PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Apple...

quickdodgeŽ
10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Dead today. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
10-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I wonder if his casket will be shaped like an Ipod ?

Bacon
10-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Saw that earlier. He was good people the one time I met him.

Browning151
10-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Whether you like Apple or not, he was an innovator and brought a lot of new ideas to the market and influenced personal technology in a huge way. RIP Steve, thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Relentless
10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
RIP

oreign
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Whether you like Apple or not, he was an innovator and brought a lot of new ideas to the market and influenced personal technology in a huge way. RIP Steve, thoughts go out to his family and friends.

couldn't have said it better.

RIP

RsonGt3's
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Rip genious

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Z0_o6
10-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Rip genious

el oh el

RsonGt3's
10-05-2011, 11:54 PM
el oh el

What's funny about it??

98blackcivic
10-06-2011, 01:29 AM
microsoft 1
apple 0

Skorcher
10-06-2011, 07:26 AM
I despise Apple and Steve Jobs as a person, but have to give respect where it is due. He was a brilliant business man, and had some pretty cool ideas. He practically stepped up the tech game single handedly.

Echonova
10-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Rip genious

el oh el

What's funny about it??

Sent from my PC36100 using TapatalkGenius*

But wow... Everyone knew he was sick, but I never expected him to die so soon. Condolences to his family.

RL...
10-06-2011, 07:40 AM
first "spartacus"...now jobs.....whos next ahhhhhhhhh the world is going to end 2012 I knew it OMFG

AnthonyF
10-06-2011, 08:15 AM
My girl and I were watching a special on him last night and on my way home she told me. R.I.P.

-Ant.

SLOWR/T
10-06-2011, 09:06 AM
iDead....... too early??

CSquared
10-06-2011, 09:59 AM
iDead....... too early??

I chuckled.

You know I send condolences to his family but I always have a hard time with people in the public eye. For example, 70 people got killed in a suicide bombing (maybe one of them could have been the next Steve Jobs type) but a celebrity dies and it always seems to come across as a more monumental tragedy. I don't mean to preach and I'm not necessarily pointing out anyone in this thread but it really does bug me.

Echonova
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree to an extent. I don't understand worshiping people that pretend to be other people (Hollywood), or the jock-sniffers that can recite every stat about their favorite team going back to 1968... But can't remember the date of their own wedding anniversary. But someone like Jobs, a captain of industry... Deserves recognition in my mind.

And yes if 70 people get killed and who's to say the next Steve Jobs was among them... Whose to say the next Hitler wasn't among them as well?

You cannot dwell on the never-was.

CSquared
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
And yes if 70 people get killed and who's to say the next Steve Jobs was among them... Whose to say the next Hitler wasn't among them as well?

You cannot dwell on the never-was.

But yet to some people Hitlers death was a tragedy (myself not included)... So really that's just a matter of perspective. The only reason I really included that part in the first place was for anyone who decided to go with the "they were nobodys living in a 3rd world country" argument because you really don't know who they were or what they were doing.

[3000gt20s]
10-06-2011, 03:11 PM
he was was also involved in the creation of all TOY STORY movies and ANTS and other computer animated movies..... guy was a genius.

quickdodgeŽ
10-06-2011, 09:41 PM
You know I send condolences to his family but I always have a hard time with people in the public eye. For example, 70 people got killed in a suicide bombing (maybe one of them could have been the next Steve Jobs type) but a celebrity dies and it always seems to come across as a more monumental tragedy. I don't mean to preach and I'm not necessarily pointing out anyone in this thread but it really does bug me.

I do agree with you. I don't understand what makes celebrity deaths worth more than your average person. A death is a death. If Jim Carrey died tomorrow, I wouldn't feel any worse for him that if Jon Doe down the street from me. Someone like Jobs, you know, I could see in a different light. But when you look at actors and entertainers, I don't know. Why is the death of them more "deserving" of a look back than would be mine? Later, QD.

RL...
10-06-2011, 10:47 PM
I do agree with you. I don't understand what makes celebrity deaths worth more than your average person. A death is a death. If Jim Carrey died tomorrow, I wouldn't feel any worse for him that if Jon Doe down the street from me. Someone like Jobs, you know, I could see in a different light. But when you look at actors and entertainers, I don't know. Why is the death of them more "deserving" of a look back than would be mine? Later, QD.

Its not that a celeberity's life is more important or that they are more deserving for public attention. The reason why many people get all emotional over famous peoples deaths are because it's someone that a large group of people can relate to, and the fact that millions of people have Steve Job's legacy in their possesion makes them feel like they can relate to him that much more. If they televise the death of say, me, than the VAST majority of people wouldn't be able to relate to my death because they obviously dont know me so "my death" would go 100% unnoticed.

quickdodgeŽ
10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Its not that a celeberity's life is more important or that they are more deserving for public attention. The reason why many people get all emotional over famous peoples deaths are because it's someone that a large group of people can relate to, and the fact that millions of people have Steve Job's legacy in their possesion makes them feel like they can relate to him that much more. If they televise the death of say, me, than the VAST majority of people wouldn't be able to relate to my death because they obviously dont know me so "my death" would go 100% unnoticed.

I don't relate to any celeb. Later, QD.

Brett
10-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah you do Mike, Like them you and I are legends around our parts!! LOL

Echonova
10-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah you do Mike, Like them you and I are legends around our parts!! LOLYeah, but you guys are legend only because your parts are so small.

BWhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahhahahaha

cactusEG
10-08-2011, 01:11 AM
IDK who the guy is. The only apple thing I own is an Ipod

Xrated O.G.
10-08-2011, 05:15 AM
IDK who the guy is. The only apple thing I own is an Ipod

:doh: