying my workout supplements and protein lol But other than that I just bought games from Steam.

There was really nothing I needed/wanted to buy.

CSquared
11-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Saw the new muppet movie... It was pretty good.

RL...
11-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Ate lots of food, heard wal mart was going to have games cheap at 10pm, so I went there at 9:30, waited for a few minutes, endured a mosh pit of 100 people trying to grab one pallet of games, and ended up with what I wanted, Forza 4 for 28 bucks. Times like that make me glad I'm 6'2, I feel sorry for the short people in that "mosh pit". lol I heard a few people scream in pain haha.

teh bri
11-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Packed, obnoxious and frustrating... I kept seeing people leave with 76' TVs... :/

David88vert
11-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Stayed at home, ordered online.
Finally got the Supra gone.

.blank cd
11-27-2011, 08:17 AM
I wanted a PS3 and they had em discounted to 199 for the core. So I got up at 9am, went down to the store I knew was gonna be most crowded(best buy), walked in, picked up one of the many units on the shelf, got in line to pay, paid, walked right out. The whole ordeal took about 10 minutes.

Sol-Badguy
11-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Went to WalMart to get a couple of things for my wife. Those women are insane! Working on exit strategies, throwing shit everywhere. I just stood next to the pallet and waited. When they said go, I just grabbed what I wanted and calmly walked away.

Toys R Us was a different ordeal. Had to wait outside for about an hour. Finally got inside and walked around to find the things we wanted for my daughter. The worst part was the checkout line. It zig-zagged from the back of the store between aisles all the way to the front. That took about an hour too.

While I waited in line, my wife tried going to Best Buy. She said there was a line at the door, then a line on the side of the building to get to that line. It stretched the side of the building, behind it, and zig-zagged 8 times the length of the rear of the building. She said fuck that, and picked me up from Toys to get home.

It was a lot of waiting, but worth it. I was only in danger for about 10 seconds. :D

lanning
11-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Went to Best Buy after everybody bum rushed in, stole everybody's camp chairs that had been setup outside. We now have new furniture at the shop.

quickdodgeŽ
11-27-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't see the sales being worth all the hassle. I do my shopping online for almost the same price and never leave my chair. Later, QD.

98blackcivic
11-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Went to Best Buy after everybody bum rushed in, stole everybody's camp chairs that had been setup outside. We now have new furniture at the shop.

LULZ

i had to stay home and take care of my sick brother
blah
but i did buy a couple steam games!

Boosted FC
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM
I stayed home and setup my new AV receiver while my wife and eldest son went out into that crap.

Scotsman
11-27-2011, 11:54 AM
went to look at houses , i avoid the stores on that day , i can find anything online for the same "sale " prices , just gotta look for them

collins
11-27-2011, 12:23 PM
mine was great!!! stayed my happy ass at home lol.

Sinfix_15
11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
worst 5 hours of my life, waited in lines only to find that what i wanted was sold out. Came home and got everything i wanted for nearly the same price on amazon.

there were a shit ton of hot girls out though, only positive

Sinfix_15
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't see the sales being worth all the hassle. I do my shopping online for almost the same price and never leave my chair. Later, QD.

very true, i usually shop online, never done the black friday thing before so didnt know what to expect. If you already do your shopping online, none of these sales will impress you.

Sinfix_15
11-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Went to WalMart to get a couple of things for my wife. Those women are insane! Working on exit strategies, throwing shit everywhere. I just stood next to the pallet and waited. When they said go, I just grabbed what I wanted and calmly walked away.

Toys R Us was a different ordeal. Had to wait outside for about an hour. Finally got inside and walked around to find the things we wanted for my daughter. The worst part was the checkout line. It zig-zagged from the back of the store between aisles all the way to the front. That took about an hour too.

While I waited in line, my wife tried going to Best Buy. She said there was a line at the door, then a line on the side of the building to get to that line. It stretched the side of the building, behind it, and zig-zagged 8 times the length of the rear of the building. She said fuck that, and picked me up from Toys to get home.

It was a lot of waiting, but worth it. I was only in danger for about 10 seconds. :D

i waited at ToyRus too, then once you get in theres a line to get in electronics, then the checkout line.... horrible....

worst place was target, the entire store was a line.... literally.....

ruah_23
11-27-2011, 11:50 PM
work!

jonbuice5591
11-28-2011, 12:51 AM
i went to walmart at 9pm thursday. i stood in a line for a 100 dollar trampoline and the ol lady stood in line for a 99 dollar electric four wheeler. well i stood in line for about 5 hours before they gave us all our tickets for the trampoline. then they sent us to the vision center to check out where my ol lady met up with me and we stood in line for about an hour and a half. as we were standing in line there was a pallet with $2 bedsheets with about 50 people surrounding it. some guy said go and it looked like a prison brawl. i mean people were fighting like some og's lol. they had to bring in ambulances and everything. i have never seen as many police and fights in my life. i honestly felt like i was standing in a prison yard. this all took place at the mcdonough walmart. yeah i will never do another "black friday" as long as i live

DeeAOne
11-28-2011, 01:00 AM
It wasn't too bad. Better than last year. All I got was a 37'' Vizio for the living room. An hour was enough waiting for me. lol

Bacon
11-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Worked. Damn all that waiting shit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CSquared
11-28-2011, 10:23 AM
i went to walmart at 9pm thursday. i stood in a line for a 100 dollar trampoline and the ol lady stood in line for a 99 dollar electric four wheeler. well i stood in line for about 5 hours before they gave us all our tickets for the trampoline. then they sent us to the vision center to check out where my ol lady met up with me and we stood in line for about an hour and a half. as we were standing in line there was a pallet with $2 bedsheets with about 50 people surrounding it. some guy said go and it looked like a prison brawl. i mean people were fighting like some og's lol. they had to bring in ambulances and everything. i have never seen as many police and fights in my life. i honestly felt like i was standing in a prison yard. this all took place at the mcdonough walmart. yeah i will never do another "black friday" as long as i live

lol what did you get from walmart?

A black eye and a trip to the dentist. :boxing:

.blank cd
11-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Someone in Fayetteville NC got shot I believe. My brother is stationed up there. He said the scene looked worse than Iraq

Potter
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Someone in Fayetteville NC got shot I believe. My brother is stationed up there. He said the scene looked worse than Iraq

Gotta be shitting me

03RCode
11-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I made $60 to stand in line and grab a TV and Blu Ray player for my aunt. Was there ~4.5 hours.

.blank cd
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Gotta be shitting meNope. He said it was at a walmart he was at I think. He said the people started rushing in the store panicked. It was on the news the other day.

.blank cd
11-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Here it is...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/detectives-investigate-shooting-at-nc-mall-as-early-shoppers-arrive-no-injuries/2011/11/25/gIQAueOtuN_story.html?tid=pm_business_pop

alpine_aw11
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Got shitfaced off dollar wells at the bar on thursday night lol, left there at 4 am friday morning and went to Town Center mall. Got a suit and a bunch of clothes, nothin else I really wanted. I ended up back at my parents house later that day and went to Mall of GA and met Brent Grimes so my BF was a success.

Hondarider33
12-16-2011, 08:50 AM
cyber monday > black friday
though, going to walmart just to watch the madness made my year