PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware!!!! Jf868849

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Ok so here's the story. I put a add on here looking for a gsr long block for my brothers car. Jf868849 wrote me and told me he had a jdm long block for 1k. After talking to him for a few days I ended up picking up the motor. He delivered it to my house which I paid him to do. The motor sat on a engine stand in my garage for a couple of months so my brother could get the funds to finish the swap. Well this past weekend I got the swap in and started to find out it was knocking. After finding this out I wrote the guy to tell him what was going on, all he had to say was that it was a good running motor.

Well now this guy is saying it's my fault. All I did was put the motor in the car. I didn't take it apart or anything. All I want is this guy to make things right like he said he would. When he brought me the motor he signed a bill of sale that he didn't read. The bill of sale stated that if anything was wrong with the motor that he would refund the money which he stated more then once while he was at my house. I didn't want to make this thread because he seemed to be a cool guy but I'm not taking the blame for the motor knocking. I guess my next step is to take him to court.

Scotsman
09-25-2011, 04:43 PM
kudos to you for having it in writing , hope he steps up

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 04:45 PM
He's turning into an ass really. I went to him really calm about it. All he keeps saying is it was good when he sold it. A motor doesn't go bad sitting on a engine stand.

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Because it took so long to get the motor in the car he is saying that he doesn't know what I could have done to the motor in that time. I have offered for him to come and look at the motor so he could see that I'm not lying. This is my brothers car and I feel like shit because I'm the one who told him to buy the motor from this guy.

Scotsman
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM
goin through the same shit , my lil bro bought a car from here , and its had its fair share of issues since he got it , atm its broke down in a publix parkin lot

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 05:08 PM
goin through the same shit , my lil bro bought a car from here , and its had its fair share of issues since he got it , atm its broke down in a publix parkin lot

Damn dude that sucks. I wish him the best of luck.

Scotsman
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
thanks man , the same to you , lol atm both our brothers are out a G

JF868849
09-25-2011, 05:24 PM
ok since u wanted to go and post a thread about it lets get the facts straight when i had that motor 4 to 6 months ago that motor didnt have a single problem i bought it to put in my car but other stuff came up and i didnt have the money at that time to buy a tranny. i drove the car it was pulled from the same day it was sold to me and your sitting here telling me the motor went bad or is knocking by just riding in the back of my hatch to your house? i dont believe so man. and at first u didnt come to my calm. you started off being a smartass and as i stated to you in the text that will not get you anywhere nor will this thread but anyways ive got the guy i bought the long block from here with me everyday hes my bestfriend for proof the motor was fine. as i told u the day i sold it to you thats why i had no problem signing the bill of sale because i knew the motor was fine i woudnt have signed it or told you it was good if i didnt know the condition of it. but do whatever you got to do or whatever you think u can do about it but as i stated to you in the text the motor was in good running shape the night i sold it to you 4 to 6 months ago now what you have done to it from then to know im not sure but when i sold it their wasnt a problem with it.

Bacon
09-25-2011, 05:44 PM
ok since u wanted to go and post a thread about it lets get the facts straight when i had that motor 4 to 6 months ago that motor didnt have a single problem i bought it to put in my car but other stuff came up and i didnt have the money at that time to buy a tranny. i drove the car it was pulled from the same day it was sold to me and your sitting here telling me the motor went bad or is knocking by just riding in the back of my hatch to your house? i dont believe so man. and at first u didnt come to my calm. you started off being a smartass and as i stated to you in the text that will not get you anywhere nor will this thread but anyways ive got the guy i bought the long block from here with me everyday hes my bestfriend for proof the motor was fine. as i told u the day i sold it to you thats why i had no problem signing the bill of sale because i knew the motor was fine i woudnt have signed it or told you it was good if i didnt know the condition of it. but do whatever you got to do or whatever you think u can do about it but as i stated to you in the text the motor was in good running shape the night i sold it to you 4 to 6 months ago now what you have done to it from then to know im not sure but when i sold it their wasnt a problem with it.

Reverting back to the bill of sale that you signed......you owe some money.

Scotsman
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Reverting back to the bill of sale that you signed......you owe some money..................yep

ej6kidd
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
got to put your feet in seller shoes though its been 5 to six months if i sold a motor and i knew it was good and buyer came back 6 months later i saying its knocking no i would not refund him. if i write a guaranteed motor bill of sale i only give 30 days for a refund if something goes bad. thats just my 2 cents.Now if he knew motor is bad he should be a man and refund that money or karma is a bi**h.

quickdodgeŽ
09-25-2011, 06:40 PM
got to put your feet in seller shoes though its been 5 to six months if i sold a motor and i knew it was good and buyer came back 6 months later i saying its knocking no i would not refund him.

if i write a guaranteed motor bill of sale i only give 30 days for a refund if something goes bad. thats just my 2 cents.Now if he knew motor is bad he should be a man and refund that money or karma is a bi**h.

Here is the problem with your reply. Since it wasn't mentioned, I'm assuming there is no time frame for refunds. So your "30 day warranty" is nothing in this situation because it seems there wasn't a specific time to check. Seems this is an open warranty. I don't know, though, so I can't officially say. Later, QD.

civicturbo10
09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
the problem i see is in the timing. even though he signed the document saying the motor is good, IMHO i think too much time has passed. For an item like this with a contract with that amount of money i would have stipulated 30 days tops. Over two months is way too much time to pass. To many things could happen on your end. Not that your not trust worthy it's just that no body is these days. When it comes to money, lol.
Are there exceptions to trust - there can be but that is another discussion. Take it too small claims court but i think the judge will throw it out due to it having a open ended time frame on item being in good mechanical shape overall.

True story, if you care to listen -
Purchase a used turbo kit. It's very complete and low mileage. Purchased for less than half new price and just a great deal overall. This is on another forum by the way. Seller has tons of feedback visible to all. it's 100% positive. Everything checks out. I purchase. Upon receiving i notice the exhaust manifold has a hairline crack in it and think nothing of it. I decide to resell 2 mo down the road. Items sells.
Customer complains like a little girl about manifold and misc bolt on turbo. Keep in mind i have 100% feedback with over 40+ transactions over many yrs (OG status). So, i go back to original seller and ask for assistance. And i offer to make person whole, while i'm working with original seller to help foot costs to complaining buyer. Original seller tells me - tell little girl to take it like a man - it used and nothing he can do and to stop complaining about minor issues. So i'm stuck footing the bill to make this guy whole. I accept return from buyer and resell. I make kit whole by adding new manifold, problem solved but out of pocket expenses.....

Should i have been made whole by original seller ? Morally yes. Legally - well i think too much time had passed. So i let him slide. Plus, i could have had the manifolded welded (worst case scenario if i used it). But i would have gotten a new one somewhere.

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
No time frame listed on bill of sale! It states that if the motor is not in good running condition he would refund the money. I have never in my life pulled apart a motor and why would it when this guy told me it was fine. He wrote me a text saying that he took the guys word that he got it from that it was good then later stated that he drove the car before it was pulled. He needs to make up his mind on what he is going to say. He can come look at the motor and see that it's the same way it was when he dropped it off. Why would I lie about this? It's not my car! I even said I would be cool with 500 back since the head is fine and I can get the bottom end rebuilt which I am currently talking to James about at mainstream.

Sinfix_15
09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Could be something simple. 5-6 months is a good amount of time for the motor to be sitting. The knocking could be a result of a dry start. I'd try running some transmission fluid thru it and see if a bearing got stuck or something.

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Could be something simple. 5-6 months is a good amount of time for the motor to be sitting. The knocking could be a result of a dry start. I'd try running some transmission fluid thru it and see if a bearing got stuck or something.

I wish it was that simple. The oil was drained, a new filter was put on along with new oil before the start up. The knock doesn't happen at idle but only when you give it some gas. It is a rod knock and it was that way when he sold it to me. The motor seemed to have way too much oil in it when I drained it (signs of someone trying to hid a rod knock) but I couldn't measure it while it was draining.

Jdm94Coupe
09-25-2011, 07:20 PM
how does he know you didnt put it in the next day and drive it for 6 months? and now are saying its knocking......... im not saying thats the case, but get real man think about it. why would a court make him pay you back money on a engine you bought half a year ago. WHO KNOWS what you did in that time.....

but i see both sides. its not gonna end up good i can tell, plus theres no telling what he did with the money by now. just too much time has passed man.... but you can try your luck in court if you are stuck on it.

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
It wasn't 6 months ago! I will get my money either way. I have another ia member that has a good name on here that saw the motor sitting waiting to go in last weekend because he bought the ls that was in the car I put that engine in. The car is still in my garage on jack stands and hasn't been started since the first start up.

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?315151-wtb-gsr-long-block&highlight=

Here is the thread that I posted looking for a motor which was in june. I've been out of school for a min but last time I checked june to sept is only 3 months.

Vteckidd
09-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Because it took so long to get the motor in the car he is saying that he doesn't know what I could have done to the motor in that time. I have offered for him to come and look at the motor so he could see that I'm not lying. This is my brothers car and I feel like shit because I'm the one who told him to buy the motor from this guy.
honeslty the bill of sale wont hold up. used parts are sold as is, if you had any reservations about buying a motor and needed it to be perfect you should have had it checked out by pulling the oil pan.

YOu can spend money taking him to court but you will lose.

He is absolutely right he cannot warranty a motor you have had for months because he doesnt know if you cranked it up without oil, redlined it , whatever. only he knows if hes a shady seller or not.

Its called BUYER BEWARE, you should have checked it out, you should have inspected it thoroughly

Vteckidd
09-25-2011, 08:16 PM
if it doesnt knock on idle, id be swapping the rod bearings ASAP , you could get another 50k out of it if it hasnt scarred the crank yet

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 08:29 PM
honeslty the bill of sale wont hold up. used parts are sold as is, if you had any reservations about buying a motor and needed it to be perfect you should have had it checked out by pulling the oil pan.

YOu can spend money taking him to court but you will lose.

He is absolutely right he cannot warranty a motor you have had for months because he doesnt know if you cranked it up without oil, redlined it , whatever. only he knows if hes a shady seller or not.

Its called BUYER BEWARE, you should have checked it out, you should have inspected it thoroughly

I understand what you and everyone is saying but as I stated before I will get my money back.

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 08:30 PM
if it doesnt knock on idle, id be swapping the rod bearings ASAP , you could get another 50k out of it if it hasnt scarred the crank yet

I'm trying to get a qoute on rebuilding it. I'm waiting on James.

Jdm94Coupe
09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
If he doesn't want to give it back, you won't win it in court. So let us know how u get it back, this will be interesting.

DarKStaR
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
heh this makes me giggle after buying a knocking ls motor from you(blown ss) a while back that was supposedly good also...

Scotsman
09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
oh shit............

Scotsman
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
do tell Joey

blown_ss
09-25-2011, 09:01 PM
heh this makes me giggle after buying a knocking ls motor from you(blown ss) a while back that was supposedly good also...

Sure did and I guess that's the same thing that happen here. I bought that motor from wreakenize or whatever and never used it and sold it to you. I didn't know the condition of that motor and I bought it like that. I think I had it for 2 days and ended up finding a whole swap.

DarKStaR
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Eh not much to tell, it was about 2 years ago. Bought a ls longblock, put it in next day, started up and sounded like the rod wanted to come out the block. No money back, so after that i learned not to trust mother fuckers. But karma is a bitch.

six7teen
09-25-2011, 09:48 PM
And the plot thickens.......

cm7k24
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM
prime reason i don't buy motors and trannys from people,

they all say "it was good when i pulled the motor out"
but good luck with that.

-EnVus-
09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
No time frame listed on bill of sale! It states that if the motor is not in good running condition he would refund the money. I have never in my life pulled apart a motor and why would it when this guy told me it was fine. He wrote me a text saying that he took the guys word that he got it from that it was good then later stated that he drove the car before it was pulled. He needs to make up his mind on what he is going to say. He can come look at the motor and see that it's the same way it was when he dropped it off. Why would I lie about this? It's not my car! I even said I would be cool with 500 back since the head is fine and I can get the bottom end rebuilt which I am currently talking to James about at mainstream.
I tell you one thing if i ever sell a engine id wanna be there when its installed to make damn sure myself it was installed and lubed correctly.
So many things can be done wrong on install or engine not broken in after sitting the way it should.
Once i see you drop it in and get ready for first test fire im standing right there with you.

Austin?
09-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Damn. It just got more interesting.
Subscribed!!!!

EmminoDaGreat
09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
This is why I leave all my engines in the cars, so you can drive / hear before it gets pulled, so there is no "if's" or variables.

Catnip
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
This is why I leave all my engines in the cars, so you can drive / hear before it gets pulled, so there is no "if's" or variables.

Probably the best way to go about it.

Did y'all pull the distributor connector and turn it over a good minute to prime the oil pump and what not?

EmminoDaGreat
09-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I pull ecu fuse, so that it wont over fuel it. For the first start up's , until the oil light goes of generally. But I also use so much assembly lube It would probably not make a difference

firby911
09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
quality thread

Tech5
09-26-2011, 02:10 AM
wow

Bacon
09-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Cliff notes:

~blown_ss buys motor from Jf868849
~Jf868849 says motor is good and signs BOS he never read
~blown_ss dicks around for a couple of months without doing any inspections on the motor
~time goes by
~puts motor in car only to find something in the bottom end wants out
~blown_ss has a fit of rage and decides to make a thread about his fuck up

Intermission:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMq7DtUE3oUDc744jRz62xPGJUM6FrJ X9pD3Yc7z2JvY9eLYpny4dTosMu

~karma shows itself and bites blown_ss in the ass

Good luck on however you plan to get the money back but the odds are stacked against you.

i4_garage
09-26-2011, 04:34 AM
blown_ss is a good guy. Sold him a motor once no problems

Jdm94Coupe
09-26-2011, 07:40 AM
blown_ss is a good guy. Sold him a motor once no problems

I'm not saying he is a bad guy........ BUT it doesn't make him a good guy if he bought something from you. It makes him a good guy if you purchased something of quality from him. Blown ls he sold makes him look like a bad seller......just saying.

B18c1Turboed
09-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Wow he did t refund for the LS motor but he wants a refund now? I guess the truth goes like this What goes around came around!

Vteckidd
09-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Lets stick to the issue, and the issue is he bought a used engine and at LEAST 3 months later wants his money back.

His laziness not to inspect the motor doesnt not mean he is entitled to anything. I dont understand why people who cant afford to buy a GOOD running motor from someone with a warranty, wont take the 20-30 minutes to pull an oil pan and check the bearings on a used motor. Then complain they somehow got screwed.

It sucks, but you just learned a tough lesson, dont trust any seller regardless. Bet you never make the same mistake again

chaseamundo
09-26-2011, 10:37 AM
I learned my lesson by just reading this.

SHAUNvX
09-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Ok first off the guy said that the guy he(another IA member) bought the longblock from said it was fine he never said anything about him driving it or it being his bestfriends longblock so now he is just changing his story and he stated that if the motor wasnt fine he would refund me my money but as we can all see he doesnt want to. The motor sat on a engine stand for 3 months thats it not 6 months like he is saying i have a BOS that proves that we bought it 3 months ago not 6.

SHAUNvX
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Im the brother and i was there the night he brought it.

Austin?
09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
It your word against him.
Reality IS you can not prove the seller lie about it. Yall should had it check out but you didnt so it on y'all now. If there is a poll vote I will def vote seller being right.

SHAUNvX
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
there was 5 other people there but 1 was his friend and the other his brother so they would side with him anyways but the other 3 was my brother, my mom and a friend that can tell anybody that what i have said and what my brother has said is true and hell some of what he said is true but he did not say he bought it from his friend or that he drove it he said he bought it from another IA member and that he never drove it but was going off what the guy said that he bought it from but he did seem like a cool guy and a trustworthy guy but i gues he not.

EmminoDaGreat
09-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Blown_ss always gets parts from me never have issues, if someone is questioning that...

Bacon
09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
there was 5 other people there but 1 was his friend and the other his brother so they would side with him anyways but the other 3 was my brother, my mom and a friend that can tell anybody that what i have said and what my brother has said is true and hell some of what he said is true but he did not say he bought it from his friend or that he drove it he said he bought it from another IA member and that he never drove it but was going off what the guy said that he bought it from but he did seem like a cool guy and a trustworthy guy but i gues he not.

Spelling isn't a problem but punctuation is key here. That's one very long run on sentence.

Bottom line, the buyer is out X amount of money and the seller can't be trusted.

JF868849
09-26-2011, 07:03 PM
You can keep posting on this thread all you want but I didn't lie about the motor and i told either you or your brother I can't remember which one that i drove the car it was pulled from please stop trying to make me look like a bad person on here because i have sold pleanty of stuff on here with no problems what so ever and i will state again as I dis the night u bought it and earlier in this thread 3 months ago when u bought the motor their wasn't a single problem with it at all!
I would man up if the motor was knocking when i sold it but it was not it was a good running motor and i just find it so hard to believe that it developed a knock riding in the back of my hatch to your house seems kinda weird ya know?
Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

quickdodgeŽ
09-26-2011, 07:08 PM
This is probably the end of it. To be honest, this will go nowhere. Neither of the two parties actually knows what happened. No one knows if JF sold you a bad engine just like no one knows if it got messed up in the install on your end. OP, I'm inclined to go with Mike and just say this is a loss in your corner. I don't know what going to court will do, even with the "bill of sale" you have. The main thing is that there is no dates on it. Don't know if that will go in your favor or not. This will just be a back and forth in this thread so there really isn't any reason to continue it. Later, QD.

Austin?
09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
^^^^^ I concur!

Theycall_Metue
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM
This is probably the end of it. To be honest, this will go nowhere. Neither of the two parties actually knows what happened. No one knows if JF sold you a bad engine just like no one knows if it got messed up in the install on your end. OP, I'm inclined to go with Mike and just say this is a loss in your corner.
this