PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Click it or Ticket

Dylan
11-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I see a lot of people that drive around everyday that do not wear their seat belts. I personally use mine anytime I am in a vehicle. Whether I'm in the parking lot or just sitting in my car while it's running. I know people personally that never touch their seat belts and this made me think about posting a poll. So do you wear your seat belts everywhere you go, only when you remember to put it on, or do you never even attempt to use it?

RL...
11-25-2011, 11:33 PM
I wear it when I remember and when I'm not too lazy to put it on. I really should wear it more though, they really are life savers.

Dylan
11-25-2011, 11:47 PM
I wear it when I remember and when I'm not too lazy to put it on. I really should wear it more though, they really are life savers.

It's good that you do wear it though. I just have a natural habit of wearing mine, I feel naked with out it lol. My seat belt has saved my life twice, so from experience I know it's a good idea to use it as much as possible.

Mista Foe-Doe
11-25-2011, 11:58 PM
i where my seat beat but some time i do forget ....

silversol
11-26-2011, 01:04 AM
After being injured and spending time in the hospital and seeing alot of people with a spinal cord injury from being thrown around in a car during the accident, I always wear my seat belt now. Its funny when I was injured in feb the seatbelt saved my life and i was not wearing it. It stoped a bullet for me lol

CSquared
11-26-2011, 01:25 AM
You never know when some dick is going to try and kill you with his 4000lb SUV, so I wear it ALL the time.

Dylan
11-26-2011, 05:43 AM
You never know when some dick is going to try and kill you with his 4000lb SUV, so I wear it ALL the time.

That's exactly why I always have mine on. I got hit by a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was doing 60+ mph. I was maybe rolling 3 mph and she hit me square in the driver door. If i wouldn't have had my belt on I would have been thrown into the passenger the passenger compartment.To say the least I was very fortunate.

Nemesis
11-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Ive always worn my seat belt, unless Im like moving my car 50 ft or something.

Jason..
11-26-2011, 06:59 PM
My harness is always on me

Genji-Sama
11-27-2011, 12:18 AM
I wear mine religiously, i tried driving once w/o wearing it and i felt like a bullet in the chamber :goodjob:

BanginJimmy
11-27-2011, 10:20 AM
My truck pisses me off if Im not wearing it. That damn dinging gets old quick.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Boosted FC
11-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Wear mine everytime I turn the key. Gets my boys into the habit when they see me do it.

green91
11-27-2011, 03:18 PM
After my cousin was killed bc he was thrown out of his truck during a crash bc he didnt have his belt on.. i always wear mine now.

Slomaro Z28
11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Always, unless moving parking spots or something like that. Also anyone who rides with me wears it in my car, regardless of their own habits.

Dylan
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Always, unless moving parking spots or something like that. Also anyone who rides with me wears it in my car, regardless of their own habits.

I agree! If anyone gets in my car they will wear their seat belt. If they don't like it they can walk, no matter who they are.

Go_Fast
12-07-2011, 03:55 PM
i always where mine unless im not on a real road. it seems like cops dont really inforce this law though, atleast where i live. i've been riding with a friend numerous times while he's driving without a seat belt, drove past parked cops atleast twice recently, cops pass in the oppsite direction, they never pull him over..

Dylan
12-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Well they aren't supposed to stop you just for a seat belt anymore. The offense has to be combined with another traffic violation. It's bull shit really.

Drummerboy
12-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I feel weird not wearing it. Like I'm sliding around in the seat when I turn, lol. And I don't move the car until the person riding with me puts there's on.

Western.
12-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't go 500 feet out of a parking space without putting it on, and making sure everyone in my car has it on. Why? If you're in a crash, and one person doesn't have their seatbelt on, they become a human projectile that could potentially kill everyone else in the car. Whether or not it's an enforced law or not, it just makes sense to wear it

05dc5s
12-26-2011, 12:18 AM
I always wear mine and along with it being safe and making complete sense it would feel weird if I did not. However I do no believe it's any right of our government to have any laws on the books of that nature.

Bacon
12-26-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't go 500 feet out of a parking space without putting it on.....

That's a pretty big parking space lol

I wear mine all the time. I have seen too many accidents where people were ejected from their cars from not wearing them.

Dylan
12-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I have seen too many accidents where people were ejected from their cars from not wearing them.

I can agree. I've seen bad things happen to people from seatbelts, but the aftermath of not wearing one is always terrible.

David88vert
12-26-2011, 04:11 PM
I almost always wear my seat belt. It is rare that I don't - in most of my cars, except one.

In the Impala, I have never worn a seat belt even once. Seat belts were an option in 1964, and the person that bought the car originally opted not to get them installed. Because of the lack of seatbelts, when I hit switches in the car, I go bouncing all over the place. I'm sure I look much more like a dangerous gangster bouncing around like a beaten pinata, than if I had a seat belt holding me in one place.....

Western.
12-30-2011, 11:31 PM
That's a pretty big parking space lol

Lol you know what I mean…500 feet FROM a parking space. Better? :D

Drummerboy
12-30-2011, 11:58 PM
I almost always wear my seat belt. It is rare that I don't - in most of my cars, except one.

In the Impala, I have never worn a seat belt even once. Seat belts were an option in 1964, and the person that bought the car originally opted not to get them installed. Because of the lack of seatbelts, when I hit switches in the car, I go bouncing all over the place. I'm sure I look much more like a dangerous gangster bouncing around like a beaten pinata, than if I had a seat belt holding me in one place.....

In a case like that, do you have to install seat belts to drive it "legally"? I mean, it is legally registered here, without seat belts. At least I assume it is.

David88vert
12-31-2011, 08:22 AM
In a case like that, do you have to install seat belts to drive it "legally"? I mean, it is legally registered here, without seat belts. At least I assume it is.

Seat belts are only required by law if the car came with them from the factory. They are not required for cars that did not originally come with them, and on my Impala, the original owner opted not to spend the money for the "seat belt option".

Western.
12-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Woah, what? I've never heard of such. Seat Belts are on option on some cars today?? Or is yours an older impala?

David88vert
12-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Mine is 1964, seat belts are standard today.

Western.
12-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Thats what I thought. Do you have pictures of it on the site?

David88vert
12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/David88vert/1964%20Impala%20lowrider/

Sorry, they are old photos. Nothing lately. It just sits in the garage.

Western.
12-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Looks good from the photos. Kudos!

quickdodge®
01-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Woah, what? I've never heard of such. Seat Belts are on option on some cars today?? Or is yours an older impala?

Not to be off topic, but cigarette lighters were an option in my Civic. Later, QD.

Julio
01-01-2012, 09:59 PM
My brother had an accident that left him in a wheelchair for a year or so. Luckily for him, he was NOT wearing his seatbelt. Doctor said if he would've been wearing his seatbelt, he probably wouldve been 6ft under.

Catch 22...

Julio
01-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I wear my seatbelt. FYI.

Sunkenkarma
01-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I wear mine, Ill admit sometimes I forget, and ill put it on later, but 85% of the time its on whenever I start the car, and when I was in highschool 3 people were in a single vehicle roll over in a truck, it rolled into a river, the 2 guys that had seatbelts on, drowned. The girl, who was sitting in the middle, survived by not wearing one, but shes in a wheelchair to this day.

Dylan
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I would much rather wear my seat belt than bet on survival from a freak accident

Bacon
01-03-2012, 07:57 AM
From a medical standpoint:

Seat belts have been proven over decades to reduce the mortality rate involved with major auto accidents. In reality, it's not the seat belt that kills people. Your heart is located left center chest ( not dead center ) and can only travel any one direction so far before fatal damage occurs. If someone dies from an accident but there is no obvious trauma chances are the heart moved too far and ripped the Aorta or maybe cervical damage in your neck occurred. This occurs when the body is stopped by the seat belt but the internal organs continue to move in the direction of travel and the same goes for your neck.

Seat belts save lives plain and simple. Don't wanna wear them in a vehicle equipped with them? That's your choice but I won't have sympathy for you if I have to pick your carcass up from I-75 because you assumed you were too good to wear it or you "forgot" to put it on.

Western.
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
From a medical standpoint:

Seat belts have been proven over decades to reduce the mortality rate involved with major auto accidents. In reality, it's not the seat belt that kills people. Your heart is located left center chest ( not dead center ) and can only travel any one direction so far before fatal damage occurs. If someone dies from an accident but there is no obvious trauma chances are the heart moved too far and ripped the Aorta or maybe cervical damage in your neck occurred. This occurs when the body is stopped by the seat belt but the internal organs continue to move in the direction of travel and the same goes for your neck.

Seat belts save lives plain and simple. Don't wanna wear them in a vehicle equipped with them? That's your choice but I won't have sympathy for you if I have to pick your carcass up from I-75 because you assumed you were too good to wear it or you "forgot" to put it on.

Amen to that. I have one relative that won't wear his seatbelt because he's been in 3 truck accidents(pick up, not tractor trailer) where if he would have been in his seatbelt, he would have been killed. But he does live in West Virginia, so that could be a major factor there.

Bacon
01-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Amen to that. I have one relative that won't wear his seatbelt because he's been in 3 truck accidents(pick up, not tractor trailer) where if he would have been in his seatbelt, he would have been killed. But he does live in West Virginia, so that could be a major factor there.

Death and injury doesn't discriminate on location of residence nor what type of vehicle you drive.

Dylan
01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Death and injury doesn't discriminate on location of residence nor what type of vehicle you drive.

x22.. Some people just get lucky as hell. Others die due to ignorance.

87 Turbo II
01-16-2012, 06:04 AM
My seat belt habit formed at a very early age. I put it on just after getting into the seat. If I turn the car off and wait anywhere, I take it off, and occasionally can forget to put it back on. If entering a car however, it might as well be hard wired into my nervous system.