PDA

View Full Version : This is some Buuuuulshit.

Captain-Obvious™
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1067208_u-s-government-off-the-hook-for-crashed-ferrari-f50

Echonova
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry... But who cares? It's just a Ferrari.

Sucks that Obama won't pull out his stash and make it rain, but that thing is far from "totaled".

Captain-Obvious™
10-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I can't believe you don't think the men responsible should be held accountable no matter what kind of car it was, or whether it was totaled or not.

BanginJimmy
10-12-2011, 10:06 PM
I can't believe you don't think the men responsible should be held accountable no matter what kind of car it was, or whether it was totaled or not.

You are granted certain immunities when you work for the govt. If you are a cop and on the job, your insurance company isnt notified if you wreck a police car and you certainly arent responsible. In this case, the FBI agent was transfering the car as part of an ongoing investigation, therefore he is immune and the insurance company eats this one.

PTCDC5
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
bullshit has two l's. Regardless, I'm sure the guy was joyriding. However, if the law already has provision to exempt them from liability then there is no argument here.

alpine_aw11
10-13-2011, 12:18 AM
There's no legal way to prosecute this guy, but someone should junk punch him EXTREMELY hard.

Catnip
10-13-2011, 06:35 AM
but that thing is far from "totaled".

Do you have more pics of it?

I can only see the good side, but I can easily see how it's totaled. Blown tire in an already low car, hitting curb, then going off road... it's fucked.

David88vert
10-13-2011, 06:46 AM
The agent was breaking the law (failure to maintain lane). He should not be immune from prosecution for negligence. No other profession is.
The agent lied as to the cause of the wreck - again, breaking the law. He should not be immune from prosecution for an intentional lie.
Possession of the vehicle was in the FBI's hands, which means that they should be held responsible for any negligent action on the part of one of their employees, just like every other corporation in the US is.
This is a manipulation of the legal system to exempt one group from the law. It is not for the public good, and is no different that the government corruption that we see in other countries like China, who we publically condemn for thier corrupt policies.

Xrated O.G.
10-13-2011, 07:51 AM
The agent was breaking the law (failure to maintain lane). He should not be immune from prosecution for negligence. No other profession is.
The agent lied as to the cause of the wreck - again, breaking the law. He should not be immune from prosecution for an intentional lie.
Possession of the vehicle was in the FBI's hands, which means that they should be held responsible for any negligent action on the part of one of their employees, just like every other corporation in the US is.
This is a manipulation of the legal system to exempt one group from the law. It is not for the public good, and is no different that the government corruption that we see in other countries like China, who we publically condemn for thier corrupt policies.

:goodjob:

Echonova
10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Do you have more pics of it?

I can only see the good side, but I can easily see how it's totaled. Blown tire in an already low car, hitting curb, then going off road... it's fucked.http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Echonova3/090529001.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Echonova3/F-F50-2.jpg

BTW: I actually agree with everyone else... Just trying to stir the pot a little.

Brett
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
He must have been going pretty damn fast for that much damage.

Catnip
10-13-2011, 05:07 PM
He must have been going pretty damn fast for that much damage.

Because race car

Slow Motion
10-19-2011, 01:06 AM

Truth.

I guess the price has just jump $100k

six7teen
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Echonova3/F-F50-2.jpg

this is how the car should have been "relocated" the first time and this would have never been a problem.. i'd call it a joy ride for sure

green91
10-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Fun insurance math: 75% of $750,000 = At least $562,500 worth of damage was done to the car due to a "blown tire"..

ATL_EG
10-20-2011, 01:47 PM
this is how the car should have been "relocated" the first time and this would have never been a problem.. i'd call it a joy ride for sure

truth. the FBI doesnt have access to a tow truck? the car never should have been driven by an agent in the first place.