PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods will it hold air?

98blackcivic
09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
so...loooong crazy hazy story short...i hit a curb last yr in the rain in the dark no windsheild wipers.. blew my tire and "bent" my SI rim

it is a prelude SI rim for the 4th gen

now ive had 1 person tell me it WONT hold air...but i need more opinions...i kno this pic isnt that clear...but but there's not much more to it than what is displayed infront of you

will this wheel allow the tire to hold air?

http://i52.tinypic.com/287dikw.jpg

1civic
09-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Not ideal, And I say this only so you can get going, mount a tire and use a rubber mallet to hit the area if it leaks!! Or a 2x4 and regular hammer!!

Rim repair cost is about 75buks..

98blackcivic
09-09-2011, 12:00 PM
yea...i can also buy another Si rim for half of that price... and trash this one...

i did hit it with a rubber mallet and then a hammer...and i can say these rims are made from a tough composite cuz it didnt even budge...but did leave marks..as u can see...

thanks man

1civic
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, grab another rim... It may not even balance out, meaning it would shake the whole dang car going down the road!! LOL

DynamicSound
09-09-2011, 07:57 PM
If you want to bring it by, we can mount your tire on it and test if it will balance correctly and hold air for $10. That is the only way you will find out.