PDA

View Full Version : How Obama will pay for the $447b Jobs plan...

.blank cd
09-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Definitely a step in the right direction, as long as he doesnt meet too much republican resistance

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904353504576566802250477510.html?p rint

Vteckidd
09-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Tax increases he knows Republicans wont go for?

More govt spending that doesn't work.

More of the same partisan politics q

Sinfix_15
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I heard Obama wanted to change the national anthem? any truth to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91WYiTGy0g0&feature=player_detailpage

.blank cd
09-13-2011, 11:35 AM
No. Not at all

bu villain
09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure how effective putting the bill on the "super congress" is going to be. I don't see why partisan politics would go away just because you have 12 congresspeople instead of 400+.

Vteckidd
09-13-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm not sure how effective putting the bill on the "super congress" is going to be. I don't see why partisan politics would go away just because you have 12 congresspeople instead of 400+.

honestly its all bitterly partisan and none of it is going to change anytime soon. I accuse both sides of political posturing. Its really gotten out of control.

Obama sits atop his high horse and lectures us about sacrifice, and putting country first. He went on vacation, and took 1 month to put out his "economic plan". 1 MONTH! Nothing has changed and actually the dow has gotten worse in that month. Then he comes back, gives this speech on jobs and demands congress pass it now. Why the urgency NOW, where was it a month ago?

The fact of the matter is his "plan" isnt a plan. Its a talking point. Extend the already existing payroll taxcuts, extend unemployment benefits, "invest" (IE SPEND) on infrastructure rebuilding that will go to politicians pockets and employ VERY few people if any, raise taxes to pay for it all.

So basically continue everything thats been going on the last 2 years.............oh and increase taxes on people that COULD hire. Thats nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, and frankly flat out political. How on earth anyone can think that continuing more of the policies that havent worked YET is going to magically change anything, and on top spend another 500 billion we DONT HAVE, is beyond me.

Obama needs to get serious about REAL targeted tax cuts as well as close the loop holes for corporations, republicans need to expect SOME closing of corporate tax holes need to be done.

They need to lower income taxes FOR 12 months to give people who own businesses a break, only if they agree to increase taxes back to existing rates or let bush tax cuts expire

BanginJimmy
09-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Obama needs to get serious about REAL targeted tax cuts as well as close the loop holes for corporations, republicans need to expect SOME closing of corporate tax holes need to be done.

I agree and I have seen several very senior and influential GOP say the same thing. Close the loopholes in exchange for a lower effective rate. I dont know all the details about the plan or remember who originally brought it up, but I do remember hearing that the plan was revenue positive and would really only affect larger corporations. Companies like GE, who didnt pay a penny in corporate taxes last year, are not to spend a TON of money to kill this though. These companies purchased a lot of congressmen for these loopholes and they will buy more of them to keep them.

As far as the rest of Obumbull's plan, been there, done that, got the pink slip to prove it.

Total_Blender
09-14-2011, 08:47 AM
They need to target the tax cuts toward making it easier for companies to hire instead of just making blanket cuts that aren't really tied to a particular result. Too much money is being hoarded at the top.

Of course, ending the 3 wars we're involved in and cutting military aid to places like Pakistan would be a great way to cut deficit spending and re-invest at home, but the GOP would shit a brick if anybody in Congress proposed that.

Vteckidd
09-14-2011, 10:40 AM
They need to target the tax cuts toward making it easier for companies to hire instead of just making blanket cuts that aren't really tied to a particular result. Too much money is being hoarded at the top.

Of course, ending the 3 wars we're involved in and cutting military aid to places like Pakistan would be a great way to cut deficit spending and re-invest at home, but the GOP would shit a brick if anybody in Congress proposed that.
i wouldnt, agree 100% with everything you just said.

We have no real objective in the wars anymore. I mean, whether you are for or against it is moot at this point because theres no changing it. We have no real objective anymore, i say pull out and just focus on keeping us safe and secure domestically. If we arent gaining anything from the overseas wars i think 9-10 years its just not worth it anymore. If the economy was booming, different story.

I think they should also target the tax cuts to actual job creators, not just multi millionaires. I mean the corporate jet industry i understand will hurt if they close that loop hole, but how many people does that employ versus other industries? Just like the GOP wants Obama to give some stuff up, they have to be willing to sacrifice some of those tax loops in favor of gaining something big elsewhere.

.blank cd
09-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Close the corporate jet loophole? You mean I'll have to fly on a plane with REGULAR HUMANS now???

Vteckidd
09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
the loophole is basically corporations can use depreciation on their jets they buy. I guess the easiest way to explain it is if you owe $2 million dollars in taxes , you can either pay those taxes, or buy an asset and use the depreciation.

So why not spend 2million on a jet

BanginJimmy
09-14-2011, 05:13 PM
the loophole is basically corporations can use depreciation on their jets they buy. I guess the easiest way to explain it is if you owe $2 million dollars in taxes , you can either pay those taxes, or buy an asset and use the depreciation.

So why not spend 2million on a jet

This isnt the issue at all. In fact, this is nothing more than a talking point that 99% of people dont understand. That lack of unerstanding is the point of the whole thing.

What Obama and all the other nitwits in DC are talking about is accelerated depreciation. The amount of depreciation doesnt change, just the time span in which to claim the deductions.

Vteckidd
09-14-2011, 10:03 PM
This isnt the issue at all. In fact, this is nothing more than a talking point that 99% of people dont understand. That lack of unerstanding is the point of the whole thing.

What Obama and all the other nitwits in DC are talking about is accelerated depreciation. The amount of depreciation doesnt change, just the time span in which to claim the deductions.

it allows them IIRC to claim the depreciation up front, unlike a normal asset, it takes time to depreciate.

My point is, in the scheme of things, its something to give up because its a very small piece of the economic puzzle. Close the deductions on jets, but give me a lower base income tax rate, or something.

BanginJimmy
09-15-2011, 01:11 PM
it allows them IIRC to claim the depreciation up front, unlike a normal asset, it takes time to depreciate.

It speeds up the depreciation. I believe it goes from 7 to 5 years.

My point is, in the scheme of things, its something to give up because its a very small piece of the economic puzzle. Close the deductions on jets, but give me a lower base income tax rate, or something.

I have no issue with changing back to the normal depreciation schedule. My problem with the way the idiot in the whore house portraying it. The total amount the govt brings on from these planes doesn't change. Even with the old rules the govt only brings in about 200m a year for the next 5 years. After that they don't get anything more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk