PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods steering problems... any ideas

razo87
11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
car is a 95 civic sedan, its been lowered on skunk2 suspension. first off a while back it was wearing out front tires from the inside. Got car aligned but alignment lasted only a week and once again front tires wearing out. Only this time the driver wore out quicker than passenger. Replaced outer tie rods and had the car aligned, again. Now the car handles extremely bad. Car jerks to one side during turning or while hitting a bump. For example if i turn right during the first initial movement everything is fine but than it jerks and turns more sharply to the right and same while turning left. Steering wheel is slanted to the left because shop said i need new rack and pinion. im still confused as even when i brake there's a jerking motion and the steering wheel straightens out. Anyone know what could be causing this to happen...

Dylan
11-07-2011, 10:51 AM
do you have a camper kit on the car? It could be the control arm bushing on the driver side. I say that because I had a similar problem once.

razo87
11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Have camber kit. Taking car back to shop to realign. Had someone check suspension and no worn out or bent parts.

g-ridda
12-04-2011, 04:27 PM
have you been going to the place on buford highway?by farmers market?

razo87
12-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes and already got it fixed. Big 10 suxs. Was alignment, got it fixed somewhere else

g-ridda
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
lol i was just about to say man lol i had the same problem over there but i went to the place like 100 yards from there called GA autocare i dont think its big 10 i think its the employees....where did you go the last time how much they charge i need to get realighned??

razo87
12-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I had been going there for years with no problems till recently. The technician that always worked on my cars doesn't work there anymore. Was referred to his new shop by an employee at big 10. His shop is on a side road on buford hwy going towards gwinnett. Its the road after the subway, there a dealership there. Its a yellow building, don't remember the name but it starts with a J. Charged me 50, I thinl its for a year

razo87
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Just to say big 10 refused to recheck alignment, wouldn't because they said the rack and pinion was bad. Which was the reason for looking else where.