PDA

View Full Version : car wont start need help please

hondaman27
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I have a 94 prelude with h22a swap with a turbonetics kit. It ran fine until last night. I was hooking up my aem wideband and I turned the key to acc to see if it was hooked up correctly. The power and ground wire touched causing a spark and i heard a pop. The car already had a cheap autozone narrow band in it so i just reused the power and ground it had. I have checked every fuse under the hook and in the fuse box they are all good. I am getting fuel from the fuel rail and getting spark. Im thinking maybe its a relay but dont have an owners manual so not sure where to start or how to check them. please help!

1civic
10-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Your thinking it's a relay to what? Find the circuit that the wide-band it tapped into, more than likely that's your problem..

hondaman27
10-07-2011, 11:47 AM
the wide-band goes to the o2 in the exhaust and is getting power from the wires that powered the narrow-band. those wires go to a spot on the fuse panel the wires are just plugged in to a power and ground spot. reason i think relay is the pop sound. sounded like a fuse blowing.

1civic
10-07-2011, 11:57 AM
the wide-band goes to the o2 in the exhaust and is getting power from the wires that powered the narrow-band. those wires go to a spot on the fuse panel the wires are just plugged in to a power and ground spot. reason i think relay is the pop sound. sounded like a fuse blowing.

your right, back track... You ether connected a power to a ground and that was the cause, or the wire is shorted to ground some where... Go to the fuse panel and find where they tapped for the wideband.. Remove it from that circuit!!! Check that circuit the wideband power wire was on for any damage.. Check the fuse also!!