PDA

View Full Version : are black people the most racist group in america? NWS

Sinfix_15
11-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Was watching the news in the break room at work the other day with a lot of black people in there also. Theyre covering the Herman Cain nonsense and had one of Cain's advisers on to defend him.

The guy said something to the effect that this story was actually a positive message to the black community and nothing negative about Cain. He said that black people should rejoice that Herman Cain had the chance to defend himself and that white america would just assume give him a trial in the street and hang him from a tree. That this story was nothing more than white people being upset at the idea of a black man having a white woman.
He went on to say that Cain is 100% innocent and that racism is the only reason this is in the news. People dont want to see a black man succeed ect ect....

All of the black people who were watching this seemed to agree with all of the comments.

It seems that it is absolutely impossible to avoid the issue of race with any topic when it comes to black people. Any and everything is because of race. It also amazes me what some of the black people say on TV. I mean, this isnt fox news interviewing some idiot from the supermarket, this is a professional black man who probably got paid for his interview on national TV. Sometimes i feel like im watching the black equivalent of the KKK. The violence isnt there, but it seems the agenda is the same.

What will it take for black america to let go of the race issue????? we elected a black president, a black man was leading the polls for republican nomination. Black men date all the white women they want, white men date all the black women they want and everything in between. nobody cares.....

If you do anything but praise black people, youre a racist. If i say i'd take Tom Brady over Mike Vick, it's because Vick is black and im a racist.

getting pretty ridiculous. its almost 2012.... need to let it go.

Vteckidd
11-09-2011, 10:28 AM
i wont say they are the MOST racist because i dont have any data that proves that.

but i will say in my experience they are just as racist as white people that i have met.

Brett
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I will say the same as Mike, I cant say they are the MOST Racist, BUT in my experience it seems there is alot of racism towards whites, BUT White people can be just as racist... so......

I do find it in this time and age to be obsurd that there are special channels just for a race, like BET, or award shows for Black Entertainers, or Miss. Black America, etc..... Because if white people tried to have a WET channel or anything like that, there would be an outrage.

I am glad we live in a time when we have a black president (Even though I think Obama is a tool) but in general I am happy to see strides that have taken place in this country but Racism has a LONG way to go. Sad to see in 2011 the race card is still such an issue in this country and around the world. I think White and Blacks are just as guilty in this but I do seem to see the race card being played alot more

Sinfix_15
11-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I will say the same as Mike, I cant say they are the MOST Racist, BUT in my experience it seems there is alot of racism towards whites, BUT White people can be just as racist... so......

im not denying theres still a lot of white racist, no doubt there is......

You cant really control what people do in their private lives, im sure theres still white people in the south who will carry their racism to the grave and theres nothing you can do about. I just consider those types of people lost and dont give them anymore thought.

My issue is with people in positions of political influence. This guy wasnt just some random joe on TV. He's a professional political adviser. (Niger Innis is the National Spokesperson for the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), MSNBC commentator, and political consultant. He was born in Harlem, New York, and currently lives in Westchester, New York. Innis graduated from Georgetown University in 1990 with a degree in Political Science.)

If the NATIONAL SPOKESPERSON FOR THE CONGRESS OF RACIAL EQUALITY can get on national TV and deliver a message like that and it be accepted by the public, then we have a real problem in america. If some black guy at the park says something to me racist, i dont think anything about. That's one person. However, when an elected professional stands in front of a national audience and says it, that greatly offends me.

Austin?
11-09-2011, 11:53 AM
The poll are for black and white people to vote only?

thundercatz1
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm black and I agree that racism is on both sides of the fence. Racism is and intemt to hurt,belittle ,talk shit about another race different than your own, so in that case most ppl are guilty of this iimo.

But I think its all depends on the context...... example White comic on stage use black jokes on the stage with black ppl in the crowd, black ppl wont get offended because of the context it is used in and laugh about it and say "yea thats true" Vice versa with black comics with whites on stage.

Its all in the context its used in.

Racism is still alive but has come along way from what it used to be.

Browning151
11-09-2011, 12:19 PM
The word racist is thrown around so much today and is used incorrectly so frequently that is has almost lost all meaning. Most people couldn't tell you the difference between prejudice, racism and bigotry.

But to answer the question at hand, the MOST racist? No. But, I'd say that there are just as many racist blacks as there are whites out there though, and I feel like there are a lot of people who seem to think that only white people can be racist as well. As long as people make a distinction between race, whether it be for good or bad, racism will never go away.

Sammich
11-09-2011, 12:34 PM
i'm sick of racism period. its not just black and white, its all across the board with all races. as a black person i was flipping through the channels and flipped past BET and tehy had 'black girls rock' i'm thinking to myself, if there's suppose to be a fight for equality etc etc, then why have a show, just for that...but at the same time, TO AN EXTENT i can understand why, because, as its the way of the world, minorities (even though i think its shown via polls and what not that whites are the minorities, but you get the drift of what i'm saying) dont get the recognition. on top of that, there are so many horrible models for the the 'black community' that a show like that just shows its not a bad thing to do your best and whats rapped about in the 'songs' about drugs, violence is not the only avenue to live.

in regards to your original post, i get in arguments w/ other black people i know about saying that 'white people are only out to see you as a black person do not succeed' but when i tell those who i argue w/ taht its not just one race that they target ALL THE TIME i see crabs in the bucket for every race, against their own and against those that are not their own.

point blank period. racism sucks fukin ass, hence why i've strived to keep all racist talk, joke, and even the n word out of my vocabulary. at the end of the day, how are you going to get past it if you dont start w/ yourself and get rid of it within yourself? you cant, and neither can the world. with that said, racism, as dumb as fuck as it sounds, will always live.

OAN: i hate it like fukin hell when a white person comes up to me about Obama and says "your president" WTF?! first off i'm not political so dont come at me sideways

Vteckidd
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
What Niger Innis said was retarded, this isnt a race issue. and bringing it up MAKES it a race issue IMO.

Now, i think the Liberal Left cannot stand a BLACK conservative, but ill keep that to myself as to my reasons why. I believe they will do whatever it takes to demean a person of color or a woman (like they did michelle bachman and sara palin.) FYI i despise politically Palin and Bachman but the way they were treated was despicable.

Cain isnt even being accused of sexual harrasement, he already was 12 years ago. 1 was dismissed or withdrawn, the other was dismissed, and she was given a severance package of $35,000, and then 3 years later she pulled the SAME ACCUSATION at her next job when she didnt get what she wanted.

The latest accuser has Gloria Alred as her lawyer, case closed.

Bill Clinton had far more inflammatory charges against him and he survived it (although we later found out it was prob true after lewinsky).

However the core question is that GENERALLY i have found that people of color play the race card first, or bring race up first.

Vteckidd
11-09-2011, 12:40 PM
when moniorites strive so hard to be seperate, i dont understand how they can complain about not being treated the same. IE how can you argue you dont like racism, when you do racially divisive stuff like :

Have BET
Have people like Jesse jackson and Al Sharpton ONLY stick up for black people in cases of race. Apparently the RAINBOW Coalition only has one color, black
use the "n" word amongst yourselves, but get offended if anyone else uses it

thats just a few things. Mostly IMO the worst are the real higher ups, most day to day people i meet are rational thinkers and are capable of having different social and po,litical views without being racist.

Pat Buchanana called Obama "boy" and i was like seriously, what a dumbass. you dont call the president of the united states "BOY" whether hes black or not, but it came off as very southern racial plantation owner isque. I thought it was despicable. so its on both sides of the aisle

thundercatz1
11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Question is

Why do black ppl feel the way that they do?

What happended to them to make them so on edge and always feel like they need to defend themselves or their culture?

Not trying to offend anyone at all, At one point in time they were targeted by physical and emotional violence, and that anger has been past down through generations of children , but the world has gotten better.

I'm not trying to say the world owe us anything by no means , just questions you have to ask your self when dealing with the sensitivity of another race.

Vteckidd
11-09-2011, 01:03 PM
im aware, which is why i can understand some of it from people who were around in the 50-60s. But that means people over the age of 60 at the minimum.

Im not responsible for all the transgressions of the white race and youre not responsible for Jesse Jackson and Tavis Smiley.

we should not act like we are

alpine_aw11
11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
What we as white people tend to forget is that it hasn't been that long since black people had to use separate bathrooms.

silversol
11-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I had a friend move from out side the u.s very well eductated, But did not live in the u.s outside of our social media. He was as far from racist as you could get after going and graduating from UGA and being in the southern culture for a few years, He did not enjoy to company of black people. He hated that black people had every Opportunity handed to them, yet they chose to be thugs and basicly bring themselfs down and how it was cool in parts of the black culture to be a thug and eneductated, then complain it was whites holding them down.

Vteckidd
11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
What we as white people tend to forget is that it hasn't been that long since black people had to use separate bathrooms.

yeah and if you are over the age of 60 i sympathize with you. but most never lived in that time, sorry.

RandomGuy
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Lol this poll is racist, Discrimination!

98blackcivic
11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
the poll maker is racist for not including the other races

so fuck u sinx15

Kamikaze
11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
The word racist is thrown around so much today and is used incorrectly so frequently that is has almost lost all meaning. Most people couldn't tell you the difference between prejudice, racism and bigotry.

Exactly. Literally believing one race is superior to another, being better or worth more in human value, is a waning issue. That is unless one is truly an idiot. Now, prejudice on the other hand, the total disdain for an entire group of people based on a small percentage of its population, is very prevalent in America today and has been for decades. This thread is actually a pretty good example. Believing that, based on isolated experiences and what comes from some fools mouth that's currently getting their 15 minutes of fame, all members of a particular group must think and behave in a particular way is prejudice if you ask me.

allmotor-teg
11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
i dont have actual prove of this but i work at metropcs and what i see is 70% black people, 25% white people and 5% hispanics and got to tell you that the people that come here are very racist if not extreamly racist but some white people are racist too just cause your look hispanic, white or any other nationality they are racist towards you but they forget that america was all white then black people started coming here and became african americans but even tho they came here years ago the act racist against other razes.. SMDH!!!!

boosted347
11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Question is

Why do black ppl feel the way that they do?

What happended to them to make them so on edge and always feel like they need to defend themselves or their culture?

Not trying to offend anyone at all, At one point in time they were targeted by physical and emotional violence, and that anger has been past down through generations of children , but the world has gotten better.

I'm not trying to say the world owe us anything by no means , just questions you have to ask your self when dealing with the sensitivity of another race.
no offense to you because I personally have no problems with you but its things like the first part of this that irk me beyond belief, like vteckid said there are no former slaves alive today that have a reason to be mad about it now, only the people who are in their later years actually saw segregation and prejudice in public places...its when the black youth of america think that because of the actions in the past that people (mainly the white man) are required to repay them it not only shows prejudice but also ignorance, in todays world every person (black, white, hispanic) has every equal opportunity to advance in life. But to answer the question no there arent more racist blacks than whites, there are and always will be racism its the sad unfortunate truth, the only chamfer to ever eradicate racism abd prejudices will come when people realize they arent entitled to anything simply because if the color of their skin.

A little tid bit of info though
The white man was a slave long before the black man was (jewish in egypt) and the white man did not take the first slaves from africa the chiefs of tribes sold their own people into slavery...

Brett
11-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I think when all races stop trying to set ones race apart from others, it will continue in some form.... I doubt any of us will live to see the day where color is not what defines who a person is, but instead the Character of the person is what we look at first.

allmotor-teg
11-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I think when all races stop trying to set ones race apart from others, it will continue in some form.... I doubt any of us will live to see the day where color is not what defines who a person is, but instead the Character of the person is what we look at first.

AMEN bother!

alpine_aw11
11-09-2011, 04:05 PM
yeah and if you are over the age of 60 i sympathize with you. but most never lived in that time, sorry.

All I'm saying is because it was so recent the fallout has been passed down through generations of both races, so it is still a factor. It's easy for white people to not care, we didn't get fucked, we did the fucking. Low income areas aren't predominantly black in a lot of places because black people are lazy/dumb, it's because there still hasn't been enough time for all races to equal themselves out. I don't feel sorry for anyone either but it's too easy to say "Oh well I didn't do it so everything should be equal now".

Kamikaze
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
A little tid bit of info though
The white man was a slave long before the black man was (jewish in egypt) and the white man did not take the first slaves from africa the chiefs of tribes sold their own people into slavery...

I'm not sure how correct that is. Not to bring religion into this discussion (but when mentioning the Jewish people you kind of have to), but there are things mentioned in the Bible regarding the lineage of Israelites that describe them as being dark skinned. I don't think the Germanic Jews that you're speaking of represent the appearance of those that were enslaved in Egypt. Speaking of appearance, it really isn't something you should put too much weight on. We all know the further you go back in human history, numbers sharply decrease along with defined racial/ethnic groups. In the context of this thread (and in this country), "white" and "black" are just ways to identify a particular group of people. Those two groups being Anglo Caucasians and West African descendants.

RL...
11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Honestly the most racist perspective in america is people being racist against middle eastern(ers). 9-11 really made americans hate middle eastern people.

boosted347
11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure how correct that is. Not to bring religion into this discussion (but when mentioning the Jewish people you kind of have to), but there are things mentioned in the Bible regarding the lineage of Israelites that describe them as being dark skinned. I don't think the Germanic Jews that you're speaking of represent the appearance of those that were enslaved in Egypt. Speaking of appearance, it really isn't something you should put too much weight on. We all know the further you go back in human history, numbers sharply decrease along with defined racial/ethnic groups. In the context of this thread (and in this country), "white" and "black" are just ways to identify a particular group of people. Those two groups being Anglo Caucasians and West African descendants.
Well if we really wanna be 100% technically correct then we can say it makes absolutely no difference what color your skin is because all of our lineage and the ancestry of mankind is in africa, so in turn we are all africans, and in our case african americans :yes: but i def see what you are saying :goodjob:

boosted347
11-09-2011, 05:27 PM
All I'm saying is because it was so recent the fallout has been passed down through generations of both races, so it is still a factor. It's easy for white people to not care, we didn't get fucked, we did the fucking. Low income areas aren't predominantly black in a lot of places because black people are lazy/dumb, it's because there still hasn't been enough time for all races to equal themselves out. I don't feel sorry for anyone either but it's too easy to say "Oh well I didn't do it so everything should be equal now".

This is a pretty ridiculous response IMO...of all the people you know how many of them were actually ever, in their adult life time ,made to use a separate bathroom, a different water fountain, a different restaurant, etc? My guess is none unless you are 60+ years old, the whole my great great great great grandpa was a slave is an excuse thats used to get something that black men/women use to try and get something for nothing. And the comment about poor neighborhoods being predominantly black because they havent had "time" to equal themselves out, there were laws passed in the 70's called the EPA and Title VII that made it a federal law to hire minorities that were qualified. The only reason people cant get jobs is because most think they are to good to flip burgers and clean toilets so they wont apply for that job, they all want cushy easy jobs that pay well (this applys to whites also) also our government makes it to easy to apply and live off welfare, i mean look around you see all these unemployed people riding around in brand new cars, with a nice house, and ample food stamps to feed a family of 5, and you know why? Its cause the government makes it easy to live off them, so why the hell would i go get a job when the government is gonna give me a place to live, food to eat, and enough extra money to get a nice car? As horrible as it may sound I know a few black women/men who have told me "its easy to get on welfare and its way better and easier than getting a job", not saying this one person is how all are but there has to be more out there if theres one right...so to say the reason why those poor areas are like that is because they havent had time to become equals is a garbage lie to yourself. And if everyone did go with the "I didn't do it, and it wasnt done directly to me, so everything should be equal now" maybe there wouldnt be as much racism...

qt95camry
11-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I work at a tire shop and I once heard a black woman said to my co-worker " You're charging me that because I'm black, aren't you?" I was dumbfounded, because she was serious. Needless to say he was speechless.

green91
11-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Man you've got a lot of history to learn before making some ignorant posts like this. I'm not trying to diminish the awfulness of slavery that many african americas went through, but if you think the white man was the only devil and the black man was the only victim, you're grossly uneducated.

Dylan
11-09-2011, 07:15 PM
How I see it is, It's only human nature to want to be superior among others. To cling to someone else that can relate to you and you feel the same towards them. On top of it all, everyone is and always will be jealous of what someone else has that they don't. These are just characteristics we all share together as humans. When people play sports it isn't to let the other player/s win, it's simply because each player wants to be superior among their competitors and show how great they are. If you were lost in a suspicious area would you a.) run to the first dark alley you can find to seek help, or b.) go to the closest church from which you know someone will help you. Anyone would pick "b" because that would be the most secure location to seek help. Most people view others of their same race as that church because that's who they were raised around and feel they can trust. If you were riding in your old beaten accord and you get passed by a guy in a brand new mercedes-benz you can't honestly say you wouldn't rather be in that guys car. It is only natural to strive to want better things and try to make the most of your life. When so many people in this country that all come from different backgrounds it would only be human nature to observe, judge, and compare your life to theirs. That is where I feel racism comes from. No, to the OP's original question, we are all guilty of this.

Kamikaze
11-09-2011, 07:32 PM
How I see it is, It's only human nature to want to be superior among others. To cling to someone else that can relate to you and you feel the same towards them. On top of it all, everyone is and always will be jealous of what someone else has that they don't. These are just characteristics we all share together as humans. When people play sports it isn't to let the other player/s win, it's simply because each player wants to be superior among their competitors and show how great they are. If you were lost in a suspicious area would you a.) run to the first dark alley you can find to seek help, or b.) go to the closest church from which you know someone will help you. Anyone would pick "b" because that would be the most secure location to seek help. Most people view others of their same race as that church because that's who they were raised around and feel they can trust. If you were riding in your old beaten accord and you get passed by a guy in a brand new mercedes-benz you can't honestly say you wouldn't rather be in that guys car. It is only natural to strive to want better things and try to make the most of your life. When so many people in this country that all come from different backgrounds it would only be human nature to observe, judge, and compare your life to theirs. That is where I feel racism comes from. No, to the OP's original question, we are all guilty of this.

Being superior to someone in athletic ability or believing that the amount of money in your bank account entitles you to look down on someone is not the same thing as believing in racial superiority. Racism is believing that somehow your genetic traits make you of greater value than another human being. I'll agree that having similar looking people around you for you to be in your comfort zone can be attributed human nature. However, that does not excuse the preconceived notions that you may have formulated about another group of people based on isolated incidents or what you see in the media. Also, what about children that are adopted by parents of a different race and take on the behaviors and attitudes of their parents? Apparently race doesn't play a role in someone's personality or how they conduct themselves.

Dylan
11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Being superior to someone in athletic ability or believing that the amount of money in your bank account entitles you to look down on someone is not the same thing as believing in racial superiority. Racism is believing that somehow your genetic traits make you of greater value than another human being. I'll agree that having similar looking people around you for you to be in your comfort zone can be attributed human nature. However, that does not excuse the preconceived notions that you may have formulated about another group of people based on isolated incidents or what you see in the media. Also, what about children that are adopted by parents of a different race and take on the behaviors and attitudes of their parents? Apparently race doesn't play a role in someone's personality or how they conducts themselves.
It seems from that perspective one reflects what they see as adolescents. If you are raised to say "yes ma'am/sir & no ma'am/sir" you apply it. You also see your parents/guardians using hateful remarks towards a group from a certain ethnicity you respond in the same manner.

BanginJimmy
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Low income areas aren't predominantly black in a lot of places because black people are lazy/dumb, it's because there still hasn't been enough time for all races to equal themselves out.

That is a typical cop out that has no basis in fact. The reason low income areas are primarily black is because they have lived in a culture of violence for generations. They live in a culture that puts zero emphasis on education or following the law. These people* have been taught to blame their own shortcomings on others and take no responsibility for their own actions.

Want to get out of these low income areas? It is very simple and I know MANY people that did exactly that. Its a 2 step process but dont worry, its not too complicated. Step one, dont get yourself in legal trouble, doesnt get any easier than this one. Step two, get a education. An education doesnt have to be a 4 year college either. You can go to the military and learn a MARKETABLE skill such a aircraft mechanic or something in the IT field or even military police, not infantry or artillary cause there are VERY few civilian jobs in these fields. You can go to a 2 year school and go into nursing. You can go to a tech school and become a welder. The list is endless and the only thing that can possibly get in your way is you.

I don't feel sorry for anyone either but it's too easy to say "Oh well I didn't do it so everything should be equal now".

Why shouldnt we be equal now? Why should one race be given extra benefits over another one? It is just as wrong now as it was then.

* "These people" refers to those living in generational poverty.

BanginJimmy
11-09-2011, 09:31 PM
double post

Catnip
11-09-2011, 09:51 PM
i'm sick of racism period. its not just black and white, its all across the board with all races. as a black person i was flipping through the channels and flipped past BET and tehy had 'black girls rock' i'm thinking to myself, if there's suppose to be a fight for equality etc etc, then why have a show, just for that...but at the same time, TO AN EXTENT i can understand why, because, as its the way of the world, minorities (even though i think its shown via polls and what not that whites are the minorities, but you get the drift of what i'm saying) dont get the recognition. on top of that, there are so many horrible models for the the 'black community' that a show like that just shows its not a bad thing to do your best and whats rapped about in the 'songs' about drugs, violence is not the only avenue to live.

in regards to your original post, i get in arguments w/ other black people i know about saying that 'white people are only out to see you as a black person do not succeed' but when i tell those who i argue w/ taht its not just one race that they target ALL THE TIME i see crabs in the bucket for every race, against their own and against those that are not their own.

point blank period. racism sucks fukin ass, hence why i've strived to keep all racist talk, joke, and even the n word out of my vocabulary. at the end of the day, how are you going to get past it if you dont start w/ yourself and get rid of it within yourself? you cant, and neither can the world. with that said, racism, as dumb as fuck as it sounds, will always live.

OAN: i hate it like fukin hell when a white person comes up to me about Obama and says "your president" WTF?! first off i'm not political so dont come at me sideways

Mad respect for your post.

I know I've had my jokes and I apologize. Never meant to hurt, but that they may have done.

98blackcivic
11-09-2011, 10:03 PM
yo
on the real..
idk if u american ppl know this...but ASIANS ARE MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD RACIST! south asians, east asians....hell even to the west in the middle east! arabs are racist to anyone who isnt an arab!
supposedly in some countries, you cant even apply for citizenship...
they'll talk about anyone that isnt their specific nationality!

Firefightin_tC
11-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Being superior to someone in athletic ability or believing that the amount of money in your bank account entitles you to look down on someone is not the same thing as believing in racial superiority. Racism is believing that somehow your genetic traits make you of greater value than another human being. I'll agree that having similar looking people around you for you to be in your comfort zone can be attributed human nature. However, that does not excuse the preconceived notions that you may have formulated about another group of people based on isolated incidents or what you see in the media. Also, what about children that are adopted by parents of a different race and take on the behaviors and attitudes of their parents? Apparently race doesn't play a role in someone's personality or how they conduct themselves.

Thank you for this Jon.

I can't count how many times I've been told "I act white." and when I confront them and asked them what that means they never seem to have a straight answer.

All I get is a chuckle and "Oh com'n man you know what I mean."

Sinfix_15
11-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Mad respect for your post.

I know I've had my jokes and I apologize. Never meant to hurt, but that they may have done.

i dont think racist jokes are the problem. Most of my black friends think the light hearted race jokes are just as funny as i do. "white man cant jump" "black guy stole my bike" that sort of thing is no big deal. I dont think we should be tight asses, we can still laugh at our selves.

But....... these political figures who are still trying to keep the issue of race alive are the same type of hate monger that Hilter or the KKK was. Theyre just disguised better.

Catnip
11-09-2011, 10:44 PM
i dont think racist jokes are the problem. Most of my black friends think the light hearted race jokes are just as funny as i do. "white man cant jump" "black guy stole my bike" that sort of thing is no big deal. I dont think we should be tight asses, we can still laugh at our selves.

But....... these political figures who are still trying to keep the issue of race alive are the same type of hate monger that Hilter or the KKK was. Theyre just disguised better.

There's a tattoo on my back that explains why I posted that. lol. Gotta start somewhere...

Kamikaze
11-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Thank you for this Jon.

I can't count how many times I've been told "I act white." and when I confront them and asked them what that means they never seem to have a straight answer.

All I get is a chuckle and "Oh com'n man you know what I mean."

No problem. I enjoy providing logic and reason where it's needed.

Concerning people who say things like that, there's no way they can provide an explanation without pointing out their own shortcomings. And going back to my previous point, connecting behavior and race is erroneous. Using their logic, there is a set of characteristics that you must embrace depending on the color of your skin. And if you differ from that then there's something "wrong" with you.

-EnVus-
11-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Black ppl cant be racist they like white pussy to much

Sinfix_15
11-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Black ppl cant be racist they like white pussy to much

I'd gladly prove my lack of racism with any of these ladies as well.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5-OwujZwJWg/TYb6dbM69-I/AAAAAAAAC8o/rCwoNHTOKjg/Sexy-Hot-Black-Girl-7.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj9pauB5yf1qze0jco1_400.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5135/1219456568210sm5.jpg

-EnVus-
11-09-2011, 11:37 PM
I was told by a black female friend that black women are becoming more hatefull toward white women. Due to more and more black men wanting white girls over them these days.
Yes they are many beautiful black girls out there but i do say about 80% of my buddies do have white g/fs.

boosted347
11-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I was told by a black female friend that black women are becoming more hatefull toward white women. Due to more and more black men wanting white girls over them these days.
Yes they are many beautiful black girls out there but i do say about 80% of my buddies do have white g/fs.

The reason this happens is because more white women have daddy issues and want to date a black man because it will make daddy mad lol...and they have a bigger wiener than the white man :lmfao:

-EnVus-
11-09-2011, 11:44 PM
The reason this happens is because more white women have daddy issues and want to date a black man because it will make daddy mad lol...and they have a bigger wiener than the white man :lmfao:
Actually ive been told its cause most white girls have hopes of they black b/fs becoming a famous rapper or Athlete.

Sammich
11-10-2011, 07:20 AM

it may not be the primary problem, but its definitely not helping to fix the issue w/ continually throwing stereotypes in people's face. you have a black guy that does the 'typical' thing of getting caught up in violence and drug life and you say 'typical, figures he'd throw his life away', but then turn the tables and you have one thats trying to make a name for himself, other than being an athelete, then he's an uncle tom. but what do i know right *rolls eyes*

i've already said it on FB before, theres way to make jokes w/o having to bring race or 'stereotypical BS' in it.

Brett
11-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Honestly the most racist perspective in america is people being racist against middle eastern(ers). 9-11 really made americans hate middle eastern people.

Middle Eastern people hate Americans, so it works out then!! LOL

Brett
11-10-2011, 07:40 AM
I work at a tire shop and I once heard a black woman said to my co-worker " You're charging me that because I'm black, aren't you?" I was dumbfounded, because she was serious. Needless to say he was speechless.

I had my car at a car show one time, and these 2 kids tried climbing into my car and I told them to get out, and the woman got pissed at me and said to her kids "Lets go, obviously he doesn't like black people" I was like WTF?? It would be more like I DON'T WANT KIDS, PEOPLE IN MY CAR... try teaching your kids respect for peoples property which obviously even you don't have, that was one time that the race card pissed me off. Do not accuse someone of not liking a race without the facts.

Dylan
11-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Middle Eastern people hate Americans, so it works out then!! LOL

They agree to disagree lol.

Sammich
11-10-2011, 07:45 AM
I had my car at a car show one time, and these 2 kids tried climbing into my car and I told them to get out, and the woman got pissed at me and said to her kids "Lets go, obviously he doesn't like black people" I was like WTF?? It would be more like I DON'T WANT KIDS, PEOPLE IN MY CAR... try teaching your kids respect for peoples property which obviously even you don't have, that was one time that the race card pissed me off. Do not accuse someone of not liking a race without the facts.

thats that ignorant shit. smh....people have no respect for others property, they dont care unless its their own

Brett
11-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Yeah ya know? I would have told the kids to get out of my car no matter what color of thier skin.... Its not color, its about respect... Eretha Franklin said it best R-E-S-P-E-C-T!! LOL

Sinfix_15
11-10-2011, 09:12 AM

most of my black friends who tell me the truth about why they prefer white women, its because black women have bad attitudes.

Firefightin_tC
11-10-2011, 09:37 AM
most of my black friends who tell me the truth about why they prefer white women, its because black women have bad attitudes.

Then again I've been more discriminated again by black women.

Sinfix_15
11-10-2011, 11:11 AM
one thing black people say that greatly confuses me is telling me that i only like black women that look like white women. This statement completely mind fucks me.

http://i37.tinypic.com/111mjk7.jpg
http://www.wallpaperme.com/112494-2/gabrielle-union-044.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/Afro-Beauty/BlackActressGabrielleUnionMaxim-1.jpg

silversol
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNzeJO1rn4A&feature=player_embedded

Dylan
11-10-2011, 12:01 PM
"African American means that you come from slavery", that is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard, period.

Brett
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
I do not like the term "African American" because really, you are not from Africa, generations ago your family was but you personally are just an American, Just like white people are not Caucasian American, etc. These are things that divide races that need to be removed from everyday life IMO, Why cant we all just be "American" why does anyone have to be singled out specifically?

Dylan
11-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I do not like the term "African American" because really, you are not from Africa, generations ago your family was but you personally are just an American, Just like white people are not Caucasian American, etc. These are things that divide races that need to be removed from everyday life IMO, Why cant we all just be "American" why does anyone have to be singled out specifically?

Exactly! We all live here in AMERICA, therefore we are Americans. As a nation we are supposed to stand united, not united but separated into a bunch of groups. People have too big of a problem these day calling themselves out in a stereotype or group that they don't even agree with. Why call yourself something and address others in the same manner you despise.

Brett
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I feel the same when people say they are Chinese American, Koren American, etc... If you live here and are a U.S Citizen... You are AMERICAN, Enough said.

[3000gt20s]
11-11-2011, 09:48 PM
well its been a few weeks since ive posted anything on here... but heres my 2 cents..... im cuban and ive also experience discrimination in middle school and when i was in high school... i doesnt feel good trust me... but people cannot dwell on the past... everyone now a days has an equal opportunity for everything. the race card is only pulled when minority cant get things there way... its like a desperate act for attention. i went to loganville high school at that time loganville was growing and small groups of minority were moving here. we had to stick together because we were definetly out number... but it was just a phase. some of my worst enemies that so so racist uin laters yeasrs befome some of my very good friends...... THE RACECARD IS BULLSHIT........TRUE STORY.

chinitoxamor
11-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm asian, I wouldnt say I'm racist, but I am prejudice against all white, black, hispanic, and other asians, Honestly I hate it when I drive up to a meet, and someone yells outta, piece of shit honda, first my car isnt loud like every other honda fanboy, and I dont go out calling people out to race. I hate other nationalities in general because I'm just stuck up lol, I'm not better than anyone, but I have my rights to dislike and like whatever and whoever I want.

jdm eg6
11-12-2011, 12:38 AM
race and religion

Echonova
11-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I love...

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/michelle_sophia/brownsugar.jpg

Sinfix_15
11-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm asian, I wouldnt say I'm racist, but I am prejudice against all white, black, hispanic, and other asians, Honestly I hate it when I drive up to a meet, and someone yells outta, piece of shit honda, first my car isnt loud like every other honda fanboy, and I dont go out calling people out to race. I hate other nationalities in general because I'm just stuck up lol, I'm not better than anyone, but I have my rights to dislike and like whatever and whoever I want.

Asians do act like they hate everyone, even in places they shouldnt. Every time i go for chinese food, those people look at me like they absolutely hate americans. I think the only reason we're not more offended by how rude asians are is because for the most part, we're fascinated with them and respect their prejudice. If i moved here from Japan, i would hate us too. Leave a country rich with tradition to come to america where the streets are littered with cheaply made cars, then when you open your business you realize that you have to americanize your food so that our mcdonald taste buds can handle it. Not to mention you will probably share a lot with a laundry mat and a title pawn. I'm on your side, i salute you for hating us.

-EnVus-
11-13-2011, 09:07 PM
I love...

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/michelle_sophia/brownsugar.jpg
This must mean Spanish women lol...
Also im not racist but damn i hate dealing or talking to Immigrant Indian, Pakistani etc... ppl

Brett
11-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Asians do act like they hate everyone, even in places they shouldnt. Every time i go for chinese food, those people look at me like they absolutely hate americans. I think the only reason we're not more offended by how rude asians are is because for the most part, we're fascinated with them and respect their prejudice. If i moved here from Japan, i would hate us too. Leave a country rich with tradition to come to america where the streets are littered with cheaply made cars, then when you open your business you realize that you have to americanize your food so that our mcdonald taste buds can handle it. Not to mention you will probably share a lot with a laundry mat and a title pawn. I'm on your side, i salute you for hating us.

LMAO!!! Your last sentence just made me LIRL

Brett
11-14-2011, 10:56 AM
;39331962']well its been a few weeks since ive posted anything on here... but heres my 2 cents..... im cuban and ive also experience discrimination in middle school and when i was in high school... i doesnt feel good trust me... but people cannot dwell on the past... everyone now a days has an equal opportunity for everything. the race card is only pulled when minority cant get things there way... its like a desperate act for attention. i went to loganville high school at that time loganville was growing and small groups of minority were moving here. we had to stick together because we were definetly out number... but it was just a phase. some of my worst enemies that so so racist uin laters yeasrs befome some of my very good friends...... THE RACECARD IS BULLSHIT........TRUE STORY.

Your spelling sucks, True story. LOL

collins
11-14-2011, 11:11 AM

I do find it in this time and age to be obsurd that there are special channels just for a race, like BET, or award shows for Black Entertainers, or Miss. Black America, etc..... Because if white people tried to have a WET channel or anything like that, there would be an outrage.

I am glad we live in a time when we have a black president (Even though I think Obama is a tool) but in general I am happy to see strides that have taken place in this country but Racism has a LONG way to go. Sad to see in 2011 the race card is still such an issue in this country and around the world. I think White and Blacks are just as guilty in this but I do seem to see the race card being played alot more

see, i'm not racist... i'm just an equal opportunity hater ;)

Brett
11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
WORD!! LMAO

Doppelgänger
11-15-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm not racist, I have a color T.V.

I think if one gets offended at a racial remark, then you are the dumbass for admitting to being part of that group. Each term has a certain meaning, and each of those clearly describes the "dumbass" group of each of those races. I'm sorry, but if someone calls me "cracka" or "white trash", I'd just laugh at them...because I know I'm not. Am I prejudice? Perhaps some. But I think everyone is to a degree, no matter how they act to your face. I would find it hard to believe that no one ever looks at another person and never has a negative though of that person based on their skin color....impossible. I'll admit I've called people various names, not because I dislike everyone of one race or another, but because I know when using it that those people would be offended and I was just going for what works fastest to piss them off.

Professor X
11-15-2011, 09:34 AM
It's been a while since I posted on ia, but I think this thread is more than deserving. Racism will exist as long as ignorance exists. To be honest, this very thread is racist because the skin color of someone is being used to make a judgement. This happens all over the world, not just here. I will provide my insight to a few of the comments that were made as a 30 year old AMERICAN!

African American is not the best term to describe the group of people that it does in America. Japanese-American or French-American are more fitting as those people most likely immigrated from Japan or France. However, why is a distinction even necessary and when was that distinction used? I ASSUME that because we are separated into categories within our country on almost everything that requires pen and paper that there had to be a 'description' and 'Black' just didn't sound good. Who knows, but I'm pretty sure 'black america' didn't crown themselves African Americans.

Culture has little to nothing to do with race. I don't think most people can identify with culture as our country is very young and has been a melting pot of cultures throughout its existence. If I like loud lifted straight piped chevy trucks, it doesn't mean I'm a redneck, it likely means I was raised in a culture where hunting, mudding, and shooting a rifle are fun things to do. If as a hispanic, I choose to modify my truck in previously stated manner, it doesn't suggest that I'm acting "white" or that I want to be a "redneck".

Running to a comfort zone is what you're comfortable with. If you were black and adopted by white parents and raised in an area with mostly whites, what would be comforting about running to a group of blacks to fit in? Where would you begin? However, if you enjoy classical or country music and you locate a group of people that share your interests, you will likely find comfort there.

Ignorant comments fly from both sides. In my opinion, the comments of Cain being assaulted because he is a black man with a white woman are as ignorant as the comments about BET or Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU's) being racist BASED ON THEIR EXISTENCE alone. For the record, I hate politics and I hate BET, but I won't be unfair. Cain is a political figure. Politics involve mud slinging and in this country what's more powerful than sex and race? He was attacked because he is a prominent figure running for office, PERIOD! Take a look at your favorite tv channels and see how many shows are targeted to MINORITIES. Take a walk around a college or university and see what percentage of MINORITIES are enrolled. The existence of a channel that puts on shows that no other network is interested in is not racist in itself. The content of some of the programming is a different story, but the owners of VH1 and I believe MTV own BET, not black people! HBCU's were founded when blacks were not allowed in college. They exist today as private schools with little funding from the government. Believe it or not, whites and other "non-African Americans" are able to attend on MINORITY scholarships!

I've ranted on long enough and will stop with this. Racism is easily passed down and will continue to pass down through generations as long as the color of someone's skin can be attributed to an action. The ignorant woman who claims black prices are higher didn't say that because she was black. The comments throughout this thread were not made because someone was black, white, asian, or cuban. They were made by individuals who have a lifelong sum of experiences that make up their personality. A previous poster said it best, it starts with us as individuals. I will not add fuel to the racial fire!

Brett
11-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Well said sir.

Echonova
11-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Indeed. You should post more often.

j0nbunklah0m
11-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Being a waiter nearly makes me racist, seeing all the stereotypes and how true they are. I can almost predict what a person will do/say when I talk to their table. (this goes for ALL races lol)

BanginJimmy
11-15-2011, 05:04 PM
African American is not the best term to describe the group of people that it does in America. Japanese-American or French-American are more fitting as those people most likely immigrated from Japan or France. However, why is a distinction even necessary and when was that distinction used? I ASSUME that because we are separated into categories within our country on almost everything that requires pen and paper that there had to be a 'description' and 'Black' just didn't sound good. Who knows, but I'm pretty sure 'black america' didn't crown themselves African Americans.

The term African American, a term I will never use, was main popular by Jesse Jackson. So you are wrong, it was black america that ran with the term.

Culture has little to nothing to do with race.

This. Culture has to do with proximity and discourse. It has nothing to do with race. How else could we explain Tiger Woods and Eminem?

Being a waiter nearly makes me racist, seeing all the stereotypes and how true they are. I can almost predict what a person will do/say when I talk to their table. (this goes for ALL races lol)

This is because a stereotype is simply an exaggeration of the truth, then applied to the entire group that it relates to.

BanginJimmy
11-15-2011, 05:09 PM
I found this very interesting on wikipedia.

Seems that just being black isnt enough anymore. You have to be the descendant of slavery to be held down in poverty by white men.

In the book The End of Blackness published by author Debra Dickerson, she warned against drawing favorable cultural implications from upwardly mobile black immigrants who are not the sons and daughters of American slavery and racial segregation. She used the political rise of President Barack Obama, who is the son of a Kenyan immigrant, a result of "Lumping us all together,"[156] Dickerson claimed it, "erases the significance of slavery and continuing racism while giving the appearance of progress."

Now all us racist white people have to remember that we are only racist towards descendants of black slaves, not a black immigrant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American

check out the section titled african american experience.

Kamikaze
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
The term African American, a term I will never use, was main popular by Jesse Jackson. So you are wrong, it was black america that ran with the term.

I'm not sure why people like to cite Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton as if they are the voice of Black America. They just tend to find their way into the media by saying whatever it takes to get their 15 minutes. And concerning the term African American, divisive as it may be, it sure sounds a lot better than negro or colored.

BanginJimmy
11-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure why people like to cite Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton as if they are the voice of Black America. They just tend to find their way into the media by saying whatever it takes to get their 15 minutes. And concerning the term African American, divisive as it may be, it sure sounds a lot better than negro or colored.

I didn't mean to insinuate that Jackson and his ilk spoke for all blacks, only that he brought the term into the mainstream.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Professor X
11-15-2011, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=BanginJimmy;39333252]The term African American, a term I will never use, was main popular by Jesse Jackson. So you are wrong, it was black america that ran with the term.

My point was not to credit or discredit anyone with the term, but to stress its lack of necessity. However, as previously stated, Jesse Jackson represents himself and the few that follow him. Although I'm no Jesse Jackson fan, I find it ironic that he is actually someone who did live during the time when things were quite different!

I do believe that there are some hardcore conservative leaders who represent the polar opposite but present their case a bit different and don't have the media attention.

Professor X
11-15-2011, 09:19 PM
This. Culture has to do with proximity and discourse. It has nothing to do with race. How else could we explain Tiger Woods and Eminem?

This is because a stereotype is simply an exaggeration of the truth, then applied to the entire group that it relates to.

I couldn't agree more with both of those comments!

-EnVus-
11-16-2011, 12:26 AM
LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/shanaya-edgell-mcdonalds_n_1095745.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C112899