PDA

View Full Version : Sports Philadelphia Phillies...

quickdodgeŽ
09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Is this team the next Atlanta Braves? With the Braves on their fourteen straight division championships through the nineties and early two thousands, the Phillies have now won their fifth straight division crown. Also, as the Braves made five trips to the World Series in those fourteen years (winning only one), the Phillies have made it to two in their current five year run (winning one so far). They seem to mirror the Braves as they have the pitching staff to hold offenses at bay, but have an average offensive staff themselves.

I hope the Bravos can pull something out of this, but I don't see them getting too far in the playoffs. Later, QD.

spank
09-18-2011, 11:31 AM
what the Braves did in the 90's and early 2000's can't be done by this Phillies team,the pitching staff is just as good or maybe a little better than the Braves but older.the Braves had the best pitching staff for about 10yrs in a row i don't see the Phillies doing that and with the Braves young pitching staff Braves is not far from being NL east champs again

quickdodgeŽ
09-18-2011, 11:42 AM
I agree with you, there, but what I was getting at, was those 14 pennants, while very cool, are kind of meaningless when you have nothing to show beyond that but 1 World Series championship. The Phillies have won their 5th straight, but really have nothing after that so far. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
10-07-2011, 10:11 PM
And again. Lolol. Later, QD.