PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pilgrimage to the NC mountains...

ash7
10-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I drive up to Deal's Gap on an annual basis. This year i have been up there more than usual since i am getting accustomed to the RWD chassis and figured i'd post my final trip of the season as an open invitation.

* Dates: October 15th (5am) and 16th
* Where: From Columbus GA to Robbinsville, NC
* Distance: 260 miles + - (about 5 hours) to the hotel
* What to expect: An excellent driving experience and to flirt with the grip limitations of your vehicle

The reason i like to leave during the early morning hours on Saturday is simply because the final two hours of the drive (before the hotel) are hardcore mountain roads (not the type to push limits on at night). Leaving at 5 puts me there on those roads at 8am on a Saturday morning... minimal traffic.

The hotel i stay at (Microtel Suites) is reasonable, and well kept. I never worry about my car being messed with there. I'd expect to pay around 100$ per room for the night. Cram a couple people in there and that's 50$ per night! :goodjob:

Here's the route to plug into Google Maps:
A: Columbus, GA
B: Blairsville, GA
C: 111 Rodney Orr Byp, Robbinsville, NC

I've driven this several times and can guarantee one of the finest driving experiences in the Southeast. Shoot me a PM if you're interested so i know to wait up.

-jonathan

six7teen
10-06-2011, 01:38 AM
there are some AMAZING roads in blairsville :D.. man i wish i could go :(

03RCode
10-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I live about 6 miles from Blairsville. Be sure to hit Blood and Wolf Pen while you're there.

ash7
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I live about 6 miles from Blairsville. Be sure to hit Blood and Wolf Pen while you're there.

I rolled through on Blood Mountain for the first time last weekend, actually. :) Some parts of it were more interesting than Deals Gap!

-jonathan

justnprsh07
10-06-2011, 12:47 PM
wish i had a car worth going with but dont think mine is exactly setup for turning

ash7
10-06-2011, 01:21 PM
wish i had a car worth going with but dont think mine is exactly setup for turning

I bet the BMW would take it fairly well. This past time, i was playing catch-up to an old man in a Mercedes...

-jonathan

six7teen
10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
blood mountain is what is up! ive ridden through there twice now and cant wait to take the sol through

03RCode
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
blood mountain is what is up! ive ridden through there twice now and cant wait to take the sol through

The first turn going up Blood is less than 5 minutes from my back door. Be jealous. LOL

ash7
10-07-2011, 04:20 PM
The first turn going up Blood is less than 5 minutes from my back door. Be jealous. LOL

haha :) I'm not jealous - wouldn't want to drive on those roads every single day to and from wherever i'm going!

-jonathan