PDA

View Full Version : Congrats MATT...05dc5

stretch
10-08-2011, 10:14 AM
late night on the dyno last night, didnt get off til 3am but it was all worth it... congrats to Matt 05dc05 on making 300+ hp ALL MOTOR, car sounds great... shout out to chunky and moseley, u guys did an awesome job, keep up the hard work...

Dirty.Bird
10-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Seen this on facebook. Any vids? I hope to see it at the track for ISD!

stretch
10-08-2011, 11:05 AM
it will be at showdown im sure... as far as vids and dyno sheet let me ask him if he wants to post them or ill just let him do that.... but trust me, that machine is working

1civic
10-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Geeezzz, no one calls... I see how it is!!! :tongue1:

301hp is "A-ok" in my book...lol

Moseley
10-08-2011, 02:28 PM
thanks to midnight ATL for letting us borrow the dyno on short notice and hang out late.

The car was definitely working well last night. everything went smoothly so we couldn't have asked for a better dyno session.

Moseley
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Geeezzz, no one calls... I see how it is!!! :tongue1:

301hp is "A-ok" in my book...lol

301? shit it made that on the very first pull :taun:

stretch
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM
yall dont sleep on moseley, he does his thing behind the laptop, the guyy i a genius.............lol

and thanx for the guiness by he way....lmaoooo

stretch
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
301? shit it made that on the very first pull :taun:

yea it really did.... with chunky screaming ( ok my work here is done)...hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1civic
10-08-2011, 02:43 PM
The car was definitely working well last night. everything went smoothly so we couldn't have asked for a better dyno session.

I'm guess you didn't drive on the dyno? bahahaha....:crazy:

:cheers:

Moseley
10-08-2011, 03:03 PM
it's because you didn't strap it down this time... so it didn't try to jump off :goodjob:

justnprsh07
10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
well congrats.... now doesnt vteckidd owe some money????

stretch
10-08-2011, 08:04 PM

lmaooooooooooooooooo

Jdm94Coupe
10-08-2011, 08:33 PM
but is it fast?

1civic
10-08-2011, 08:58 PM
it's because you didn't strap it down this time... so it didn't try to jump off :goodjob:

Cheap ass straps.... bahahahaha, MORRIS IT'S YOUR FAULT!:lmfao:

05dc5s
10-08-2011, 09:27 PM
LMAO I didn't really expect this thread. Thanks for the Moseley hookup ;) and for being willing to make this happen on short notice and staying open so late. LOL I know at this point after working all day I am exhausted.

spank
10-08-2011, 09:33 PM
^^^ congrats man

h22 jones
10-08-2011, 09:50 PM
good job man.

stretch
10-08-2011, 11:14 PM
LMAO I didn't really expect this thread. Thanks for the Moseley hookup ;) and for being willing to make this happen on short notice and staying open so late. LOL I know at this point after working all day I am exhausted.

anytime Matt, its our job....lol..... now u see why we are called MIDNIGHT.....lmaoooooo

stretch
10-08-2011, 11:14 PM
but is it fast?

why dont u go find out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1civic
10-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Pics/video, or it didn't happen...:boobies:

boosted347
10-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Congrats man :goodjob:

Jdm94Coupe
10-09-2011, 05:55 AM
why dont u go find out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do I go?

91s13
10-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Where do I go?

kill forum and make a callout. i'm almost positive he will answer

91s13
10-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Congrats man. Very impressive:goodjob:

DarKStaR
10-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Very nice! What fuel is this on?

Jdm94Coupe
10-09-2011, 10:14 AM
kill forum and make a callout. i'm almost positive he will answer

Oh is that what he meant? I thought he was saying he was gonna run at the track, which is what I meant by is it fast, lol. But I will make a callout when I'm done with my new project.

stretch
10-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh is that what he meant? I thought he was saying he was gonna run at the track, which is what I meant by is it fast, lol. But I will make a callout when I'm done with my new project.

will ur car be finished by nov 12 for showdown? wwat r u building by the way

Jdm94Coupe
10-09-2011, 12:38 PM
will ur car be finished by nov 12 for showdown? wwat r u building by the way

If I press it, yea. But I ain't been on it like I should be.

Eg hatch, h2b

stretch
10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
If I press it, yea. But I ain't been on it like I should be.

Eg hatch, h2b

niceee.... well u better get on it then man. last event, gotta go out with a bang

1civic
10-09-2011, 01:35 PM
niceee.... well u better get on it then man. last event, gotta go out with a bang

Speaking of, did you get the tents and banners yet?? LOL

stretch
10-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Speaking of, did you get the tents and banners yet?? LOL

tents yes...banners no....lol.. shirts and stickers on order ..........LOL

Jdm94Coupe
10-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Yea it should be descent.

stretch
10-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Yea it should be descent.

well its wont be til its all together so chop chop....get errr done.....lol

Vteckidd
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM

if you were literate you would have understood that my bet was extremely fucking clear.

250whp B Series
280 whp H Series
300whp K series

ON MAINSTREAMS DYNO

No one has been able to prove where midnights dyno stacks up against the other dynos in the area, not to my satisfaction. Matt needs to go dyno at mainstream and see how close or more he dynoes to 300.

But if i said 300 on midnights dyno sometime (i honestly cant remember since no one has actually been able to challenge me in MONTHS) then show proof here and i will give him $100.

Congrats regardless matt for ACTUALLY backing up and achieving something, not just talking about it

1civic
10-11-2011, 02:07 PM
301 is what I heard so on the magic dyno it should hit 310 easy! Just sayin!

:crazy:

Vteckidd
10-11-2011, 02:32 PM
301 is what I heard so on the magic dyno it should hit 310 easy! Just sayin!

:crazy:

maybe not, may make less, may make more. Honestly IIRC this is only 3-4 hp over his last dyno from Balanced. Since its on 2 different dynos no one really KNOWS if there is a gain. Sure you can overlay the graphs in winpep, and im sure the overall powerband saw a gain or a positive improvement, but its just not apples to apples comparison.

Has ANYONE dynoed on both the same day or within 24hours?

Good numbers!

h22 jones
10-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Mainstreams dyno does nit read higher period. Im not saying there is anything wrong with stretches i really think there as close as it gets. If he hit 301 he might not hit 300hp the next day on stretches more or less mainstreams . Not saying that there is anything wrong with the motor or that it isnt what he says it is. Im just saying there are so many variables that come into play and to be able to make a statement like mike has you have to choose one dyno doesnt mean its the best just means its the one he is comfortable with since he is willing to pay the money.

05dc5s
10-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Who said it only made 301? :D

The previous best was 290.

DarKStaR
10-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Very nice! What fuel is this on?
soooo.....?

05dc5s
10-11-2011, 07:36 PM
soooo.....?

MS109

DarKStaR
10-11-2011, 07:50 PM
sweet, whats it make on pump if you dont mind sharing?

RL...
10-12-2011, 12:06 AM
300whp...is that on the k20 that these RSX's came with or is it a swapped motor? I don't know too much about hondas, it just seems like a lot to make on a n/a 4 cylinder. Or maybe this is really common with K20's I have no idea?

Jdm94Coupe
10-12-2011, 04:19 AM
300whp...is that on the k20 that these RSX's came with or is it a swapped motor? I don't know too much about hondas, it just seems like a lot to make on a n/a 4 cylinder. Or maybe this is really common with K20's I have no idea?

This is not the thread for these questions......

DarKStaR
10-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Its k24 bottom end, he has a build thread in the all motor section

This is not the thread for these questions......
And why isnt it. Someone made a thread saying he made over 300whp....that kind of leaves it wide open for any kind of questions.

Jdm94Coupe
10-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Its k24 bottom end, he has a build thread in the all motor section

And why isnt it. Someone made a thread saying he made over 300whp....that kind of leaves it wide open for any kind of questions.

Not really, he has no idea about these engines. He needs to read about these engines and swaps before asking very basic questions. But let me shut up, this isn't my thread.

boosted347
10-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Not really, he has no idea about these engines. He needs to read about these engines and swaps before asking very basic questions. But let me shut up, this isn't my thread.

:goodjob:

TeamFX_K24a4
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
ive always wanted to compare the 2 dynos with my setup also.. never had the chance... very interested in seeing results for dyno pulls on mainstreams dyno... i would be happy to send some funds to james to pay for a few pulls :)))

05dc5s
10-12-2011, 07:23 PM
If it wasn't for my work schedule I would have already had a comparison of all three dynos on the same day. My guess is that it will go something like this in terms of power Mainstream>Balanced>Midnight but I expect all to be relatively close.

h22 jones
10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
So this is a stock k20 ? wow Im selling ym h shit :)

I honestly have no idea on the dynos besides that there real close. I felt really good about whatn i made on stretches wuth the heat and i just dont beleive i would have made anymore that day any were else . It would be nice to do a comparison . I would say a closer to stock car would be better to compare with . Just less varaibles and stuff to go worng. Leaving my intake off takes away 14 hp with a stock car you wouldnbt have these problems.

05dc5s
10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Huh? Stock K20?

Regardless you should go K :D

h22 jones
10-12-2011, 10:13 PM
It was a joke from the post above lol.

Jdm94Coupe
10-13-2011, 04:50 AM

10-13-2011, 04:43 PM
If it wasn't for my work schedule I would have already had a comparison of all three dynos on the same day. My guess is that it will go something like this in terms of power Balanced>Midnight>Mainstreambut I expect all to be relatively close.

Fixed:)

Moseley
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Gregg you just had to say it LOL. well maybe there will be a proper test done soon. But until then I'll believe that mainstream reads higher than balanced, which reads similar to midnight.

Here is my car at mainstream (red) and balanced (blue). Definitely the same tune because the curves are identical. The car had different tires on it at balanced, so I acknowledge that as a variable... but 8whp is a lot and I've never heard of a car making +/- 8 whp from a change in tire
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/Moseley525/mainstreambalanced1.png

Here are the run conditions, 3% more humidity and 2 degrees hotter at balanced. overall that is not very different.
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/Moseley525/mainstreambalanced2.png

Please don't say that mainstream reads lower unless you have some evidence to back it up. If these results were within 3 or 4whp. I would say the dynos produce similar numbers. but the 5lb difference in torque all across the board is an indicator that the numbers are skewed. Plus... a stock K20 with cams doesn't usually make 165wtq on a dynojet. period.

1civic
10-13-2011, 06:20 PM
aw snap!!!! Magic dyno for the win!!

1civic
10-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Stretch and James, donate the dyno for a stock car to make 3 passes!!

We know Mainstream reads higher than Balance, so lets see how Midnight compares to Mainstream!!!

1civic
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Moseley make a Thread!! Post your comparison in the thread, But make title about the dyno's, and who's dyno reads the highest!!:goodjob:

10-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Moseley make a Thread!! Post your comparison in the thread, But make title about the dyno's, and who's dyno reads the highest!!:goodjob:

Yes moseley, make a DETAILED dyno comparison thread. And don't u dare leVel anything out. Anything! Including temps change between gwinnett and Dallas. And yes it has been plenty of times it was a 10 degree difference between gwinnett and Dallas. Btw Dallas is almost always colder with less humidity than gwinnett giving mainstream the "appearance" of reading higher than balance. Now midnight and mainstream will be the best comparison as they are on the same general area temps wise vs balance. Remember our $20 bet moseley that mainstream DOES NOT read the highest out of the three. Balanced has produced some high numbers in the past, so we will see:)

Moseley
10-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Stretch and James, donate the dyno for a stock car to make 3 passes!!

We know Mainstream reads higher than Balance, so lets see how Midnight compares to Mainstream!!!

I'd rather use a car that makes power between 200-300, FWD so the drum is spinning in the same direction as most of us are concerned about. the dynos might read differently on a RWD 150whp car compared to a FWD 200+ whp car

1civic
10-13-2011, 07:39 PM
I'd rather use a car that makes power between 200-300, FWD so the drum is spinning in the same direction as most of us are concerned about. the dynos might read differently on a RWD 150whp car compared to a FWD 200+ whp car

Makes sense... Go to Balance, then Midnight, then Mainstream!! Use your car N/A.....

I can't base any facts, but it seem'ed at the time I helped you at midnight that the dyno wasn't giving you anything.. Meaning Midnight is not gonna be the one to give up 5-10hp over the next..

Dyno day, yes it was hot!! But we all seen a loss that day, as much as 10hp...

Who know, someone step up and run the three dyno's in one day...:goodjob:

SPOOLIN
10-15-2011, 04:31 PM
what the fuck is the big deal. 300whp all motor K THESE DAYS is not a feat of amazing engineering.

I guess if you wanna dyno somewhere else and try to make sure you get the same or higher, you should eyeball the density altitude: current and projected.

05dc5s
10-15-2011, 04:50 PM
what the fuck is the big deal. 300whp all motor K THESE DAYS is not a feat of amazing engineering.

I guess if you wanna dyno somewhere else and try to make sure you get the same or higher, you should eyeball the density altitude: current and projected.

It's not that big of a deal. Not too dissimilar from a drag prepped turbo B series running high nines. Not really spectacular on a large scale but uncommon in Ga.

Free time will determine how soon I'll be able to test the car on other dynos. At this point I am happy with the car where it is sans a few small tweaks. In the mean time as often as I can drive it. :)

SPOOLIN
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
well im not down talking the setup. I think its awesome that you guys are doing that around here. I'm just stating my opinion for the fact of all these people bitching and moaning about dyno numbers and this dyno vs. that dyno. I plan to never touch a dyno again with my car unless there's a huge swing in compression but i have enough data to not have too.

DeeAOne
10-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Pretty cool man. :goodjob:

h22 jones
10-15-2011, 09:21 PM
well im not down talking the setup. I think its awesome that you guys are doing that around here. I'm just stating my opinion for the fact of all these people bitching and moaning about dyno numbers and this dyno vs. that dyno. I plan to never touch a dyno again with my car unless there's a huge swing in compression but i have enough data to not have too.

Yea i think he miss understood what you meant which was easy to do the way you worded it . The bitching about the dyno really has nothing to do with his car but the statement that mainstream has a magical dyno . Personally i could care less what a car makes on the dyno i can show you a 251hp graph on top of a 252hp graph with one making 20 more hp over the power band top number means nothing . On the other hand i would like to see this done just to see were everybody stands. The truth is if mainstreams doen read higher and it is proven they will increase there business by 20 percent because all these guys want that dyno number lmao.

05dc5s
10-15-2011, 09:45 PM

Well I can agree that it's not like I am anywhere near the first to be doing anything like this and that it's not incredulous to make 300 out of an N/A K.

At this point while I plan to enjoy the car I still believe there are things for us to learn on this car so it will make more trips to the dyno. I can imagine in your case you have taken it to the dyno so many times that you have little need to do that anymore. I would imagine that a majority of your tuning would be done at the strip?

Yea i think he miss understood what you meant which was easy to do the way you worded it . The bitching about the dyno really has nothing to do with his car but the statement that mainstream has a magical dyno . Personally i could care less what a car makes on the dyno i can show you a 251hp graph on top of a 252hp graph with one making 20 more hp over the power band top number means nothing . On the other hand i would like to see this done just to see were everybody stands. The truth is if mainstreams doen read higher and it is proven they will increase there business by 20 percent because all these guys want that dyno number lmao.

Perhaps I interpreted what he said wrong but idk.

As far as the differences in the dynos goes I would speculate that they all are going to be fairly close but in the order I previously stated. Depending on scheduling it's possible Twisted Loop Racing will make this test happen at some point but I don't think its too high on the priority list. Peak numbers are not the main purpose of a dyno session. They are the sprinkles at best. Like you're saying two cars can have similar numbers but one can have a much better curve. A good tq curve and peak numbers aren't everything though. As many of us know there is quite a lot more to making a car go quickly down the strip or around a track :cheers:

1civic
10-15-2011, 11:27 PM

Umm, you read to much on honda tech..

We are in GA, yes GA.. same state which has a bunch of slow HONDA's, yes includes you!!

No one here is pushing the limits, again includes you... Again I speak of Honda's...

300 cracks two records in GA, and we all know it made more!!

What is the highest WHP here? Hell what is the best ET or MPH in 1/4 by any HONDA here in GA...

Folks need to step up, again includes you and any other Boosted Honda!!

Set a standard to be followed!!

:thinking:

Any jo-blow can build a boosted motor, step to the N/A factory and see how it's sopose to be done!!

SPOOLIN
10-16-2011, 08:36 AM
i dont read to much honda-tech, i know the guys that build these engines elsewhere.

and this state is severely lacking in quality built race cars in our genre, and this is surprising being where we are. Don't wanna hear about economy because its been this way for a while.

1civic
10-16-2011, 09:55 AM
i dont read to much honda-tech, i know the guys that build these engines elsewhere.

and this state is severely lacking in quality built race cars in our genre, and this is surprising being where we are. Don't wanna hear about economy because its been this way for a while.

You're right, been that way for years.. Be nice for someone to step up next year, hell even threw the next couple of events... Guess we'll see

OnURleft
10-20-2011, 02:38 PM

Keep in mind there was some $xxx bets over a number that was achieved, just on a different dyno.
---

I thought it was kinda known that balanced has the best airflow around :yes:

Vteckidd
10-20-2011, 03:28 PM
in my experience

Mainstream> Balanced as far as numbers go. There was 1 INSTANCE where Balanced SUPPOSEDLY dynoed higher and that was when i did my first header test. my buddies c5 EG hatch supposedly made 191 at their dyno on a Friday night, and made 178 the next day at mainstream. I saw the 178, i NEVER SAW the 191 so he may have just said that or been making it up.

But any other time, Balanced has been a much harder dyno to make big numbers on. We used to get a ton of business from people just looking for 3 dyno pulls on our dyno because everyone knew that Mainstream usually displayed more.

I also believe mainstreams front roller which is the newer of the 2 reads significantly higher than the old setup. Ive never seen a STOCK B18C5 make 200whp nor a bolt on k20 make 240whp. But then again i have seen the Mainstream new dyno make normal numbers as well. so its anyones guess at this point.

spoolins run 9s, im sorry bobby in his class hes in the top % in the country. There are very few people running street shells in the 9s. Chip is running mid 11s NA and has been doing so for 5-6 years. I think youll find that wins almost any event in the country outside of southern cali or SOME up north races.

I dont buy this notion that GA is inept when it comes to the racing scene

1civic
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
man went 9.95 once in AL.. Never did he back that time up, he's got a 10sec car.. and looking at the trap speed that car dont make 800hp..lol.. and they win cause no one shows up!!
GA. is weak, and far behind any national avg when it comes to classes and track times..

im saying people need to step up!! yes that includes me, no excuses, just come run some times that "wow" people..

Vteckidd
10-20-2011, 06:24 PM
man went 9.95 once in AL.. Never did he back that time up, he's got a 10sec car.. and looking at the trap speed that car dont make 800hp..lol..

Sorry youre just dead wrong bobby and i mean that with all respect. I cant speak for matt at EVERY event, but i do not think hes EVER run at full boost. He usually was around the 600-700whp range when he ran even though he had more on tap. Simply because he doesnt need it. FYI theres been TONS of guys running 800-1000whp that ran 9s or low 10s in the past and no one ever complained about them.....

Matt has a legit 9 second car. Hes done it.

I find the irony in your statements hilarious. So lets get this straight. A guy actually runs a 9 and you say because he didnt back it up, its a 10 second car. But your entire camp is allowed to claim numbers you guys have never even made because you "think" you can.

I guess that just shows the hypocrisy in the different groups around here.

and they win cause no one shows up!!

Same can be said for the event you won with a 12.9. YOu only won because no one else showed up. But, a win is a win regardless. But i disagree about that. Ive seen matt win events with other cars there that could have won. Winning is winning.

GA. is weak, and far behind any national avg when it comes to classes and track times..

Again you are wrong IMO

Import Showdown Winners
Sept 11 OKC
Winner - John Tran - Raytown, MO - 95 Civic Hatch - 10.797 @ 153.88 mph

Aug 11 Ohio
Winner – Paul Armstrong – Logan, OH – 93’ Civic – 9.949 @ 150.18 mph

March 11 LA
Winner - Max Ramos - San Antonio, TX - Honda Civic - 9.660 @ 157.14 mph

Oct 11 Kansas City
Winner – Max Payne – Golden, CO – Honda Civic – 9.898 @ 122.18 mph

FEB 11 Gainesville FL
Winner - Cesar Olin - Jacksonville, FL - Honda Civic - 9.751 @ 149.68 mph

Tempe 11
Aaron Teague from Tempe, AZ takes the win running 9.904 @ 149.13mph

Oregon May 11
W: Reid Lunde, Kennewick, WA (’96 Civic) .433, 10.150, 159.71.

Stovers right there with all those people, and faster than some of them as well. and hes done it at some of the worst tracks around. Any track west or Arkansas or up north is prepped 100000 times better than here. He also hasnt won EVERY event. Theres been more than a few cars that have posted faster times than him and consistently won events, but hes RIGHT there.

YOure right NA wise, because its just not big down here. Most of the NA winners in the other parts of the country are 11.0-11.5 . I dont think that means the NA people here suck, it just means its not popular here. Just like Turbo cars in cali arent that popular.

im saying people need to step up!! yes that includes me, no excuses, just come run some times that "wow" people..

9 second streetable civic is pretty wow to me even though ive seen it before. I dont think matt has anything to prove to anyone. I mean him, josh green and that Jody guy all ran 10s in their street cars. Thats pretty impressive.

I dont think GA is way behind anyone. I think we peaked really early, and now its just dieing off.

1civic
10-20-2011, 07:23 PM
any big time racer has to back a time, its the rules of racing.. house of hook is the best track to see what his car could do..

any 10sec turbo car is moving and i give props.. but my point was i dont think he makes what he claims, mph just dont add up.. that car is much faster im sure, and maybe your right.. he may not care to change his style of driving or tuning, who knows.. ive watched videos and seen it, but even on the 9.95 it was breaking up..

again, im looking for folks to push the their personal best, not just settle for a win..

Vteckidd
10-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I've seen his car personally make 800+
I've seen his car personally make 700+

MATT has no reason to lie. He's the complete opposite of us, he doesn't need to shit talk LOL. I also know he decided years ago to learn his car on the much lower HP settings then going full tilt. Its hard keeping a 9 second car together when you have no sponsors.

I think you're mistaken, backing up a pass is for records not personal bests

Vteckidd
10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
His MPH is fine, there's guys running much faster with slower trap speeds and vice versa

boosted347
10-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Dont mean to come off as a dick bobby but since you can tell hp by trap speeds how much hp do i have i trap 126 mph in a 4k+ lb car lol...give the man credit he ran a 9 sec pass, there are not many other cars in the area that can do that

Moseley
10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
..how much hp do i have i trap 126 mph in a 4k+ lb car lol...

100 more hp than a vette that traps 126 of course!

David88vert
10-21-2011, 10:45 AM
1civic - how many times did you run that 12.9? If you only did it once, then I guess that you are saying that you have a 13 sec car, not a 12 sec car. That is - if what you stated above is correct.

boosted347
10-21-2011, 01:28 PM
100 more hp than a vette that traps 126 of course!

So how much hp does the vette have

Moseley
10-21-2011, 02:08 PM
So how much hp does the vette have

100 less than a civic that traps 126? :thinking:

:screwy:

Z0_o6
10-21-2011, 07:48 PM
LOL

boosted347
10-22-2011, 12:30 AM
100 less than a civic that traps 126? :thinking:

:screwy:
100% logic right there :goodjob: lol
I took my car out for the first time in a good minute and assaulted a "stage 2" audi a6 2.7tt, im not real sure what was done to it but the fucker sounded like it had dumptruck turbos, i didnt even downshift to 1st :lmfao: its running real strong in this pleasant 40 degree weather :ninja:

1civic
10-22-2011, 11:17 AM
1st day at the track... B16 6765 turbo, no boost controller, never dyno tuned... next week out went 10.3 "record holder in British Columbia"....:goodjob:

MORRIS TUNED!!!!! all over the globe...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5OmmSdXi0

josh green
10-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Haha, man did this guys thread go all to shit!
My car bested a 10.30@139 on 670whp @ 2485lbs with me in the car. My car came in hard and I was not scared to push it, but you will notice its has since been parted out... lol My setup was very forgiving with less than favorable launches, track conditions or driver error for that matter. I still had a lot to sort out in the 1st 1/8th and im sure it could have gone 9's at that power level. I would say matt's car is probably 100lbs lighter than mine, so you can do the math on the power level he has been running. No sense in killing the car on the big end when you dont have the short track where you want it. I just didnt listen to my own advice lol. My car pulled SO many G's and sucked SO hard it simply "ran out" of fuel on a pass and a little extra piston slap decided to join in, it still ran so I still raped it... THEN it went poof. Haha, my best pass was with a cylinder 25% leakdown.
In short. The big 72 has to be spot on going down the track, it lacks a thing called transient response!
To OP, your numbers are sick for all motor. Baffle that oil pan and make it an all around beast, on the track or the strip! The car is definitely sweet as well, just stick with Chunky and you will never get caught up in that gay hard parking car show bull shit the "enthusiast" do now. No sharpie hoods and chucky cheese table cloth head liners for this car.

jerseyef9
10-23-2011, 12:12 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ josh sir Idk what to say lol ....... You said everything and more..... Your car always has been one of my favorite and you are damn animal behind the wheel

josh green
10-23-2011, 12:22 AM
I just drive them like they were built for. I will have something back out at some point, I just had to step back. I had more than my share of blown motors from stupid things like corrupt maps in hondata to the stupid fuel thing. Next it was going to be grenading transmissions and I just didnt want to drop cash on a gear set. Its definitely and expensive hobby to do right, and the actual car is only about 1/2 the investment...

SPOOLIN
10-23-2011, 01:22 PM
haha i love Mikes analysis

05dc5s
10-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Haha, man did this guys thread go all to shit!
My car bested a 10.30@139 on 670whp @ 2485lbs with me in the car. My car came in hard and I was not scared to push it, but you will notice its has since been parted out... lol My setup was very forgiving with less than favorable launches, track conditions or driver error for that matter. I still had a lot to sort out in the 1st 1/8th and im sure it could have gone 9's at that power level. I would say matt's car is probably 100lbs lighter than mine, so you can do the math on the power level he has been running. No sense in killing the car on the big end when you dont have the short track where you want it. I just didnt listen to my own advice lol. My car pulled SO many G's and sucked SO hard it simply "ran out" of fuel on a pass and a little extra piston slap decided to join in, it still ran so I still raped it... THEN it went poof. Haha, my best pass was with a cylinder 25% leakdown.
In short. The big 72 has to be spot on going down the track, it lacks a thing called transient response!
To OP, your numbers are sick for all motor. Baffle that oil pan and make it an all around beast, on the track or the strip! The car is definitely sweet as well, just stick with Chunky and you will never get caught up in that gay hard parking car show bull shit the "enthusiast" do now. No sharpie hoods and chucky cheese table cloth head liners for this car.

:( and I had planned to get a chalkboard hood next lol.

The car already has a hytec oil pan baffle and I'll be doing chassis tuning this winter. It will be at showdown next month and I plan to have it on Road Atlanta sometime in 2012. The car is progressing slowly in the right direction as being a fun street car that can do well on the street, strip and track.

Thanks for the props I appreciate it :goodjob:

josh green
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Sweet man, just take your time on the progression, rushing things usually causes regrets later. Put some slicks on it for showdown im sure you'll drop half second, I think your current times would be competitive in the street tire class though. I will be there and would love to check out the car in person, its definitely a solid street car. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for motor cars, i missed them this year since we didnt go to fall nationals in NJ.