PDA

View Full Version : H22 sleeved block and crank, msd ignition

justnprsh07
10-04-2011, 08:45 PM
For sale!!! Everything is OBO!!!
Text for a faster response 7065877278

2 h22 crower pro rods $50each

H22a 88mm darton sleeved block. Needs line honed or line bored due to spun bearing $550
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Jmorgan_0909/photobucket-6868-1317768336990.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Jmorgan_0909/photobucket-6899-1317768336491.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Jmorgan_0909/photobucket-6845-1317768334240.jpg
H22 50mm crank stock, never been turned, in near perfect shape $200 or trade straight up for a 55mm crank in same condition "this crank is not the crank from the above block" text for more pics
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Jmorgan_0909/photobucket-6844-1317768335146.jpg
MSD SCI ignition box works like new just no need for three so im selling one $100
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Jmorgan_0909/photobucket-6842-1317768333381.jpg

big mac
10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Does the block have 50mm,mains? And its the current bore?

justnprsh07
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
50mm mains

justnprsh07
10-05-2011, 09:48 AM
and its never been line bored before so i dont think it will be a prob i just dont have time

jcs
10-05-2011, 06:27 PM
is it bad enough that oversized bearings are gonna need to be ran?

justnprsh07
10-06-2011, 05:29 AM
is it bad enough that oversized bearings are gonna need to be ran?

No.when u line bore it u still use std. Bearings.. You only use over size bearings when u turn the crank

jcs
10-07-2011, 02:56 PM
No.when u line bore it u still use std. Bearings.. You only use over size bearings when u turn the crank

Align Bore Crankshaft and Camshaft
There are three basic reasons for boring the main bearing and cam bearing bores in engine blocks. One is to restore worn, out-of-round or damaged bores. If an engine overheats or loses oil pressure, one or more bearings on the crankshaft or camshaft may seize and spin. The resulting damage to the bearing bore must then be repaired by either machining the hole to accept a standard sized bearing or an oversized bearing.

not only when you turn the crank....

h22 jones
10-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Align Bore Crankshaft and Camshaft
There are three basic reasons for boring the main bearing and cam bearing bores in engine blocks. One is to restore worn, out-of-round or damaged bores. If an engine overheats or loses oil pressure, one or more bearings on the crankshaft or camshaft may seize and spin. The resulting damage to the bearing bore must then be repaired by either machining the hole to accept a standard sized bearing or an oversized bearing.

not only when you turn the crank....

Now google and show me some were that sell over sized bearings for block end of a honda main bearing . Also show me a machine shop that will line bore a honda block for over sized bearings on the block side. Come on he has been as honest as can be if somebody wants the block pay 250 dollars and have it line bored for standar bearings its not complicated. What you posted has nothing to do with honda motors to start off with because they dont have cam bearings to run oversized. Now you have anybody that might would have wanted to buy his block confused as hell by typing stupid shit what the hell .
Justin i think big mac meant the size bore of the pistons man not asking about the line bore. Its bored to 88mm right now big mac.
not only when you turn the crank....[/QUOTE]

Joppa_Smoot
10-09-2011, 05:03 AM
oooooh...burned

jcs
10-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Now google and show me some were that sell over sized bearings for block end of a honda main bearing . Also show me a machine shop that will line bore a honda block for over sized bearings on the block side. Come on he has been as honest as can be if somebody wants the block pay 250 dollars and have it line bored for standar bearings its not complicated. What you posted has nothing to do with honda motors to start off with because they dont have cam bearings to run oversized. Now you have anybody that might would have wanted to buy his block confused as hell by typing stupid shit what the hell .
Justin i think big mac meant the size bore of the pistons man not asking about the line bore. Its bored to 88mm right now big mac.
not only when you turn the crank....[/QUOTE]

i was simply looking from my pov(consumer)..i simply looked to see if there was a possibility that oversized bearings might need to be ran..i dont see how i might have got everyone confused if so my bad..it was a really simple google search but on the other hand i looked all on google abt h22s spining a main bearing and have to line bore to a 98+ h22 55mm main specs.and using a 55mm main crank and bearings.so in all honesty i think there is two signs to the coin.not tryin to start a pissing contest,its just i was thinking abt purchasing it.but because you know everything abt what needs to be done ill let you guide these people that want it on what to do..

justnprsh07
10-11-2011, 08:22 AM
dont listen to ppl like this.... block is indeed an 88mm "sleeve" bore and mains are 50mm i talked to golded eagle and this block can easily be fixed for $250 with no problems or worries... only reason im not fixing it right now is bc i have 3 weeks to have car back together and already purchasing another block... Im not going to give it away simply bc its a simple fix and is done all the time. Nothing out of the ordinary. Ill keep the block for a backup before i let it go any cheaper. You can not even buy the sleeves for this price, not even to mention putting them in. If anyone want any real info about this pm me or even mike jones as he has seen it, and is the original builder of me purchasing this block, and its nemos old block. Block did not have any alignment, wear, cracks, leaking, or oiling issues. I tore this block up simply to me having tranny problems and i have some data logs of 12 and 13k revs wich broke the oil pump. Or even the fact of the hp range i was at and throwing nitrious on it didnt help the oil pump stay together either..