PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Hilton Head Island

Tuan
08-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I haven't posted on importatlanta in a very long time, however, i need you guy's help. I've googled my butt off but haven't been able to out of there are pier fishing in Hilton Head. I was wondering if anyone has been there before that can give me some insight. Thanks ahead.

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Below is a list piers in Beaufort County, which is home to Hilton Head. Hope this gives you a starting point. HHI is great.

None of these, though, are piers jutting out into the ocean. Most of them (except the Huntington Island pier) are out into the Intercoastal Waterway which, if you don't know, is like a salt water river that flows up the Eastern seaboard of the US about a quarter-mile or so inland from the ocean. Later, QD.

Winbee Fishing Pier. At Dale, SC State Road 38 east from Highway US 21 to State Road 43 north at Dale. Turn right on dirt road, 1.5 miles. Beaufort County Public Works. Telephone (843) 846-3910. Small, isolated pier. Parking. No fee. Open year round.

Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park. Downtown Beaufort, SC City of Beaufort. Telephone (843) 525-7070. On Beaufort River and Intracoastal Waterway, 1,200 foot seawall. Parking. Handicapped access. Restrooms. Open year round.

Paradise Pier. At Hunting Island State Park. Highway US 21 east of Beaufort. SC Parks, Recreation and Tourism. Telephone (843) 838-2011. On Fripp Inlet, 1,020 feet. Parking. Fee. Open, varies.

Broad River Fishing Pier. West of Beaufort on State Highway 170. Beaufort County Public Works.
Telephone (843) 846-3910. On Broad River, 720 feet. Parking. No fee. Handicapped
access. Open year round.

Charles C . Haigh, Jr., Fishing Pier. Hilton Head Island, SC, Highway SC 278 at Pinckney Island. Beaufort County Public Works. Telephone (843) 846-3910. On Mckay Creek and Intracoastal Waterway. Parking. No fee. Open year round.

Daufuskie Island Dock and Float. On Daufuskie Island (accessible only by boat) southwest near New River. Beaufort County Public Works. Telephone (843) 846-3910. On Intracoastal Waterway and New River. Parking. No fee. Restrooms. Open year round.

Tuan
09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
As all ways you come to save the day. Thank , buddy!

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2011, 03:00 PM
No problem, man. Don't let the lack of ocean piers get you, though, HHI is still a real cool, laid back spot to go. Good luck. Later, QD.

spank
09-04-2011, 03:49 PM
the golf is great over there too