PDA

View Full Version : CD player Keeps blowing inline fuse.

Sunkenkarma
10-15-2011, 11:54 PM
So, Got me a vrcd500-sdu in my 95 DX, It took me a while but I finally got it working. It works great, the only trouble I am having is, once I get over a certain volume, it blows the inline fuse for the constant power. The CD player has 2 inline fuses, the constant and the ignition. The ignition does not have any problems as I know of, its just the constant that keeps blowing, as I said, it only happens above a certain volume. I have NO amp or Subs, I got some of the same inline fuses that it came with, and it blew them aswell. Do I need to go up in volts for the fuse or what? I am by no means a electric guy, so all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-EnVus-
10-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Do you know if this model civic has a Factory Amp ? Also it could be the radio shorting out while trying to pull more amps with higher Volume.

Sunkenkarma
10-16-2011, 12:22 AM
I dont know if the civic has a factory Amp, seeing as its the bottom of the line civic, I doubt it. Im not sure whats going on with it, the radio is nice and in great shape, plays perfect until high volume.

Cynical 1
10-16-2011, 09:21 AM
cd player itself is faulty. pulling too many amps and blowing the fuse.

if you tried a larger fuse, it will last longer, but likely fry the radio instead...

hope you kept the reciept.

Sunkenkarma
10-16-2011, 10:09 AM
The Radio is fine, we stuck it into my friend hatch, turned it all the way up, never had a problem, I tried changing to a bigger fuse for the radio under the dash, same effect, I think im going to buy some bigger inline fuses, just to see how that goes.

mikesEK
10-18-2011, 12:34 PM
speakers are distorting at full volume, causing internal amp in head unit to run warm/draw more current/blow fuse

(1) dont turn up so loud ((we dont wanna hear yer bullshit anyway))
(2)replace speakers
(3) determine if speakers are ok ((i bet not)) then buy amplifier