PDA

View Full Version : MPFI help

myyellowspec
09-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I just wrapped up my dpfi to mpfi swap on my 89 EE wagon. Everything was going great until I tried to start it:no:. I checked and re-checked my wiring and it all checks out. The car cranks and tries to start then sputters, backfires and dies quickly.

What I have questions about:

I used obd1 injector clips and I had to modify the injectors a little bit. Is the wiring reversed or anything like that? I know the colors are different compared to the obd0 ones.

The distributor is in unknown condition but there was very little shaft play

I am getting a CEL for a code #10 which is for the IAT (Intake Air Temp). I wouldn't think it would cause this but crazier things happened.

HELP ME FIX MY WAGON!!!!!!!!...please:cry:

:UPDATE:
I have fuel and spark, although the spark seems kind of weak. I checked my wiring again for posterity but if I'm getting fuel and spark the wiring should be correct right?...Right!?! I guess i'll try a different dizzy and see how that goes. Unless anyone has any suggestions.

EmminoDaGreat
09-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Did you wire in the resistor box? Or get saturated injectors? A bad Iat can make the car act an ass.

myyellowspec
09-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I have the resistor box wired and it is the one that came with the injectors so i'm assuming peak and hold. I need to just get off my ass and pull the rail, the fuel pump primes though.

myyellowspec
09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
nobody?

EmminoDaGreat
09-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Hard to diagnose wiring without a car, you can bring it by the shop next week if you like.

4wslude
09-02-2011, 07:02 PM
thats what i did with my car and they fixed it i was doing the same thing a duel pont to multipoint swap

myyellowspec
09-03-2011, 02:35 AM
It may come to that.

myyellowspec
09-07-2011, 03:29 AM
Update! I was an idiot and had the firing order messed up. The car runs like a champ. Thanks for all of the help!