PDA

View Full Version : Misc I have been playing DAOC but..

Spyder
11-27-2005, 11:19 PM
After a break I went back tonight to check out this new free expansion thing and the game is just short of dead. :( Does anyone else play anything other then WoW , I have already put my time in on that game and after the PVP side of DAOC I just get bored with level grinds (or multipule quest) also when I played WoW there was no such thing as PvP at all.. I cant imagion its as good as DAOC's was back in the day. Im interested to see what people play and enjoy, so post it up :)

Dragonfly5338
11-27-2005, 11:36 PM
After a break I went back tonight to check out this new free expansion thing and the game is just short of dead. :( Does anyone else play anything other then WoW , I have already put my time in on that game and after the PVP side of DAOC I just get bored with level grinds (or multipule quest) also when I played WoW there was no such thing as PvP at all.. I cant imagion its as good as DAOC's was back in the day. Im interested to see what people play and enjoy, so post it up :)

I play WoW off and on. Nothing beats DAoC PvP hands down, although I hear WoW is going to try and do some of the same concepts that I liked about camelot. For right now, I haven't found anything that's super impressive that's out on the market. :(

soul
11-28-2005, 08:36 AM
mmorpg are the same, i stopped WoW, GW gets time now when im bored, but im back to FPS like always. Until Tabula Rasa or whatever its called

chrisdavis
11-28-2005, 08:43 AM
I dont have the patience to play those types of games(I got a friend who wont play anything but Everquest). I play FEAR, Unreal Tournament 2k4, and I am starting on Quake 4 today.

Spyder
11-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I see some people like GW and others seem to have not really liked it.. Has anyone ever played EvE online? They have a free 14 day trial right now, i think i may give it a try..

ironchef
11-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I read a little blurb about Tabula Rasa on my flight, about how its supposed to be the next big thing in mmorpgs or something like that. Anyone got any more info on it?

Spyder
11-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I read a little blurb about Tabula Rasa on my flight, about how its supposed to be the next big thing in mmorpgs or something like that. Anyone got any more info on it?

i read as much as i could about it earlier today, basically... there isnt a whole lot of information... the company is keeping it under wraps until it is ready for beta testing it seems.. The company doesnt have any forums or updates about it, it has only said in one interview "we know where we are heading with the game and dont need any input from the gamers as of yet" After reading that I think the game will either be bad ass or it will be a complete flop, it is set for release next year.

SquishyC
11-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Aliens....rebels...bleh...

I really didnt like Ultima Online...some of the creators for Tabula rasa are the same, once it gets closer to release we should be able to get a better idea of how its going to be. Personally I dont think I will like it.

Hate to sound like the ultimate geeky gamer chick but I think the best shot for a good mmorpg is going to be Dungeon's and Dragon's ... :D

Dragonfly5338
11-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Aliens....rebels...bleh...

I really didnt like Ultima Online...some of the creators for Tabula rasa are the same, once it gets closer to release we should be able to get a better idea of how its going to be. Personally I dont think I will like it.

Hate to sound like the ultimate geeky gamer chick but I think the best shot for a good mmorpg is going to be Dungeon's and Dragon's ... :D

Haven't heard about that one, haha. I'll have to check it out. *ultimate geeky gamer chick secret handshake*

HyPer50
11-29-2005, 06:18 AM

Whens the last time you played WoW? They have battlegrounds now which are PvP and pretty fun too... Basically it's just glorified capture the flag, but still pretty fun.

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Haven't heard about that one, haha. I'll have to check it out. *ultimate geeky gamer chick secret handshake*

:lmfao: :goodjob:

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 12:43 PM
what tha hell is goin on in here!!
secret handshakes and all
i feel left out:(
dont leave me out Nick :(

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Awww B.... poor baby :(

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Awww B.... poor baby :(

i've been neglected :(

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Poor B...neglected by who?

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Poor B...neglected by who?

by everyone :(

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 01:10 PM
by everyone :(

Have not! Not me at least...lets just blame it on Spyder :)

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Have not! Not me at least...lets just blame it on Spyder :)

thats a good idea
im sure Nick will be here to defend his honor shortly

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 01:17 PM
maybe....he will either be here in a few or he's busy at work or stuck IN a video game ;)

And in that case I'm pleading neglect also!!!

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 01:21 PM
maybe....he will either be here in a few or he's busy at work or stuck IN a video game ;)

i remember when Mario and Luigi tied me up to a pipe

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
thats scary lol

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
thats scary lol

yeah...luckily princess and the mushroom boy saved me

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 01:45 PM
again thats scary as hell....you need to come visit Atlanta...
You can come and play vids and I will cook for you :)

**see your not neglected**

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 01:48 PM
again thats scary as hell....you need to come visit Atlanta...
You can come and play vids and I will cook for you :)

**see your not neglected**

yaaaaaaaaay, let me get a plane ticket

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Its not THAT far lol

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Its not THAT far lol

:lmao:
when you drive by yourself it seems that way

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 02:12 PM
that's true...

ok get a plane ticket :)

**maybe we should unhijack Nick's thread now** hehe

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 02:27 PM
that's true...

ok get a plane ticket :)

**maybe we should unhijack Nick's thread now** hehe

hahahaha, he's not here to defend it, i still wanna kno what this game is about tho, i thought Val or someone would chime in

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Which game then, a few have been mentioned at this point..
Did you want to know about DAOC, that was the first one mentioned, or another?

B16a2 Civic
11-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Which game then, a few have been mentioned at this point..
Did you want to know about DAOC, that was the first one mentioned, or another?

DAOC one, i think Nick tried to explain it to me before but i spaced out

SquishyC
11-29-2005, 03:03 PM
LOL...dont worry I do that all the time to him ..hehe

DAoC explanation...lets see....here's the simple version..

You pay monthly, think its about 15.00 now...that may be a high estimate.
There's so much to the game its hard to explain on a message board, here's a link:

www.camelotherald.com <--- go to the beginners section on the left.

Its a MMORPG, a timesink really. But its fun and I was hooked for a long time.
There's crafting and level grinding...raids and quests...tons of stuff. Other people in the game to talk to (kinda like here, same BS prevails).

Check out the link and if you have any questions send me a pm, I played since the beginning and only stopped about what...hmmm maybe 6-8 months ago.

Spyder
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
fuckers... jacked my thread.. :D

SquishyC
12-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Well we were trying to talk to you, buuuuuutttttt you were busy....so we just continued on without you :tongue:

Dont worry...B kept me busy :D

B16a2 Civic
12-12-2005, 12:37 PM
yeaaaaaahhhhhh bbbooooyyyyeeeeeeeeee

Spyder
12-12-2005, 12:48 PM
lol you all are great :)

B16a2 Civic
12-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Lol, took you long enough to return :lmao:

Spyder
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Lol, took you long enough to return :lmao:
It happens, i have to pretend to work on occasion..

B16a2 Civic
12-12-2005, 01:46 PM
just like im doin now....but i am multi taskin pretty good

Dragonfly5338
12-13-2005, 02:08 AM
LOL...dont worry I do that all the time to him ..hehe

DAoC explanation...lets see....here's the simple version..

You pay monthly, think its about 15.00 now...that may be a high estimate.
There's so much to the game its hard to explain on a message board, here's a link:

www.camelotherald.com <--- go to the beginners section on the left.

Its a MMORPG, a timesink really. But its fun and I was hooked for a long time.
There's crafting and level grinding...raids and quests...tons of stuff. Other people in the game to talk to (kinda like here, same BS prevails).

Check out the link and if you have any questions send me a pm, I played since the beginning and only stopped about what...hmmm maybe 6-8 months ago.

Damn there is NO ONE on that game anymore. Stinks, that was a fun one. What server did you play on?

I had a 50 BM/50 Druid bot on Guinevere, and another BM/Druid combo on Percival, and a 50 Pally/Cleric combo on Percival that got deleted, haha.

Yes. I am a dork.

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
what the hell are you people talking about?

BF2 is where it's at.

disco
12-13-2005, 12:42 PM
wow daoc, surprised anyone still play it. I had a 50 hero, bard, eld, 40+ ranger and other crap on merlin. my guild was the first one to hit 1mil rp on any server. anyone remember the Angry Elves?

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 12:56 PM
okay, someone please tell me wow means and daoc?

are these those online role playing games?

B16a2 Civic
12-13-2005, 12:57 PM
i think so pete, somethin like warcraft i believe.

Spyder
12-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Damn there is NO ONE on that game anymore. Stinks, that was a fun one. What server did you play on?

I had a 50 BM/50 Druid bot on Guinevere, and another BM/Druid combo on Percival, and a 50 Pally/Cleric combo on Percival that got deleted, haha.

Yes. I am a dork.

Dork :)

She and I played on Pellinor Hibby side for the most part a little messing around here and there on other servers.. I also have a 48 or so mana menty on ector the classic server.

Spyder
12-13-2005, 01:00 PM
wow daoc, surprised anyone still play it. I had a 50 hero, bard, eld, 40+ ranger and other crap on merlin. my guild was the first one to hit 1mil rp on any server. anyone remember the Angry Elves?
I dont remember them as i never played on that server.. Also Merlin is still pretty busy all things considered.

Spyder
12-13-2005, 01:01 PM
okay, someone please tell me wow means and daoc?

are these those online role playing games?
Dark Age Of Calmelot = DAOC
World Of Warcraft =WoW

Yes both are MMORPG's :)

Spyder
12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
i think so pete, somethin like warcraft i believe.
Kinda except instead of it being offline where you only play against NPC's you can play online and interact with real people.. sometimes 1000's of them at a time in a huge battle over a relic or something..

B16a2 Civic
12-13-2005, 01:10 PM
is DAOC anything like lord of teh rings?

Spyder
12-13-2005, 01:12 PM
is DAOC anything like lord of teh rings?
No idea, i have never played it.. but i have to imagion it is atleast somewhat similar.. DACO is very indepth when compared to other games...

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Dark Age Of Calmelot = DAOC
World Of Warcraft =WoW

Yes both are MMORPG's :)

jesus christ, wtf is a MMORPG???!

Spyder
12-13-2005, 01:59 PM
jesus christ, wtf is a MMORPG???!
Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 02:01 PM
my god, you wizards, hobbits, zebra's and witches come up with the craziest game names....

but tell you what, I'll cast a level 7 dork be gone spell on you...that should help, right? maybe I'll mix a little dragon spit in there for good luck.

B16a2 Civic
12-13-2005, 02:02 PM
No idea, i have never played it.. but i have to imagion it is atleast somewhat similar.. DACO is very indepth when compared to other games...

:rly:
i believe i been owlned.

Spyder
12-13-2005, 02:15 PM
my god, you wizards, hobbits, zebra's and witches come up with the craziest game names....

but tell you what, I'll cast a level 7 dork be gone spell on you...that should help, right? maybe I'll mix a little dragon spit in there for good luck.
well you are in the games section, its likely you will find some video game nerds in here.. :D

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 02:16 PM
well you are in the games section, its likely you will find some video game nerds in here.. :D

touche'

Dragonfly5338
12-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey, any of you try the DAOC classic server? No arties and atlantis shit, right? i may check that out. leveling arties was the WORST shit ever. i got all mine to lvl 5 or so and gave up.

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey, any of you try the DAOC classic server? No arties and atlantis shit, right? i may check that out. leveling arties was the WORST shit ever. i got all mine to lvl 5 or so and gave up.

hahaha....gaming dork!

B16a2 Civic
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
but Pete, she drives a ev0

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 03:59 PM
but Pete, she drives a ev0

and her bf drives a STI! I just dont get it! hahaha

B16a2 Civic
12-13-2005, 04:01 PM
and her bf drives a STI! I just dont get it! hahaha

Lol, yes that is an odd one

Spyder
12-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Yea i have a 48ish mana menty on ector (classic server) it is better in terms of that.. and it was alot of fun for the first few months.. then i took a break. when i logged back in last week i did a /who and got 120... i asked the guild if it was just a really slow night they said no it was actully pretty busy but that the server was dead and they (mythic) is considering merging the 3 classic servers so there are some people on again. It was fun while it lasted.

SquishyC
12-14-2005, 11:35 AM

Yes. I am a dork.

As Spyder said we played on Pellinor...but he always made me jump to other servers to see what they were like. I keep my name the same in any game I play thou and I always play a healer class first (was a Druid on Pellinor). Spyder always needs someone to keep his sorry ass alive in these games.....

Name is always "Saorise"

Maybe I missed you say it...are you playing anything now? ...yes I'm a dork also. :D

Dragonfly5338
12-14-2005, 04:19 PM
As Spyder said we played on Pellinor...but he always made me jump to other servers to see what they were like. I keep my name the same in any game I play thou and I always play a healer class first (was a Druid on Pellinor). Spyder always needs someone to keep his sorry ass alive in these games.....

Name is always "Saorise"

Maybe I missed you say it...are you playing anything now? ...yes I'm a dork also. :D

Actually. I fired up DAoC for the first time in a LONG time the other day. Started a paladin on Gareth. Seems cool - no ToA, no bots, no artifacts! /cheer!

Usually I always play the light tanks (merc, rogue, blademaster) but for some reason I've always liked the paladin on DAoC. Mainly because I never die, haha.

If you pick it up again let me know. I got tired of WoW. :)

Spyder
12-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Pally.. bleh. I dont do anything other then hibbies heh.. I have so much time invested on Pell i have a hard time learning new places. I hope the merge the servers then i may consider going back.. again..

SquishyC
12-14-2005, 07:21 PM
and again...and again...and again...DAoC's like a horrible old boy/girl friend that keeps popping back into your life... heh.

Dragonfly, if I go back I will drop you a PM....I miss it from time to time. Don't know about playing an Alb thou lol...guess I could try a cleric :)

Dragonfly5338
12-14-2005, 08:39 PM
and again...and again...and again...DAoC's like a horrible old boy/girl friend that keeps popping back into your life... heh.

Dragonfly, if I go back I will drop you a PM....I miss it from time to time. Don't know about playing an Alb thou lol...guess I could try a cleric :)

alb > j00

nah, normally i'm a hibbie too, but blademasters suck and i only play elves because the other races look dumb heheh

Spyder
12-14-2005, 10:33 PM
alb > j00

sad but true. :rant:

nah, normally i'm a hibbie too, but blademasters suck and i only play elves because the other races look dumb heheh

BM's dont suck... and you only like elves because the chicks are hot lol. I only play Keens and Squishy hates it lol.. something about short bald men with white hair just doesnt do it for her, even if they are only a pixel...

Dragonfly5338
12-15-2005, 02:35 AM

BM's dont suck... and you only like elves because the chicks are hot lol. I only play Keens and Squishy hates it lol.. something about short bald men with white hair just doesnt do it for her, even if they are only a pixel...

I dunno how it is now, but back when I played my blademaster was nothing but farmed RPs for warlocks and their damn chambers haha.

Although I just found out about the new patch going through for pure tanks, eegads, might be time to roll an armsman, haha. Looks like they're going to be RvR gods. :eek:

SquishyC
12-15-2005, 12:39 PM

Yea...bout that...even if it is a pixel.... NO.

Spyder
12-15-2005, 08:43 PM
I dunno how it is now, but back when I played my blademaster was nothing but farmed RPs for warlocks and their damn chambers haha.

Although I just found out about the new patch going through for pure tanks, eegads, might be time to roll an armsman, haha. Looks like they're going to be RvR gods. :eek:
What is this new patch, im to lazy to actually look. ;)

Spyder
12-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Yea...bout that...even if it is a pixel.... NO.
some day i will be a balding man with white hair :(

Dragonfly5338
12-16-2005, 12:28 AM
What is this new patch, im to lazy to actually look. ;)

Heavy Tank Changes (Hero, Warrior and Armsman)

Heavy tanks are considered the defensive juggernaughts of the realm they fight for, and as such, are getting added abilities and improvements to their classes.

- BattleCries - This is a new system that provides burst defensive bonuses to self and group for Heavy Tanks.

- Level 5 Shout - Taunting Shout: Frontal cone taunt that causes mobs to turn and fight the tank or at least increase the hate amount towards the tank. Re-usable every 60 seconds

- Level 30 Shout - Bolstering Roar: PBAE 250 radius attack that breaks root, breakable snares and mesmerization effects on group members. If the tank is CC'd (other than root) they will have to purge themselves or wait for CC to wear off, then fire this. Re-usable every 10 minutes.

- Level 40 Shout - Rampage: Group shout which increases the chance to resist debuffs by 35%. Lasts for 10 seconds. Re-usable every 5 minutes.

- Level 50 Shout - Fury: Self only shout which gives a 50% chance to deflect crowd control spells (similar to the RR5 Bonedancer ability), and increases resists to magic spells by 50% for 10 seconds. Re-usable every 15 minutes.

- Level 15 Spell/Ability - Metal Guard: Group buff which increases the ABS of group members by 3% excluding the caster of the buff. If there are multiple casters of this buff within the group, then this will stack up to a maximum of 9%. Other players can receive the benefit of this buff, but the caster of this buff cannot so it is possible for another heavy tank to have a bonus to his ABS if another heavy tank joins the group and casts this buff. Duration 20 minutes.

- Level 35 Spell/Ability - Climbing Spikes: Self castable buff which lasts for 30 seconds that grants Climb Walls. The player will have the ability to climb walls for a short duration of time. While climbing a wall, any hit that does more than 31 damage will knock the player off the wall. Furthermore, any hit which knocks the player off the wall will hit for double damage. If the buff runs out while the player is on the wall and he/she does not reach an area where they can walk again, they will be knocked off the wall. Re-useable every 60 seconds.

Passive benefits (Hero, Warrior and Armsman)

- Upon choosing the path of a Hero, Warrior or Armsman, the player will be granted 50% siege resistance automatically. This includes all siege damage types, including Boiling Oil.

- Upon reaching level 41, the Hero, Warrior and Armsman will begin to gain more hitpoints as they progress towards level 50. At each level beyond 41 they gain 1% extra Hit points per level. At level 50, they will have the full 10% benefit.

- Upon reaching level 41, the Hero, Warrior and Armsman will begin to gain more magic resistance (spell damage reduction only) as they progress towards level 50. At each level beyond 41 they gain 2%-3% extra resistance per level. At level 50, they will have the full 15% benefit.

Spyder
12-16-2005, 01:03 PM
wow, i guess that means i should fire up a hero again.. sounds like that will be alot more fun.. to bad they can still be killed from clipping range by bolters. :(

Spyder
02-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I went back to playing, im a DAOC whore. :o

HiPSI
02-02-2006, 06:37 PM
i was nearly tempted to start playing again now that i have highspeed net and a decent computer at the house.... but i just couldn't bring myself to kill frogs for 2 weeks trying to level my silly named characters anymore.

Hulud
02-02-2006, 06:51 PM
i know your gonna e-rape me but what is DAOC, whats the full name so i can check this game out

HiPSI
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
i know your gonna e-rape me but what is DAOC, whats the full name so i can check this game out

read the thread ;)

Dark Age of Camelot

Hulud
02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
read the thread ;)

Dark Age of Camelot
thank you

SquishyC
02-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I went back to playing, im a DAOC whore. :o

yes you are....but your my DAoC whore so its ok baby.

i was nearly tempted to start playing again now that i have highspeed net and a decent computer at the house.... but i just couldn't bring myself to kill frogs for 2 weeks trying to level my silly named characters anymore.

Frogs suck....the noise they make annoys me. :rant:

Spyder
02-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Come play, no frogs.... promise :D