PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Opinions on my article?

CSquared
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM
If you guys could provide some constructive criticism on this piece I wrote that would be awesome. I was bored a few nights ago and decided to throw it together. I always thought writing for a car magazine would be an awesome career but I tend to put it in the same category as musician, pro athlete and such... a pipe dream.

You Know Who You Are... (working title)

Pulling up to the light you see the newest stereotypical sports car (the 2012 Mustang GT, for example) inevitably putting out 400hp and containing more technology in the cigarette lighter than every bit of electronics in your 1989 Geo Metro combined. Whether you’re in the early stages of a project pretending you don’t hear that guy next to you revving, or whether you’re sitting on a track monster ready to tear up some asphalt and leave enough smoke behind to suffocate every Prius owner within the 10 mile radius, there’s no denying that auto makers are doing their best to leave old fashioned tuners in the dust. Between overall increasing performance standards for current sports cars, potentially voiding life saving manufacturer warranties and ECU’s that pull timing to defeat the purpose of that shiny new exhaust, manufacturers don’t want you to tune anymore, and they want to make your old project car look like a jalopy too.

So do you fight it? Do you keep pouring money into that “I’ve seen better days” mess sitting in your driveway, or do you give in and buy a factory monster that needs no tuning to make your current ride look like something out of the bargain bin at Walmart? Take that 2012 Mustang GT: $30,000 buys 412hp and 390 lb-ft of torque blistering through the ¼ mile in 13 seconds at 110.6 mph. Not only that, but it also buys an even more amazing piece of paper that says no matter how much you beat on said Mustang (within the realm of reason), that your 412hp is covered by a 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty. Sure, your project may make the same power or even do a better ¼ mile but who pays for the damage when that piston decides that it wants to see the outside world and blows a hole through the side of your motor? Not only that, but how many of those same cars are comfortable enough to commute with on a daily basis even if they do defy logic and somehow stay together with that magical bag of zip ties? It’s no secret that the economy is still questionable and the unemployment rate is still frighteningly high, so logically the old school tuner is bound to go the way of the majestic and graceful dodo bird, Right?

Well, logic and reason may scream “Yes!”, but the fact remains that there are cars on the road today dating as far back as the dawn of the automotive industry that have about as much purpose and performance value as mammary glands on a bull. Speaking unfortunately from experience, your average irrational tuner knows that there are a plethora of cars which are more reliable and outperform that beloved Geo Metro Twin-Turbo with the multi-colored body panels (clearly for aerodynamic reasons), but cars to us are more than just a pile of constantly decomposing sheet metal. I’d venture to say that for the innately irrational among us it all boils down to one simple concept: Love. So, even though you’ve spent 10k on a modest engine build and turbo setup that will probably blow up anyway, and even though that money was more than enough for a down payment on one of those new-fangled rolling computers kids are driving these days (get off my lawn), a connection with a long-time project car or childhood dream car (although now most likely a relic) runs deeper than most logical folks can imagine. In the words of a great beer commercial series, I salute you Mr. “I don’t believe in logic or reason” guy.

DISCLAIMER: Thankfully, no I don’t own said Geo Metro mentioned above.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Geo metro? why?

also confused to which people you are trying to talk to.... poor teenagers? muscle car guys? trailer parks??? because acting like the modern sports car is some kind of space ship compared to what kids are tuning this days is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY off base.

These look like out dated horse and buggies to you? Unless you're leaving the lot in a ZR-1 Corvette.... most of the tuner world will rip your newly purchased vehicle a new ass.
http://cdn.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/toyota-supra-drag-race.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3568/3347595071_8b5f4fe742.jpg
http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/9359780/130_0607_03_z+nissan_180sx_silvia_s14_s15+all_thre e_cars.jpg

quickdodge®
11-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I believe he is trying to talk to the auto manufacturer's who are making cars to the point where you really don't have to modify them after purchasing the car. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I believe he is trying to talk to the auto manufacturer's who are making cars to the point where you really don't have to modify them after purchasing the car. Later, QD.

seems like that is not a new trend.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-5LZ_JOOuH8o/TkD8wxBGonE/AAAAAAAAHxw/IL0SSMFR_Qk/1970ChevroletChevelle454SS.jpg

CSquared
11-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Geo metro? why?

also confused to which people you are trying to talk to.... poor teenagers? muscle car guys? trailer parks??? because acting like the modern sports car is some kind of space ship compared to what kids are tuning this days is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY off base.

These look like out dated horse and buggies to you? Unless you're leaving the lot in a ZR-1 Corvette.... most of the tuner world will rip your newly purchased vehicle a new ass.

Geo Metro was just an arbitrary example I picked of a car that someone could theoretically modify. I don't know why someone would, but I'm sure there's someone out there with a generally bad ass metro. Just to clarify, my actual project car is a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo so if those cars were horse and buggies to me then mine must be the invention of the wheel.

I would say generally that I am aiming for your average tuner who modifies a car over time as opposed to the folks who pick a car up, throw a ton of money down and offload for a new car every few years. Nor would I say I'm talking about the folks who pick up a new z06 and throw money down for aftermarket parts on top of that. I think this applies to all types of cars be it american, import and so on. Basically whether or not you personally identify with the article is up to you.

CSquared
11-05-2011, 03:22 PM

Exactly. Essentially manufacturers who build a car that like the mustang that has 400hp with a factory warranty (unless less of course you modify) for 30k. Why even modify this car before the warranty runs out when it is so fun out of the box for such a reasonable price and will beat a majority of the cars you see on a daily basis?

You compare this to your average tuner with say a 240sx (just because it's been the hot car most recently) and how much money do you have to put into that car to make 400hp, be REALISTICALLY RELIABLE and comfortable to drive like the mustang? And it's not just the mustang... I think it's just a rumor at this point but for example I read something about Hyundai potentially putting out a 400+ hp genesis coupe for the next generation.

CSquared
11-05-2011, 03:37 PM
seems like that is not a new trend.

Well obviously the auto industry will continue to build bigger and better until we hit some sort of wall (be it a switchover to alternative fuels or something else along those lines), but as time goes on I've got to imagine that it will be harder and harder to keep up performance wise. I know a lot of tuner guys have separate daily drivers but if a freaken hyundai genesis coupe winds up with 400hp in the next few years doesn't it become harder to justify having 2 cars when you can buy one that will do the job of both (be fun to drive as well as being reliable and having a warranty)?

Plus the car pictures in your first post are like the cream of the crop. How many local tuner's cars look like that? And how much money is in each and every one of those builds? Do they still own them? Are they still running?

Believe me I will own my supra until it is wrecked or otherwise. I guess the original inspiration for that article was family and friends chastising me about just buying a new car as opposed to dumping so much money into the supra, but I've heard many of the same conversations take place with friends and their spouses as well as parents, other friends and so on.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Geo Metro was just an arbitrary example I picked of a car that someone could theoretically modify. I don't know why someone would, but I'm sure there's someone out there with a generally bad ass metro. Just to clarify, my actual project car is a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo so if those cars were horse and buggies to me then mine must be the invention of the wheel.

I would say generally that I am aiming for your average tuner who modifies a car over time as opposed to the folks who pick a car up, throw a ton of money down and offload for a new car every few years. Nor would I say I'm talking about the folks who pick up a new z06 and throw money down for aftermarket parts on top of that. I think this applies to all types of cars be it american, import and so on. Basically whether or not you personally identify with the article is up to you.

idk, this comparison has been around since the beginning of the automobile...... and the answer has always been the same. Modified car > stock car, in almost every example you could possibly imagine.

For the price of a new mustang, you could build 4 fox bodies that would out perform it.

For the price of a Ferrari enzo, you could build any car you wanted and out run it.

You can put an rx7 up against pretty much any car in the world $ vs $ and the rx7 will probably win.

You would be hard pressed to come up with an example of a stock car that was the fastest option in its price range. for the purpose of performance alone, the cheaper car will almost always win. just answering the basic question put forth in your article, will new cars ever be good enough to not modify or make people stop wanting and modifying old models? the answer is a resounding NO.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Plus the car pictures in your first post are like the cream of the crop.

This pretty much makes my point. The cars i listed are "CREAM OF THE CROP" probably twice as fast as a new mustang, look just as fresh, you probably would notice little to no quality differences, hell the supra and rx7 probably both have more unique features than a new mustang...... yet..... you could probably have any car i listed for the same price or cheaper than a new mustang....

You know what kind of rx7 30k buys you???!!?!?!??

How many local tuner's cars look like that?

you tell me
http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sevenstock_09_small.jpg

Echonova
11-05-2011, 06:41 PM
You know what kind of rx7 30k buys you???!!?!?!??

you tell me
http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sevenstock_09_small.jpgMost people can't walk into a bank and get a 30k personal loan, just so they can buy the 15 year old car of their dreams... However they can walk into a dealership with a 510 credit score and leave with a new Mustang. Not that they should... Most people drive a far nicer car(s) than their income "should" allow.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Most people can't walk into a bank and get a 30k personal loan, just so they can buy the 15 year old car of their dreams... However they can walk into a dealership with a 510 credit score and leave with a new Mustang. Not that they should... Most people drive a far nicer car(s) than their income "should" allow.

i agree, but thats a different argument. Financing is the way most people have cars they cant actually afford. However you manage to acquire $30k, financing, loan, stealing it, finding it.. ect ect...

$30k will buy you an rx7 (or other used car platform ) that will slaughter anything sitting on a dealership show room for $30k.

quickdodge®
11-05-2011, 08:18 PM
you tell me
http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sevenstock_09_small.jpg

A handful of decent looking RX7's hardly compares to the massive amounts of busted up 240s and Civics you see roaming the streets on a daily basis, too. I put over 2,000 miles per week of asphalt behind me every week and see maybe 1 last generation RX7 in a 2 week span. And it's usually stock. I would need about a half dozen hands to count the Hondas and 240s I see in a day. So I don't think your answer would be a good representation of your disagreement with this aspect of the OPs topic.

I do agree with the statement about financing allowing people that can't afford a nice, go-fast car to get one. Later, QD.

silversol
11-05-2011, 09:21 PM
idk, this comparison has been around since the beginning of the automobile...... and the answer has always been the same. Modified car > stock car, in almost every example you could possibly imagine.

For the price of a new mustang, you could build 4 fox bodies that would out perform it.

For the price of a Ferrari enzo, you could build any car you wanted and out run it.

You can put an rx7 up against pretty much any car in the world $ vs $ and the rx7 will probably win.

You would be hard pressed to come up with an example of a stock car that was the fastest option in its price range. for the purpose of performance alone, the cheaper car will almost always win. just answering the basic question put forth in your article, will new cars ever be good enough to not modify or make people stop wanting and modifying old models? the answer is a resounding NO.

A new 5.0 mustang with some minor bolt ons and sticky tires has the ability to run 10's. Plus will have that new car smell and not have 15+ years of abuse.

Julio
11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I would much rather have a car note on a new Mustang over any 240 on the planet...

CSquared
11-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Sinfix_15 I really feel like you are missing my whole point... read on please.

A lot of what the guys who have posted above hit the nail right on the head. Again, If you can afford to drop 30k on an rx7 this article is not for you. This article is for the DIY enthusiast who builds their car over time as a labor of love. Nevermind the fact that you STILL don't have a manufacturer warranty with a 30k rx-7 although you are probably baller enough not to care.

I can't even begin to recount how many dudes I know who bought a big money car, dropped big money on it and sold the thing shortly after. In this article I'm talking about the guys who literally LOVE their car, not the ones who play with it like it's a matchbox car and scrap it for another project shortly after. I have no disrespect for those folks, they just don't share my sentiment for a project car which is fine, and really aren't included in what I am saying. The title "You know who you are..." is essentially saying you know if this applies to you or not, which in your case it obviously does not.

The whole financing thing is ENTIRELY relevant to the article... The fact is you can have a BRAND NEW car as ECHO said with a shitty credit score that puts down 400hp reliably and has a warranty unlike this amazing rx7 that apparently defies all logic. Yes for the price of the new mustang you can build 4 fox bodys, or whatever the hell car you want for that matter... but drive those daily, kick the #### out of them on Sunday at autocross a few times a month, then drive them back to work on the following Mondays and let me know how that goes (and who goes out of pocket for the eventual broken parts).

As far as what QD said... Agreed 100%... And on top of that I'll give you a picture of one of my supra meets from 4-5 years ago where we had a crew of 6-7 MK3's which were all quick and clean. Yeah in the picture they are BEAUTIFUL, but how many of them are still running? None. How many are still owned by the same people? I think 2-3. So it's easy to post a picture of a car meet or make sweeping generalizations about how such and such car would be a rocket ship dollar for dollar compared to the mustang. Hell for enough money the Geo Metro mentioned in my article will run 10's.

Do I think people will ever stop modifying? No, absolutely not. But is it funny to stop and think how retarded our love for a car and the general hobby is especially considering the non-existent return on investment? Especially in a time of economic depression? Absolutely.

I don't know if I can be any more clear than that. Please someone else step in if you can.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 11:02 PM
A handful of decent looking RX7's hardly compares to the massive amounts of busted up 240s and Civics you see roaming the streets on a daily basis, too. I put over 2,000 miles per week of asphalt behind me every week and see maybe 1 last generation RX7 in a 2 week span. And it's usually stock. I would need about a half dozen hands to count the Hondas and 240s I see in a day. So I don't think your answer would be a good representation of your disagreement with this aspect of the OPs topic.

I do agree with the statement about financing allowing people that can't afford a nice, go-fast car to get one. Later, QD.

I'm just comparing $ vs $, even if you took that busted up $1500 240sx, that gives you $28,500 to fix it. Said 240 would slaughter a new mustang.

If i could afford a new mustang, i would buy one and be happy with it. I cant, but for a fraction of the cost i have a 240sx that will out perform a new mustang easily. I'm a broke young guy with an avg job and money to work with and i can reach the performance of a 2010 mustang with 1/4 of the money spent. If you want a new car and all the things that come with owning a new car, buy a new car....

if you want to look good and go fast, you can do it cheaper with an old platform. rx7 looks good parked beside anything from any generation, so do a lot of other older cheaper cars.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 11:05 PM
I would much rather have a car note on a new Mustang over any 240 on the planet...

for the most part i agree... a 240 will never match the class or sophistication of a new mustang. Supra/rx7 can though

i would rather have this than a new mustang
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UCHZuUmf5ro/TfWXwVVN2nI/AAAAAAAABIs/ZLtFr8LUa2c/s1600/securedownload-25.jpg

-EnVus-
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
The MPG with the New Mustang isn't to shabby either considering the power they put out compared to that Turbo Civic.
Chicks will flock to the New shinny roaring Mustang Before the Primered Turbo BOV popping Civic.

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 11:17 PM
The MPG with the New Mustang isn't to shabby either considering the power they put out compared to that Turbo Civic.
Chicks will flock to the New shinny roaring Mustang Before the Primered Turbo BOV popping Civic.

idk why you guys are trying to make this new mustang vs beater civic/240.

Im comparing $30,000 new car to $30,000 used car.

$30,000 used cars look like this........................
http://whoisfelix.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/nsx129.jpg
http://xtbuy.com/image/album/Toyota+Supra/Toyota_Supra_Stealth.sized.jpg
http://www.japsalon.com/Pics/Large%20Pics/33GTR_Doluck_Bumper.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3349829413_8f29c3a198.jpg
http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/wheels/iforged/C5VETTE19and20AERO1.JPG

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 11:26 PM
you can get a early 2000s 911 for under $40k.....

Which guy do you think the girl is going to go home with???
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2000-2003/2003-Porsche-911-GT2-Red-Speed-Front-1024x768.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/12/2012-mustang-pricing.jpg

-EnVus-
11-05-2011, 11:26 PM
idk why you guys are trying to make this new mustang vs beater civic/240.

Im comparing $30,000 new car to $30,000 used car.

$30,000 used cars look like this........................

"USED" is the Key word here id rather have New un-abused my self

-EnVus-
11-05-2011, 11:28 PM
you can get a early 2000s 911 for under $40k.....

Which guy do you think the girl is going to go home with???

The guy with the car less likely to need a Triple A call for lol

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 11:29 PM
here's another car close to the 40k price range.........
http://mustangeleanor.net/data/media/3/18._1995_Ferrari_355_B_-_Diane.jpg

Sinfix_15
11-05-2011, 11:31 PM

well, thats pretty much the 1 factor that it boils down too. Do you want a NEW car...... 5 years from now we'll have this conversation again and ill say "id much rather have that 2012 mustang with the money left over to spend on it than X____________"

CSquared
11-06-2011, 12:41 AM
If im throwing down 30k for anything it better have an authentic new car smell as opposed to pine tree air freshener to cover up sweaty ass burnt rubber track day smell.

Dude my supra... I'm prob over 10k in on mods but I've had it I think since 03-04. I'm 2j swapped and singled which I will regret posting, but you know that said I make AT LEAST mustang power... No matter what kind of engine build I wind up with when this eventually blows will I ever feel 100% secure on a road trip? Hell to the fucking no. And if you think any of those 30k cars would make me feel the least bit more secure you are crazy. Aftermarket and old shit breaks. The mustang is best of both worlds for 5 years 50k miles.

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 01:15 AM
If im throwing down 30k for anything it better have an authentic new car smell as opposed to pine tree air freshener to cover up sweaty ass burnt rubber track day smell.

Dude my supra... I'm prob over 10k in on mods but I've had it I think since 03-04. I'm 2j swapped and singled which I will regret posting, but you know that said I make AT LEAST mustang power... No matter what kind of engine build I wind up with when this eventually blows will I ever feel 100% secure on a road trip? Hell to the fucking no. And if you think any of those 30k cars would make me feel the least bit more secure you are crazy. Aftermarket and old shit breaks. The mustang is best of both worlds for 5 years 50k miles.

I'd have a lot more faith in a toyota engine over a ford engine. Warranty doesnt mean it wont break... just means they will fix it if it does. Been a minute since ive owned a Ford, but i dont remember their service department rolling out the red carpet for warranties. Having your car fixed by the dealership isnt exactly an enjoyable experience.

Rx8s come with a 100k warranty.... need i say more. LOLOLOLOLOL

All this talk about new car smell..... they sell interior too..... everything can be replaced with something fresh and new. I'm just not one of those people who like new cars. I know a lot of people that go out and buy new cheap cars just to have something new vs something loaded a few years back.

CSquared
11-06-2011, 08:57 AM
I'd have a lot more faith in a toyota engine over a ford engine. Warranty doesnt mean it wont break... just means they will fix it if it does. Been a minute since ive owned a Ford, but i dont remember their service department rolling out the red carpet for warranties. Having your car fixed by the dealership isnt exactly an enjoyable experience.

Rx8s come with a 100k warranty.... need i say more. LOLOLOLOLOL

All this talk about new car smell..... they sell interior too..... everything can be replaced with something fresh and new. I'm just not one of those people who like new cars. I know a lot of people that go out and buy new cheap cars just to have something new vs something loaded a few years back.

lol this post is my official resignation from this argument. Whether or not they give you shit about fixing it, or what their service is like, they still fix it... Also, do you replace all the 15 year old sheet metal that god knows what the previous owner did with it (accidents, drifting, crappy modifications and so on)? I can't see a chassis ever being as fresh or responsive as out of the factory especially if someone was rolling it on some coilovers for example, and that kind of shit 99% of people don't address. I mean seriously you're going to tell me that you wouldn't have wanted to buy any of those cars you pictured earlier directly off the assembly line? I wish I could go back in time to 1989 and buy mine.

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 12:56 PM
lol this post is my official resignation from this argument. Whether or not they give you shit about fixing it, or what their service is like, they still fix it... Also, do you replace all the 15 year old sheet metal that god knows what the previous owner did with it (accidents, drifting, crappy modifications and so on)? I can't see a chassis ever being as fresh or responsive as out of the factory especially if someone was rolling it on some coilovers for example, and that kind of shit 99% of people don't address. I mean seriously you're going to tell me that you wouldn't have wanted to buy any of those cars you pictured earlier directly off the assembly line? I wish I could go back in time to 1989 and buy mine.

idk man, my last name isnt Kardashian, i have no problem owning something someone else has already owned. It's not 1970 anymore, a used car isnt a mystery box. Carfax shows you if its been wrecked or not.

Sunkenkarma
11-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Ima agree with sinfix with this one, you can get alot more bang for your buck building your own shit, then going out and paying for an overpriced piece of plastic from a showroom. Plus there are alot better quality out there for less than a new mustang, IE Older Ferrari, Porcshe etc.

silversol
11-06-2011, 05:31 PM
idk man, my last name isnt Kardashian, i have no problem owning something someone else has already owned. It's not 1970 anymore, a used car isnt a mystery box. Carfax shows you if its been wrecked or not.

Bullshit!!!!! Carfax does not show everything. It only shows accidents reported. I have seen some very wrecked frame bent drifted into a wall and fixed cars that have a perfect carfax. I guy I knew in highschool tryed to cross a creek in his brand new f150 and sunk it to the seats! After alot of cleaning and drying out the interior. The main damage was the transmission after draining the fluid/ and water out of it and pressure washing the underside of the truck ford replaced the transmission under warenty and he traded it in for another one. You know what it had a perfect carfax!!! Also a theft or a theft recovery does not show up on a carfax!

silversol
11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Also say somthing happens to that 240 your dumbass put 30k into and someone pulls out in front of you and bam its totaled good luck ever getting anywhere near a 30k pay out on insurance! Mean while the guy in the new mustang is on his way to ford to buy a new one!

-EnVus-
11-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Also say somthing happens to that 240 your dumbass put 30k into and someone pulls out in front of you and bam its totaled good luck ever getting anywhere near a 30k pay out on insurance! Mean while the guy in the new mustang is on his way to ford to buy a new one!
I'm sure he's one of those who rounds the parts values up in price and assumes its all worth it in resale. A 240 may have a front clip swap and different engine but its still a 240 and will never sell like a Silvia.

silversol
11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc4Xb7G1ck

Intake/exaust/sticky tires and runs 11s, has all the luxurys of a new car. Not like alot of used cars the dumbass kids have wiretucked/ hacked the suspension and a.c and cruse control to try and run 11's and forget about the peace of mind or a road trip it one of those pieces of shit that the same kid thinks is worth 30k

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
typical IA, cant offer an opinion without being attacked personally. Another thread turns into a 240 hate fest.

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
You can insure a declared value on any vehicle. When some guys wrecks his 70 Chevelle or 65 Mustang, you think the insurance company hands him the $1200 retail value?

You are all bringing up arguments about the benefits of insurance, warranties, financing.... but ignoring the simple fact that you get more used car for your dollar than you do new car. You can not dispute this.

quickdodge®
11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
typical IA, cant offer an opinion without being attacked personally. Another thread turns into a 240 hate fest.

I agree. Let's keep this a civil topic without name calling and bashing, please. Later, QD.

silversol
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
You can insure a declared value on any vehicle. When some guys wrecks his 70 Chevelle or 65 Mustang, you think the insurance company hands him the $1200 retail value?

You are all bringing up arguments about the benefits of insurance, warranties, financing.... but ignoring the simple fact that you get more used car for your dollar than you do new car. You can not dispute this.

I have collector car insurance on my 67 mustang it has been apprased and does not cost very much, Know why? The insurance company is not stupid they know classic car collectors take care of them they dont drive them daily or often I put 1400 miles on my mustang last year. That being said they know 240's are magnets to walls and trees they know they are driven daily and hard mostly by drivers under 21 years of age. they know by the number of claims and by tickets on peoples driving record. Good example it was cheaper almost by half for FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE on a 2004 mustang gt that was 2 years old at the time, then liability only for a 1995 acura integra gsr! That is becase the mustang was a new car at the time and most kids could not afford to drive them and do stupid shit in them to bring the claims percentage up on them unlike the integra where 98% of them have all been wrecked/stolen and other wise fucked up!

silversol
11-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Im useing 240 owners as a example im willing to bet 98% of them all have liabilty only insurance no matter how moded they are. Honda owners are the same way. They are broke kids that own them one trip to the wtb forum will tell you that. they all want to buy used shit like tires. I have even seen people on here try to sell used break pads!

Jdm94Coupe
11-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Good example it was cheaper almost by half for FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE on a 2004 mustang gt that was 2 years old at the time, then liability only for a 1995 acura integra gsr! That is becase the mustang was a new car at the time and most kids could not afford to drive them and do stupid shit in them to bring the claims percentage up on them unlike the integra where 98% of them have all been wrecked/stolen and other wise fucked up!

I haven't read this full thread. But you do realize that the acura integra is so much more to insure because its much much much much more likely to be stolen then that mustang! Also, the integra holds more value then most mustangs. Look it up, the integra is in the top 10 every year in stolen cars, as is the civic. The mustang is never to be found on that list. It's not because its new and "kids" can't afford them. But if it makes you feel better to say you own a ford mustang then an acura integra suit yourself. But it doesn't make you seem more mature or smarter then others. IMO, looking at the gas prices, i think you look the exact opposite........

Echonova
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Echonova3/resizephp.jpg

Jdm94Coupe
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM

Just because something is used, does not mean its abused. If you would rather have that mustang then the Porsche he posted, its probably something wrong with you mentally. BTW, since when has the mustang become known as reliable? What world is that in?

And for $30,000 I have more faith in an engine i built, compared to an engine thrown together on a assembly line in 20 minutes. Warranty doesn't help you out when you are stranded with no $ because you are paying a ridiculous monthly car payment, that most can't afford anyway.

Dylan
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Well I suppose I fall into that "broke ass kid category". With that said I have a car that isn't brand new or beaten to hell and back. A lot of my time has been put into getting my car and making it the way I feel I want it to be. If I could OWN a brand new vehicle you better bet I would have one. There is just no way in hell I can afford to go out and purchase a brand new car at my age. I'm not one to pay payments on a car, and all of the cars I have had my name was on the title and in my hand. Though I can agree that I would rather not own an old ass honda, nissan, toyota, etc. simply because I hate how shitty that they have become over the years from repetitive abuse.

silversol
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I haven't read this full thread. But you do realize that the acura integra is so much more to insure because its much much much much more likely to be stolen then that mustang! Also, the integra holds more value then most mustangs. Look it up, the integra is in the top 10 every year in stolen cars, as is the civic. The mustang is never to be found on that list. It's not because its new and "kids" can't afford them. But if it makes you feel better to say you own a ford mustang then an acura integra suit yourself. But it doesn't make you seem more mature or smarter then others. IMO, looking at the gas prices, i think you look the exact opposite........

reading owns you. I would rather have a 2 years old mustang then a 12 year old integra at the time. The integra had liability only insurance so if it was stolen the insurance company would not lose a penny.

Im not going to get into the whats worth more. Its just stupid Im sure the kbb is alot more on a 2004 mustang gt then it is on a 95 integra gsr you dont have to be harvard grad to figure that one out. whats a 93 gsr integra worth 2-3k tops? good luck getting a decent 93 mustang 5.0 coupe for less than 5k.

yeah the integra was the top 10 most stolen car in america. the peace of mind of not owning it was great I could go to the club in a 2 year old mustang that had every thing you could want and I never worried one time about it not being there, Unlike the 12 year old integra you always had to worry about it was stupid, The peace of mind was worth its weigh in gold! Also integras are easy to steal any low life with a screw driver can take it, Unlike the mustang with a chipped key.

Yeah it does make me feel better to own a nice mustang over a integra any day, Every time I see a integra I think kids car and so do the cops. I got pulled over so many times in the integra for window tint that was 25-30% and basicly for the cops to see what i was up to becase it was a kids car. The mustang had very very illegal window tint 5% all windows and the windshild was done all the way down in 30% you could not not see me sitting in the car from 5 ft away. It also had a very loud exaust system I never once got pulled over I would speed more that I would care to admit in it.

CSquared
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah my girls car was def in a front end... but carfax was clean as a whistle when she bought it. Carfax doesn't even pretend to be 100% accurate... There is actually a disclaimer about that when you purchase one.

Just because something is used, does not mean its abused. If you would rather have that mustang then the Porsche he posted, its probably something wrong with you mentally. BTW, since when has the mustang become known as reliable? What world is that in?

And for $30,000 I have more faith in an engine i built, compared to an engine thrown together on a assembly line in 20 minutes. Warranty doesn't help you out when you are stranded with no $ because you are paying a ridiculous monthly car payment, that most can't afford anyway.

Dude as far as I know ford is building some of the highest quality cars on the road these days, which is why they didn't take a shit like GM during the recession. If you can post some statistics to prove otherwise that would be great because I can't find anything on a google search. Plus, it doesn't even have to be ford specifically... What about the STI at 300+hp for 33k? What about the evo at 300hp for 34k? What about the genesis if they do a V8 coupe? The new toyota ft86 that's bound to get a stock turbo at some point? All cars that are reasonably priced and fun out of the box.

And if we're speaking from the perspective of having enough money to straight out spend 30k on a used car build then we'd also have said money to straight out buy a brand new mustang at the end of the model year... There would be no car payment, therefor that doesn't make sense either.

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I think which side of this argument youre on depends on how much money you have. If i was wealthy, i would want all of the perks that come with a new car purchase. Since im not wealthy, i cant justify paying for a brand new car when used cars are so much cheaper. If you buy a new Corvette, it doesnt turn into a pumpkin new years eve.... its still a corvette.... 2 years later, 5 years later, 10 years later.

silversol
11-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Well I suppose I fall into that "broke ass kid category". With that said I have a car that isn't brand new or beaten to hell and back. A lot of my time has been put into getting my car and making it the way I feel I want it to be. If I could OWN a brand new vehicle you better bet I would have one. There is just no way in hell I can afford to go out and purchase a brand new car at my age. I'm not one to pay payments on a car, and all of the cars I have had my name was on the title and in my hand. Though I can agree that I would rather not own an old ass honda, nissan, toyota, etc. simply because I hate how shitty that they have become over the years from repetitive abuse.

I am assuming by your sn you have a 99-00 Si. These i can say are one of my favorite hondas I have owned when they are stock! I dont mind a slight drop. I had a electron blue pearl one I loved the car to death! It was bone stock besides a set of springs. This was several years ago even then it was broken into twice in an attempt to steal it. I had to let go of it becase it was not worth having a car i could not drive anywhere out of fear, Could not go to the mall/ movies/ club or leave it out side of the garage over night out of fear it would not be where i left it. Good luck finding one now a days that does not have a history of theft/ accident history/ or has been mechaniced to death by kids trying to fit in with the latest fad. A good car fax on one of theses are few and far between.

silversol
11-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I think which side of this argument youre on depends on how much money you have. If i was wealthy, i would want all of the perks that come with a new car purchase. Since im not wealthy, i cant justify paying for a brand new car when used cars are so much cheaper. If you buy a new Corvette, it doesnt turn into a pumpkin new years eve.... its still a corvette.... 2 years later, 5 years later, 10 years later.

I was not or am by no means wealthy just good with money. A car payment is not that hard to make if you have steady employment and wait for the right deal. I stole that mustang for 12k which at the time was a steal, had 7k in the bank from working and saving and sold the integra within days for 5k and bam new mustang in the drive way and paid for. granted this was in 05-06

Dylan
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
I am assuming by your sn you have a 99-00 Si. These i can say are one of my favorite hondas I have owned when they are stock! I dont mind a slight drop. I had a electron blue pearl one I loved the car to death! It was bone stock besides a set of springs. This was several years ago even then it was broken into twice in an attempt to steal it. I had to let go of it becase it was not worth having a car i could not drive anywhere out of fear, Could not go to the mall/ movies/ club or leave it out side of the garage over night out of fear it would not be where i left it. Good luck finding one now a days that does not have a history of theft/ accident history/ or has been mechaniced to death by kids trying to fit in with the latest fad. A good car fax on one of theses are few and far between.
I did have a milano red Si, but I sold it. That was such a great car and I plan on owning another one in the future. Theft was a big problem with it, my key whole had been busted numerous times and I got fed up with it. After a lot of money management I have an 04' rsx type-s. It's by far my favorite of all cars I have owned. It's fully loaded with an alarm so I have no worries and Police NEVER bother me.

silversol
11-06-2011, 09:42 PM

Find me a bone stock unmolested 95 integra gsr with no bad history that has not been abused or a 99-00 si for that matter. The mustangs i have owned have been nothing but reliable never left me stranded. I have alot more faith in a factory built engine then any built engine i dont care who built it period! I know for a fact every thing is 100% brand new unlike a built motor that you dont know what corners have been cut. Even if you built it yourself did you tork everybolt to spec? Did you check every clearance? what if you made a mistake and misread a tork spec? your human it happens. I have alot more faith in ford fixing or replacing a engine if it were to fail underwarrenty then I will any engine builder or shop on the planet!

silversol
11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Find me a bone stock unmolested 95 integra gsr with no bad history that has not been abused or a 99-00 si for that matter. The mustangs i have owned have been nothing but reliable never left me stranded. I have alot more faith in a factory built engine then any built engine i dont care who built it period! I know for a fact every thing is 100% brand new unlike a built motor that you dont know what corners have been cut. Even if you built it yourself did you tork everybolt to spec? Did you check every clearance? what if you made a mistake and misread a tork spec? your human it happens. I have alot more faith in ford fixing or replacing a engine if it were to fail underwarrenty then I will any engine builder or shop on the planet!

edit the mustang i own now is 40 years old I have not started it in months I have total faith in it taking me anywhere I want to go with out needing anything besides maybe a jump from sitting and gas. I know its a well maintained car but its still 40 years old anything can happen would i take it on a road trip a cross country probably not just becase its a 40 year old car.

Dylan
11-06-2011, 09:52 PM
The insurance is one third of the price than it was for my Si, which was molested to hell and back. I feel I could take my rsx anywhere I wanted to and would not be let down. It still has air conditioning , cruise control, and power steering, which damn near every honda/ acura 01' and older do not have. Its not brand new but it's better than a 5,000,000 hp turbo whatever that was built with the amount of money my car is worth.

silversol
11-06-2011, 09:56 PM
The insurance is one third of the price than it was for my Si, which was molested to hell and back. I feel I could take my rsx anywhere I wanted to and would not be let down. It still has air conditioning , cruise control, and power steering, which damn near every honda/ acura 01' and older do not have. Its not brand new but it's better than a 5,000,000 hp turbo whatever that was built with the amount of money my car is worth.

someone gets it!:goodjob:

-EnVus-
11-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Yeah cause the new integras is what everyone wants... Oh wait they don't make Integras anymore hmm

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 11:13 PM

You could be on to something here, all those old 90s car had shit interior with no ac, ps or anything.... new mustang interior would probably make a 90s Mazda look like shit.
http://www.hdcarwallpapers.com/walls/mazda_rx7_interior-normal.jpg
http://www.carnimal.com/wp-content/gallery/2012-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-interior.jpg

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 11:19 PM
01 porsche, same price range as 2012 mustang........

The porsche owner sure is roughing it with that rugged wood shed he calls an interior
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/images/b/2011/04/11/63911977/0_IMG_1505.JPG

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
OP is gonna like this one................... 1989 supra
http://image.importtuner.com/f/35907393+w750+st0/impp_1104_02_o+1989_toyota_supra+interior_view.jpg

Dylan
11-06-2011, 11:23 PM
yeah see that shit sucks..you pay for what you get and technology has come a long way.

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 11:29 PM
oh well..... a 240sx is still a shit box... i wouldnt be caught dead sitting behind the wheel of one of those, probably looks like the inside of a barn
http://mduece.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/impp_1012_06_onissan_s15_silviabride_interior.jpg? w=450&h=337

Dylan
11-06-2011, 11:34 PM
That is what it evolved into and definitely isn't an eyesore.

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 11:35 PM
not to mention....... 240 owners are all broke ass kids who do work in their backyards, who wants anything theyve fixed up
http://www.petertarach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/240LS301.jpg
http://www.petertarach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/240LS315.jpg
http://www.petertarach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/JDMs13aero.jpg

silversol
11-06-2011, 11:38 PM
not to mention....... 240 owners are all broke ass kids who do work in their backyards, who wants anything theyve fixed up
http://www.petertarach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/240LS301.jpg
http://www.petertarach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/240LS315.jpg
http://www.petertarach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/JDMs13aero.jpg

Ahh the 1% its been years since I have see a 240 on the streets with a decent paint job..... No where are is the a/c power sterring cruse control powerwindows and locks? basics that all new cars have now? And that boss 302 interior is sick! I like it over all the other cars you have posted.

Dylan
11-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I always wanted to do something like that with my old 240, but the problem is resale and what it is intended to be used for. The car would be great for the person who built it to keep, but on the other hand anyone on the market may be looking for something different out of a 240 they're seeking to purchase. It's amazing to the owner and they know how to fix it because they built it, but that means that no one else would know where to begin on it.

-EnVus-
11-06-2011, 11:56 PM
This isn't a 240 vs Mustang debate if it was that would been crushed already. I having owned 4 240s myself can say a Mustang is better in performance and reliability.
Key point to OPs subject guess it comes down to who has what taste and how much money at a single time.
A broke person can't argue that a new car is better. As for a rich person just has money to run out and buy a new ride.
If my options was different and I had a fat roll in my pocket my DD would be anyghing New period.

Sinfix_15
11-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Ahh the 1% its been years since I have see a 240 on the streets with a decent paint job..... No where are is the a/c power sterring cruse control powerwindows and locks? basics that all new cars have now? And that boss 302 interior is sick! I like it over all the other cars you have posted.

This is my car.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s268/Virtutis/DSC02467.jpg

side note..... if i had to pick a new car that is worth every penny..... and doesnt need anything at all.
http://carreviewsline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2011-Corvette-ZR1-Back-View-Photos-6-600x375.jpg

-EnVus-
11-07-2011, 12:06 AM
^then why not do a little more for a GTR and you can talk all the shit you want and be legit lol

Dylan
11-07-2011, 12:16 AM
That would be pointless. He could take that money and make the corvette better than a gtr... It goes on and on lol

-EnVus-
11-07-2011, 12:21 AM
That would be pointless. He could take that money and make the corvette better than a gtr... It goes on and on lol

Yeah I'd still save my couple grand or so from not buying those and buy better reliability while not going broke.....Mustang

Dylan
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
And we are back to where we began :rolleyes:

Sinfix_15
11-07-2011, 12:41 AM
gonna go ahead and settle this mustang vs corvette before it even gets started.

World's fastest "street car" used to be a mustang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SApphqLwCwM#t=9s

The same guy got a corvette and broke his own record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hCqxzh3bmx8#t=1s

Sinfix_15
11-07-2011, 12:45 AM
night folks

-EnVus-
11-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Lol you seeing things who said a vette was slower ? Also I'm sure if you could afford just a quarter of the investment that corvette had you would be driving a New car. Not a money eating 240sx that has no warranty and probaly liability insurance.

CSquared
11-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Lol you seeing things who said a vette was slower ? Also I'm sure if you could afford just a quarter of the investment that corvette had you would be driving a New car. Not a money eating 240sx that has no warranty and probaly liability insurance.

I really don't even know where the fuck the logic went in this thread. It went from reasonable discussion to being clogged with 99999 pointless images that have nothing to do with anything.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is not advocating mustangs, this is advocating all newer cars that offer good performance for the money. The mustang was another arbitrary example just like the Geo Metro. Regardless, I agree that the mustang interior is quite nice so I don't know what you're getting at.

OP is gonna like this one................... 1989 supra
http://image.importtuner.com/f/35907393+w750+st0/impp_1104_02_o+1989_toyota_supra+interior_view.jpg

By the way... That interior is done up tacky.

Sinfix_15
11-07-2011, 10:20 AM

explain to me what makes a 240sx money eating. I havnt had to repair anything on my car in almost 4 years.

Sinfix_15
11-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I really don't even know where the fuck the logic went in this thread. It went from reasonable discussion to being clogged with 99999 pointless images that have nothing to do with anything.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is not advocating mustangs, this is advocating all newer cars that offer good performance for the money. The mustang was another arbitrary example just like the Geo Metro. Regardless, I agree that the mustang interior is quite nice so I don't know what you're getting at.

By the way... That interior is done up tacky.

whats tacky about it? the removable laptop in the passenger seat? if i have a soccer ball sitting in my passenger seat, thats not part of the interior.

CSquared
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
The cheesy ass momo steering wheel and racing seats. Also the pointless ass computer covering the oem cluster. Let's just say I prefer oem look.

Sinfix_15
11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
The cheesy ass momo steering wheel and racing seats. Also the pointless ass computer covering the oem cluster. Let's just say I prefer oem look.

Steering wheel looks ok to me, same for seats. 2 things i usually dont like.... but theyre at least close to factory look. Not bright red seats or chrome steering wheel. can take or leave the computer in dash

-EnVus-
11-07-2011, 02:07 PM
explain to me what makes a 240sx money eating. I havnt had to repair anything on my car in almost 4 years.

Well if yours was stock the shitty suspension, shitty engine, shitty tranny, list of wiring issues and shorts over time. Leaks Etc etc etc

quickdodge®
11-07-2011, 03:56 PM
^then why not do a little more for a GTR and you can talk all the shit you want and be legit lol

The GTR doesn't look nearly as good and appealing as a Vette.

I haven't read this full thread. But you do realize that the acura integra is so much more to insure because its much much much much more likely to be stolen then that mustang!.

An Integra is not even close in dollar amount to insure than a Mustang. And to address the last part of the quote, if the Integra (and Civic for that matter) is that much much much much more likely to be stolen then that mustang, then would anyone want to get one, much less dump all that money into one? Later, QD.

Jdm94Coupe
11-07-2011, 06:55 PM
The GTR doesn't look nearly as good and appealing as a Vette.

Thats personal opinion, i would rather have the GTR because the vette looks the same every damn year IMO. Plus there are like 3 vettes at my job, a GTR would drop a few jaws.

An Integra is not even close in dollar amount to insure than a Mustang. And to address the last part of the quote, if the Integra (and Civic for that matter) is that much much much much more likely to be stolen then that mustang, then would anyone want to get one, much less dump all that money into one? Later, QD.

Look back at the thread, I wasn't the one who said his GSR was at much to insure as his mustang..... But BTW i drop money into my hobby because im smart.... garage... no kiddy shit here

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Jdm94Coupe/IMG_20111016_193714.jpg

Yeah cause the new integras is what everyone wants... Oh wait they don't make Integras anymore hmm

Go back to google. Acura RSX is the replacement for the Acura Integra in america. Oh wait thats just my common sense talking hmm

Even if you built it yourself did you tork everybolt to spec? Did you check every clearance? what if you made a mistake and misread a tork spec? your human it happens. I have alot more faith in ford fixing or replacing a engine if it were to fail underwarrenty then I will any engine builder or shop on the planet!

You have no faith because you don't know how to build an engine. Look at the ls/vtec you fucked up! You have more faith in somebody else because you don't know what the hell you are doing, how in the hell do you strip a arp stud in a block anyway, it says hand tight, can't u read?

BTW your spelling is ridiculous....once is an accident twice is just dumb.... ITS TORQUE, and WARRANTY, of course you don't trust yourself building a motor. I wouldn't even trust you with my keyboard....

AND for $30,000 I can build quite a few engines. More then ford will replace.

quickdodge®
11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Thats personal opinion, i would rather have the GTR because the vette looks the same every damn year IMO.

I agree on the personal opinion. That's why I didn't ask if you were crazy or some dumb shit like that, lolol. And of course the Vette looks (basically) the same year after year. Why mess with what works? Lolol.

Plus there are like 3 vettes at my job, a GTR would drop a few jaws.

I've just never been a Skyline fanboi. Aside from it being a new car, I don't see the appeal.

Look back at the thread, I wasn't the one who said his GSR was at much to insure as his mustang..... But BTW i drop money into my hobby because im smart.... garage... no kiddy shit here

I was just responding to you saying that an Integra would be more on insurance than a Mustang. And smart about the garage, but, I was also referring to taking your car out. This is where most thefts take place. I would hate to have to worry about my car the entire time I was in a movie theater or in the mall shopping or doing whatever that takes me away from my car. You dig? Later, QD.

-EnVus-
11-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Go back to google. Acura RSX is the replacement for the Acura Integra in america. Oh wait thats just my common sense talking hmm

Seems like you would have said the RSX then cause its better looking and performing than any integra ever produced IMO. Guess ppl just don't care to steal it then huh

Jdm94Coupe
11-08-2011, 04:00 AM
I was just responding to you saying that an Integra would be more on insurance than a Mustang. And smart about the garage, but, I was also referring to taking your car out. This is where most thefts take place. I would hate to have to worry about my car the entire time I was in a movie theater or in the mall shopping or doing whatever that takes me away from my car. You dig? Later, QD.

I would never build a car without a dd to take out, hell my new eg doesn't even have locks..... its got sedan rear door handles on it for a cleaner look, lol

Sinfix_15
11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Well if yours was stock the shitty suspension, shitty engine, shitty tranny, list of wiring issues and shorts over time. Leaks Etc etc etc

Nothing about a 240sx is expensive or complicated to repair or replace. Nothing money eating about it. Cheap parts that are readily available... you know... theres a reason these cars are popular right???

Also, i dont want a new car. To me a new car is the worst investment you could ever make. If i really really really really wanted the 2012 mustang...... id wait 2 years and buy it.

Jdm94Coupe
11-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Seems like you would have said the RSX then cause its better looking and performing than any integra ever produced IMO. Guess ppl just don't care to steal it then huh

Your opinion flat out makes no sense. Looks are opinion based though. But performance......

0-60 times and quarter mile times stock

1997 Acura Integra Type R 6.5(0-60) 14.7(qtr mile)
2003 Acura RSX Type S 6.7(0-60) 15.1(qtr mile)

And how about the handling??? EVO magazine named the Integra Type R (DC2) the best handling front wheel drive car ever produced. This was done in 2006, well after your cute RSX was made.

"Indeed, in 2006, some six years after production of the original Integra Type-R had ceased, evo didn’t hesitate in including it in a test of 15 all-time front-wheel-drive greats, pitting it against the likes of the 205 GTI, Clio Williams, Clio Trophy and Mini GP. And after commending the Type-R for its ‘organic feedback’, ‘tremendous traction’, ‘miraculous’ grip levels and ‘searing pace and total involvement’, we named it the greatest front-wheel-drive performance car ever."

here's the full article.....

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/260035/birth_of_an_icon_honda_integra_typer.html

Dylan
11-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Everyone has their own opinions. My girlfriend has an integra and I have an rsx. I would choose my car any day, but I'm also not looking at every performance aspect. Just simply over quality visually and driver and passenger comfort.

silversol
11-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Thats personal opinion, i would rather have the GTR because the vette looks the same every damn year IMO. Plus there are like 3 vettes at my job, a GTR would drop a few jaws.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Jdm94Coupe/IMG_20111016_193714.jpg

You have no faith because you don't know how to build an engine. Look at the ls/vtec you fucked up! You have more faith in somebody else because you don't know what the hell you are doing, how in the hell do you strip a arp stud in a block anyway, it says hand tight, can't u read?

BTW your spelling is ridiculous....once is an accident twice is just dumb.... ITS TORQUE, and WARRANTY, of course you don't trust yourself building a motor. I wouldn't even trust you with my keyboard....

AND for $30,000 I can build quite a few engines. More then ford will replace.

Bwahahaha You really are a moron and talk like you know me. I have never built a ls/vtec. I built a gsr for boost 6 or 7 years ago and its still running to this day

I would trust a new car over an built car I dont care who built it even if jesus him self built it in his human form he was still human and makes mistakes. Also

silversol
11-12-2011, 06:27 PM

A vett you can beat on and they will still honor the warrenty unlike the gtr that has to have expensive mantainance after seeing a track.

lets see your gtr do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yKb6iSWc0k

Jdm94Coupe
11-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Bwahahaha You really are a moron and talk like you know me. I have never built a ls/vtec. I built a gsr for boost 6 or 7 years ago and its still running to this day

I would trust a new car over an built car I dont care who built it even if jesus him self built it in his human form he was still human and makes mistakes. Also

I don't know you. I know that you have no clue when it comes to engines, that's why u trust new cars so much. Watch the name calling btw, makes you look like a kid. Btw ur gsr for boost wasn't built. Keep your religious mombo jumbo out of this. Do u think aliens build new cars or something? New cars don't break? Lol wow u r a joke....

A vett you can beat on and they will still honor the warrenty unlike the gtr that has to have expensive mantainance after seeing a track.

lets see your gtr do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yKb6iSWc0k

Let's see your vette do this.... especially for $20,000 more then the gtr..... I'll take the gtr and keep the change left over from not buying the zr1. It is nasty though, don't get me wrong....

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=NMUf_FWyzhw

Sinfix_15
11-13-2011, 11:20 AM
GTR vs Zr1 is a fair argument, but i'd still take the vette even with the price factored in. The Skyline was legendary and always had an I6 and pretty unique look. The new GTR looks like a bloated 350z and switching the v6 completely ruined the historical significance of the car. 100 years from now, when we're all cruising around in electric cars that drive themselves, the ZR1 will still be cherished, not sure if i can say the same about this new GTR. It lacks all the class and sophistication that previous models had. Corvette is an icon.

silversol
11-14-2011, 12:56 AM
I don't know you. I know that you have no clue when it comes to engines, that's why u trust new cars so much. Watch the name calling btw, makes you look like a kid. Btw ur gsr for boost wasn't built. Keep your religious mombo jumbo out of this. Do u think aliens build new cars or something? New cars don't break? Lol wow u r a joke....

Let's see your vette do this.... especially for $20,000 more then the gtr..... I'll take the gtr and keep the change left over from not buying the zr1. It is nasty though, don't get me wrong....

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=NMUf_FWyzhw

Once again "MORON" You dont know me from adam you have no clue what was in my gsr that is still running to this day!

Yes I trust a robot that has built 100's of thousands of motors over some builder that has built a few. I trust a factory warrenty
over alot of fly by night shops that might not be open in a year or two. I know i could take my vett to any chevy dealer in the country
and wont get turned away becase they will want me to buy the next hot vett that comes out in a few years.

BY the way isnt this your build thread that started with a blown up "BUILT" motor? hmmmmm......
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?311950-D16-Mild-Build.-92-Civic-Cx

silversol
11-14-2011, 01:02 AM
GTR vs Zr1 is a fair argument, but i'd still take the vette even with the price factored in. The Skyline was legendary and always had an I6 and pretty unique look. The new GTR looks like a bloated 350z and switching the v6 completely ruined the historical significance of the car. 100 years from now, when we're all cruising around in electric cars that drive themselves, the ZR1 will still be cherished, not sure if i can say the same about this new GTR. It lacks all the class and sophistication that previous models had. Corvette is an icon.

Im sure in 15 years the resale will tell all. I would rather have a 15 year old zr1 over a 15 year old nissan
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/AC4SPEED/nissan037.jpg

-EnVus-
11-14-2011, 03:15 AM
The New Boss mustang is perfect it's power option with price tag is just right..."Perfection"

Sinfix_15
11-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Im sure in 15 years the resale will tell all. I would rather have a 15 year old zr1 over a 15 year old nissan
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/AC4SPEED/nissan037.jpg

one 15 year old nissan in particular has probably held its resale value better than any car in history, but i agree with you. Zr1 will hold its value until the end of time, its a special car.
http://nissentric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2002_nissan_skyline-pic-608471.jpeg

Jdm94Coupe
11-14-2011, 05:50 PM
one 15 year old nissan in particular has probably held its resale value better than any car in history, but i agree with you. Zr1 will hold its value until the end of time, its a special car.
http://nissentric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2002_nissan_skyline-pic-608471.jpeg

oh so beautiful..... but its not american like silversol loves so much.... so its trash... right?

Once again "MORON" You dont know me from adam you have no clue what was in my gsr that is still running to this day!

Yes I trust a robot that has built 100's of thousands of motors over some builder that has built a few. I trust a factory warrenty
over alot of fly by night shops that might not be open in a year or two. I know i could take my vett to any chevy dealer in the country
and wont get turned away becase they will want me to buy the next hot vett that comes out in a few years.

BY the way isnt this your build thread that started with a blown up "BUILT" motor? hmmmmm......
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?311950-D16-Mild-Build.-92-Civic-Cx

motor wasn't originally built by me. btw if calling me a "moron" makes you feel better, continue.

Jdm94Coupe
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM

a $80,000 v6 that keeps side by side to a $110,000 v8......and that runs RIGHT behind the lexus LFA ($400,000)in the 1/4mile.... im sure we thought we would forget about the r34 too right? The New GTR is a legend, like Tim Tebow <----- see what i did there!

im pretty sure we wont forget this gtr

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Jdm94Coupe/kw-automotive-nissan-gt-r-03.jpg

Jdm94Coupe
11-14-2011, 06:04 PM
The New Boss mustang is perfect it's power option with price tag is just right..."Perfection"

i agree.... i just think its kinda ugly though....

Sinfix_15
11-15-2011, 12:30 AM
a $80,000 v6 that keeps side by side to a $110,000 v8......and that runs RIGHT behind the lexus LFA ($400,000)in the 1/4mile.... im sure we thought we would forget about the r34 too right? The New GTR is a legend, like Tim Tebow <----- see what i did there!

im pretty sure we wont forget this gtr

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Jdm94Coupe/kw-automotive-nissan-gt-r-03.jpg

i just really hate that they americanized the GTR. its a Skyline........................................ with a v6................................

-EnVus-
11-15-2011, 12:38 AM
You see Hyundai is doing things like never before now offering the Trade in Guarantee program.

silversol
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
I dont have to worry about the feds knocking at my door over my vett, like r34 owners!

-EnVus-
11-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I dont have to worry about the feds knocking at my door over my vett, like r34 owners!
Nah but you do have to worry about them lifters knocking at the valve covers in the Vette lol