PDA

View Full Version : Cruise For Kids 2011

SandM
10-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Unfortunately, with some difficulties within the foundation this year, we will not be running the Cruise for Kids route. It will now be an informal "toy drive". If you would like to donate to CHOA through the Cruise for Kids charity, contact me and I will gladly accept donations we will drop off at the hospital. If I am unable to meet you, I will find one of our people who will be able to.

I apologize to everyone who had wanted to attend this year. We will be shooting for a full event next year and I apologize if I have let any of you down.

All we ask if you attend is a donation of one new, unwrapped toy. That's it!:goodjob:

We donate to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
www.choa.org
http://www.facebook.com/ChildrensHealthcareofAtlanta?ref=mf

Our Website
http://www.facebook.com/groups/105592232840915/#!/profile.php?id=100000470471194

Suggested Donations:
We need gifts for newborn patients all the way up to 21 years old. Recommended age labeling should be used as a guide. Here are some of our specific needs and ideas:

Infants and Toddlers
Rattles and squeeze toys, Crib Activity Center, musical crib mobile (no cloth) with bed rail clamp, music boxes, infant lullabies, Click'n Chatter Telephone, Baby Einstein DVD's and toys, Baby's First Blocks and Play Gym, nonbreakable infant crib mirrors that clip onto a rail, pop-up toys, plastic links to hang rattles on crib, plain "onesies" (clothing item), teething rings (no cloth), toys that light up or make noise, stuffed animals and puppets, infant swings, and Exersaucers.

Pre-School
Touch books, Baby Einstein Products, Play-Doh, Lego Duplo Blocks, Little Tykes toys, blowing bubbles, Little Kids "No Spills" Bubble Tumblers, Fisher Price play medical kit, cars and trucks, Brio trains, non-toxic paint/brushes, plastic cars and animals, Mr. Potato Head, Big Wheels, big dolls, coloring books and big crayons, and Fisher Price Peek-a-Blocks.

School Age
Magna Doodle, Monopoly Junior, Sorry, Connect Four, Guess Who, LIFE, Trouble, checkers, Legos, small trucks, coloring books and crayons, markers, construction paper, non-toxic paint/brushes, school scissors (blunt-tip), gluesticks, jewelry kits with beads, DVDs, action figures, hand-held games, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii games, battery run toys (please include batteries), "I Spy" books, Barbies, Spider Man, and Dora items.

Adolescents
Gift cards ($5) to popular stores (i.e. Walmart, Target, etc), Uno and playing cards, Jenga, Taboo, model kits, stationery, pen and pencil sets, plastic picture frames for decorating, wordsearch and crossword puzzle books, modeling clay, PG-13 DVDs, handheld games, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii games, journals, NERF footballs and other sport balls, and nail polish.

Info:

Date: December 11th, 2011

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2011, 08:24 AM
This is ASAP, right? Later, QD.

SandM
10-02-2011, 11:13 AM
This is the Cruise For Kids foundation with Goon Squad collaboration

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah, my apologies. I had the groups mixed up. Later, QD.

Bacon
10-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Mike, this is the one you couldn't make it out to last year due to having the flu so Kevin drank the mountain dew I bought you.

Ill be out again this year :goodjob:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

quickdodgeŽ
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Mike, this is the one you couldn't make it out to last year due to having the flu so Kevin drank the mountain dew I bought you.

Ill be out again this year :goodjob:

Yeah, lolol. I've been to this every year (2 years) except for last year, as you stated. Just got the two "clubs" promoting this mixed up. Later, QD.

Bacon
10-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Maybe we will see you there. :goodjob:

DSGB-GTS
10-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I will be there as I have been since the start of the event. This is my favorite meet of the year and I am glad to be part of it again. I am also glad we are going back to the dam route.

spank
10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
im in for this one

Bacon
10-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I may be on the bike. Doubt the car will be done by then.

SandM
10-11-2011, 07:45 PM
looking forward to seeing all of you out there!

CHADbee
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I will run it by the guys at the shop and see if we can bring some cars and toys out.

EG_Ryder
10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
So this is for cars too? Cause usually these are for just bikes

Echonova
10-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I am NOT following Collins again for the Dam route...

Lulz.

Bacon
10-11-2011, 08:24 PM

As far as I know, these have never been specifically for bikes as it's just a large gathering of us that take toys to the hospital.

I am NOT following Collins again for the Dam route...

Lulz.

Yeah last year was slightly disorganized.

*Token
10-13-2011, 11:12 AM
:goodjob:im there with a couple cars myself ill talk to some of the guys at the shop

quickdodgeŽ
10-13-2011, 05:45 PM

This has never been for bikes. Later, QD.

PrOjEk_EJ
10-15-2011, 10:40 AM
I will be there again this year

SandM
10-16-2011, 04:45 PM
bacon, we have had two disorganized years. last year, due to similar difficulties, we just cut most of the route out and it turned out rather dull. we are working on making sure we don't have less route/excessive speeds to catch up

SandM
11-26-2011, 11:14 PM
bump for a sad update