PDA

View Full Version : Bring your ID...

C22H19N3O4
11-25-2005, 09:51 PM
This (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-051125meth-story,1,7813790.story?coll=chi-news-hed) is futile. Like we don't have enough crap behind the counter. Who has time to check IDs for Sudafed? Consumers will have to provide personal info to buy decongestant pills..LoL. Those of you that don't know, some decongestant pills contain pseudoephedrine, which is used to make meth. So, it will probably take most of you about 30 minutes to purchase a decongestant. :lmfao: But, we all knew this was coming.

Hulud
11-25-2005, 11:23 PM
This (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-051125meth-story,1,7813790.story?coll=chi-news-hed) is futile. Like we don't have enough crap behind the counter. Who has time to check IDs for Sudafed? Consumers will have to provide personal info to buy decongestant pills..LoL. Those of you that don't know, some decongestant pills contain pseudoephedrine, which is used to make meth. So, it will probably take most of you about 30 minutes to purchase a decongestant. :lmfao: But, we all knew this was coming.
:werd:
i hate dealing with this shit at work
goddamn meth heads fucking everything up

NzProjeKt
11-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Its been like this for AWHILE now... CVS has been keeping them over the counter for the longest time..

tony
11-25-2005, 11:35 PM
man I found this out when I had to get nyquil.. I just stocked up on all my future meds right then and there. Is this really going to prevent anything?

C22H19N3O4
11-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Its been like this for AWHILE now... CVS has been keeping them over the counter for the longest time..

Some retailers have taken proactive measures but it is NOT mandated by federal law. There are many independent/community pharms that still have them on the floor. I know that most Publix employees received training on the customers buying meth supplies, but that was a decision made by Publix. Most chain retailers have or have started to move them off the floor but just to avoid the inevitable. We'll see the backlash when this law is enacted and customers have to start leaving private information of all sorts. Clinical Pharmacy is where it's at!!

C22H19N3O4
11-25-2005, 11:55 PM
man I found this out when I had to get nyquil.. I just stocked up on all my future meds right then and there. Is this really going to prevent anything?

In a brief reply.....no. There are daily limits but they'll just come back or go somewhere else. I bet I can buy it in bulk online. I believe Mexico has already enacted the law. It's going to cause headaches for who genuinely need it. Time is money in a pharmacy so we don't really have time to deal with checking IDs. BTW, I'm sure Pfizer won't be happy since their profits from Sudafed were up ~ 1,000% :lmfao:

HiPSI
11-26-2005, 10:43 AM
shit, they ask for ID for nearly everything these days. i had to show ID to buy some spraypaint and brake cleaner at WalMart :rolleyes:.

EX-Svic
11-26-2005, 10:58 AM
^^ tru and that sucks.......

EX-Svic
11-26-2005, 11:03 AM
one time i was asked to show ID just to purchase steering fluid and some fuel injector cleaner, i was surprised, i mean what else can i do with these besides put them on my ride, this shit happened at the walmart on windward, ..........Peace

On_Her_Face
11-26-2005, 11:23 AM
no the worest was when i was at kroger in Tennessee and i was buying 2 cans of whip cream and they asked me for ID. And being 17 they said no. later i found out that some kids were spraying out all the whip cream and sniffing the fumes that are left in it to get thim high. (or something along those lines)

Juicy
11-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Most places will only let you buy one decongestant at a time. I don't mind one bit getting ID'd to get spray paint or whatever. It takes 10 seconds at the most to pull out my ID and show it to them. Don't blame Wal-Mart or whatever company that ID's you...Blame the stupid people that are taking part in criminal behavior and blame America for letting the suing rampage continue since no one can take responsibility for their own fuck-ups...

Kevykev
11-27-2005, 10:59 AM
shit, they ask for ID for nearly everything these days. i had to show ID to buy some spraypaint and brake cleaner at WalMart :rolleyes:.

word! how 'bout it?

rollininstyle2004
11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
I had the same thing happen to me with the spray paint. I was buying masking tape, primer, paint, clearcoat, sandpaper, and a few other things. What else could I have been doing. I was only 16 at the time and they wouldnt sell it to me :rant: I mean i understand the laws are there to protect people, but that was kinda ridiculous