PDA

View Full Version : Misc ps3

Nismo
11-26-2005, 10:59 PM
I realize this was a stupid thing to post. This wasnt edited by a mod or anything, I just feel its an unproductive thread. Im sorry for wasting everyone who read this's time

5thgcelica
11-26-2005, 11:37 PM
:screwy:

EP3sAreFun
11-27-2005, 01:13 AM
I was at the video game store at the mall and was talking to the kid there and he said that the Ps3 was bought by nasa to run the space ship because the computer is so damn complex on it. Crazyness
please.... its like ppl that work at Toyota saying when the Supra coming out, or cell phone company saying how this super amazing phone is supposed to come out that no one's heard of

I truly hope you did not buy this story... you think our space orginazation would invest money into a video game console?... to run the space ship? how are they going to use it first of all? Plug and Play? Second... dont you think the engineers can come up with something a whole freaking lot better than a damn PS3 to run a space ship?

Brett
11-27-2005, 11:23 AM
To even post this is a waste of space, Like you REALLY think NASA has to use a Sony PS3 to run any kind of future space craft? And do you really think the PS3 will be that far advanced? C'Mon now..... The Space Shuttle has 3 main computers on board, All 3 are now WAY outdated ( 70's technology ) The average laptop has more power then all 3 combined, But The PS3 is not a amazing machine that will power anything but peoples games. NASA can come up with far more advanced shit then a PS3

EP3sAreFun
11-27-2005, 12:10 PM
To even post this is a waste of space, Like you REALLY think NASA has to use a Sony PS3 to run any kind of future space craft? And do you really think the PS3 will be that far advanced? C'Mon now..... The Space Shuttle has 3 main computers on board, All 3 are now WAY outdated ( 70's technology ) The average laptop has more power then all 3 combined, But The PS3 is not a amazing machine that will power anything but peoples games. NASA can come up with far more advanced shit then a PS3
word. +1

chrisdavis
11-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Chuck Norris needs to pay somebody a visit :D

Hulud
11-27-2005, 07:19 PM
I was at the video game store at the mall and was talking to the kid there and he said that the Ps3 was bought by nasa to run the space ship because the computer is so damn complex on it. Crazyness
please do us all a favor by removing yourself from the gene pool

Nismo
11-28-2005, 07:11 PM
remove "deez nutz"

Brett
11-28-2005, 07:36 PM
:lmfao:

Greddypacked
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Remeber people, puff puff pass!

B16a2 Civic
11-30-2005, 02:36 PM
when's it come out?

Brett
11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
^^ When NASA gets a few for thier Space Shuttle's :D

rolling_trip
11-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Chuck Norris needs to pay somebody a visit :D
:lmfao: :lmfao:

please do us all a favor by removing yourself from the gene pool
:lmfao: :lmfao: :goodjob:

remove "deez nutz"
:jerkit:

that is all :bigok:

B16a2 Civic
11-30-2005, 02:47 PM
^^ When NASA gets a few for thier Space Shuttle's :D

Today?

Spyder
12-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Its called an emotions chip.

Just so you all know there is a particular part of the PS3 that NASA is interested in, along with several other major companies.. AMD in particular. It is a chip that was origionally created to give games a better Artifical Intelligence. as it turns out it is capable of controlling alot more then just that.. it can run multipule processors and does the best job of directing task to processors of any chip to date. with the fact that chip manufactures are reaching the limitations of processor speeds "MHz" this chip allows them to have several of the same processors on a mother board and controll them all at once, similar to the concept of a dual processor mother board but instead it can divide up commands to many mnay more processors. in the PS3 it controls several low level processors in the new AMD machines it is controlling 9 (im pretty sure it is 9, i will have to see if i can find the article) 3.5ghz chips and running at 9 processes per cycle as opposed to the 1 a traditional IBM compatable machine operates at and 2 that a Macintosh operates at.. In other words it is opperating 9 times faster then the fastest chip in the world.

BTW Nismo, you had the right idea in your inital post, you just didnt have the fact to back it up... :)

Nismo
12-03-2005, 07:01 PM
OH OH OH, everyone else got deefucking nied!!! I expect +1's for this!

EP3sAreFun
12-03-2005, 07:11 PM
OH OH OH, everyone else got deefucking nied!!! I expect +1's for this!

you said they were putting PS3s in space ships.... no +1 for you

interesting about the computer chip. was the computer chip designed specificly for use in the PS3?

Nismo
12-03-2005, 11:19 PM
I didnt mean a specific console, I mean the technology used in it

Hulud
12-04-2005, 11:48 AM
you say that now, since you deleted your post

found your quote actually, and it says THE PS3 nothing about its technology

Nismo
12-04-2005, 03:55 PM
^ you pipe down!

Hulud
12-04-2005, 05:23 PM
just pointing out what you said

Spyder
12-05-2005, 01:53 PM
you said they were putting PS3s in space ships.... no +1 for you

interesting about the computer chip. was the computer chip designed specificly for use in the PS3?

Yes it was designed specifically for them because sony wanted to make the AI of games a hell of a lot smarter then it was so what they did is made this chip to control several lesser power processors.. old (slower)proccessors are really inexpensive to produce and can end up making alot better end product with really nice AI. when you apply the same chip that is made to controll lower end processors and put in some high end processors you end up with an amazingly fast machine. The concept has been there for years, but the race for faster processor speeds was on so noone was interested in multi processor technology. now that the speed cap of processors is upon us they are heading in the other direction.

For those that understand computers this is similar to a raid controller.. where the chip is the controller and the raid drives are CPU's instead of hard drives.

Btw, PS3 in space ftw... now that is product testing lol.

EP3sAreFun
12-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes it was designed specifically for them because sony wanted to make the AI of games a hell of a lot smarter then it was so what they did is made this chip to control several lesser power processors.. old (slower)proccessors are really inexpensive to produce and can end up making alot better end product with really nice AI. when you apply the same chip that is made to controll lower end processors and put in some high end processors you end up with an amazingly fast machine. The concept has been there for years, but the race for faster processor speeds was on so noone was interested in multi processor technology. now that the speed cap of processors is upon us they are heading in the other direction.

For those that understand computers this is similar to a raid controller.. where the chip is the controller and the raid drives are CPU's instead of hard drives.

Btw, PS3 in space ftw... now that is product testing lol.
really cool, thansk for the explanation +1