PDA

View Full Version : 2 Clutch Switches?

psycho_freke
10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
When I got my 1994 civic dx, it had an aftermarket cruise control on it. When I removed the aftermarket cruise, one of the clutch switches was attached to the harness that went to the cruise control unit, so when I pulled out the harness, I took out that switch assuming it was just for cruise. Now I'm a little confused. I was going to adjust my pedal and I realized that I am supposed to have two switches. I looked under the dash of my integra and saw that both of the two wire connectors were coming from the big wire loom right under where the cluster sits. On the civic, I'm only finding one of these two wire connectors. I think I'm missing something... I'm confused, can someone help direct me to where I'm supposed to hook this switch in, or did the dx only come equipped with one switch since it doesn't have cruise?

1civic
10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
No it's not need.. Bottom one is the safety neutral switch, top was Cruise..

psycho_freke
10-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Thought bottom was cruise and top was ignition safety switch. That's the way this one is wired anyway. Oh well, it's all adjusted and working right. That's what matters :)
Everything I do to this civic makes it feel a little more like the teg did.

1civic
10-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Thought bottom was cruise and top was ignition safety switch. 5sp

Test it if your un-sure!!

psycho_freke
10-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, I know the bottom one was the one that was plugged into the wiring harness on the aftermarket cruise they had in there. I also know everything has been working like it should since I removed it. That cruise had to go though. It was mounted on the transmission side of the bay and stuck out like a sore thumb. Dunno if we would've fit the teg motor in there with that in the way. I hardly use cruise anyway :)

Seems like you help me more than anyone and I really appreciate it man.
Only thing is, I keep running into this:

You must spread some
Reputation around before giving
it to 1civic again.

1civic
10-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, I know the bottom one was the one that was plugged into the wiring harness on the aftermarket cruise they had in there. I also know everything has been working like it should since I removed it. That cruise had to go though. It was mounted on the transmission side of the bay and stuck out like a sore thumb. Dunno if we would've fit the teg motor in there with that in the way. I hardly use cruise anyway :)

Seems like you help me more than anyone and I really appreciate it man.
Only thing is, I keep running into this:

You must spread some
Reputation around before giving
it to 1civic again.

LOL, It's all good..

h22 jones
10-06-2011, 08:52 PM
lol