PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Quite disgusting

Genji-Sama
10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
So my '86 560sl has been parked in the garage for almost 2 months now, due to it having a little mechanical issue. Well I checked on it yesterday and found a growing problem, mold/mildew. IDK how the hell it got there the floorboard is completely dry so is the soft top, so I can't figure out how/why it started growing, but Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean this off of leather. I don't wanna take any hardcore chemicals to it ,cuz it's pretty old leather, so any other suggestions or should i just take it to be professionally cleaned. Will a professional even touch this?

for ur amusement:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302350_1892226177775_1005123102_32573280_140933719 _n.jpg

Scotsman
10-27-2011, 05:45 PM
you can buy stuff from home depot , i used to to water damage restoration for a living , as long as you thoughly clean it , (front and back) you should be good to go , but you also need to figure out where you are getting moisture in the car

Scotsman
10-27-2011, 05:46 PM
i suggest a mold cleaner , and a de-humidifier for your garage

Sinfix_15
10-29-2011, 08:55 PM
wow.... i cant imagine there being that much moisture in someones garage....... You would have been better off leaving it sitting out in the sun. any mold cleaner from the store will work, id clean up that nasty looking stuff then let the car sit in the hot sun for a week or 2

Dylan
11-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Use non-toxic degreaser to clean the upholstery, then finish it off with lexol or some other type of conditioner.

Genji-Sama
11-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Oh yah, i forgot i made this thread. Yeah, i used some mold killer i ordered from China, soap water, and some good ole fashion leather treatment. Looks better than new, kinda, but definitely much better than it does here. And yeah i bought a de-humidifier too :goodjob:

six7teen
11-09-2011, 12:04 AM
when i first saw the picture i thought this was a joke! I cant believe that much grew in two weeks! Glad you got it all fixed though :goodjob:.. any after pictures?

Cynical 1
11-09-2011, 10:21 AM
this just started a new trend...

we've had rusty hoods and rusty exteriors... now let's have a "molded out" interior...

seriously though - any antibacterial cleaner that is fabric safe should work. ZEP brand at Lowes works well.
this also is pretty common on german cars. my rabbits do that when i leave them sit for a couple months without some ventilation... something about german fabric and leather attracting mold, maybe the tanning metod???

Genji-Sama
11-10-2011, 02:58 PM
when i first saw the picture i thought this was a joke! I cant believe that much grew in two weeks! Glad you got it all fixed though :goodjob:.. any after pictures?

Nah, but i'll post some tomorrow