PDA

View Full Version : ls/v sputters with mild acceleration

VTEC~NO
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
First off its a 93 del sol with ls/v b18a block with b16 head, stock p61 ecu. Everything on car is stock besides header and short ram intake. My problem is my car sputters while barely accelerating but if I go about half throttle it runs fine. It never cuts off on me and it idles normal around 800. Just changed my plugs and wires, cap and rotor button and my timing is dead on. Today I calibrated my TPC and it was at .60 but I set it back to .49 at closed throttle and it was 4.55 at WOT. Still runs the same if not a lil bit worse. Not sure what to do next? Maybe one of you will have an answer for me. Thanks

1civic
10-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Sounds to be tune related, almost like its lean part throtle, or to rich... Wideband might help you in this case

Try cleaning injector's, fuel filter, low or high fuel pressure.. Number of things could be wrong!!

One thing I wouldnt trust a p61 on a ls/v

VTEC~NO
10-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Didn't try fuel filter cause it runs fine about quarter throttle or more. Everything in dizzy is brand new last week

1civic
10-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Didn't try fuel filter cause it runs fine about quarter throttle or more. Everything in dizzy is brand new last week

Somethings not adding up... Post a video if you can? Does it feel like a misfire, or is it just slow going?

Say you hold part throttle, will it clear up?

VTEC~NO
10-13-2011, 10:36 PM
I can hold it at whatever throttle while sitting there and it runs fine its when i go to move from a dead stop but if I give it more gas than you would say, more thaan daily driving then it drives fine. Only does it like 1/8 of throttle. What is wrong with p61?

VTEC~NO
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
And it does run rich. You can smell gas on plugs too

1civic
10-13-2011, 10:59 PM
And it does run rich. You can smell gas on plugs too

Simulate the problem, then kill the car and pull plugs... Must be driving!! Read the plugs, they will tell you more than you want to know...LOL

My guess is it's lean part throttle, could be low fuel pressure, weak pump, dirty injectors, fuel filter, etc... Run my test, and post a Pic of the plugs..
Since you have no wideband, it's your only shot...

1civic
10-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Very rare, but pump can lose voltage... Meaning lack of fuel, not very common on honda's, but most everyone has high hopes for a 10-15yr old fuel pump..

Not saying it's your problem, but something to keep in mind.. Could just be weak fuel pressure at part throttle.

VTEC~NO
10-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks for help. Will try what you said. Maybe I should just run it into a tree. Lol. Its not bad It runs great just annoying on takeoff thanks again for your help

1civic
10-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Hope the info is useful...