PDA

View Full Version : Tonight on Discovery

Boosted FC
08-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Anyone gonna be watching the new series "Rising - Rebuilding Ground Zero" tonight?

Echonova
08-25-2011, 11:51 AM
I've got it set to record on the DVR.

Brett
08-25-2011, 11:52 AM
What time is it going to be on? I want to record that

PlatanoPower
08-25-2011, 11:54 AM
They're not trying to build a mosque on it are they?

I think the land should be used to make a grand memorial park. I'd like to sit in a bench there one day and remember the first and only time I visited the towers.

Echonova
08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
They're not trying to build a mosque on it are they?

I think the land should be used to make a grand memorial park. I'd like to sit in a bench there one day and remember the first and only time I visited the towers.If I remember right, the "Ground Zero Mosque" they want to build is a block or two away in a building where one of the landing gear from the planes hit.

But there is a memorial area with a reflecting pool and benches for you to do just what you were talking about. http://www.911memorial.org/

I do like that they changed the name from the "Freedom Tower" to "The One World Trade Center" though...

Boosted FC
08-25-2011, 12:14 PM
What time is it going to be on? I want to record that

It is going to be on @ 8.

PlatanoPower
08-25-2011, 12:22 PM
I remember being in wood-shop class the morning of 9/11, working on a c02 car when the radio relayed the news.

I stopped sanding my c02 car and just wondered, "who the fuck would do such a thing".

Echonova
08-25-2011, 12:33 PM
I was getting ready for work (living in Tucson, AZ at the time) when the first plane hit I thought "that had to be one hell of a malfunction". When the second one hit I thought "Oh shit, we're at war".

It was eery the next couple of nights not to hear any planes flying overhead except military jets.

PlatanoPower
08-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I left school early that day with my sister and passed by the CDC, which was unusually busy with people LEAVING IN A HURRY.
I knew it was serious business when the second plane hit and reports of the other hi-jacked planes started coming in.

Needless to say 10 years have gone by and I still don't believe how bad we were caught by surprise. It makes me want to dismiss the official report and believe the naysayers. How could such atrocity be successful when we have institutions (CIA, FBI, etc...) that are meant to counter such plans.

Just the fact that the air force was conducting "war games, specifically a plane into building exercise" coincidentally that morning makes me feel uneasy about our big brother. What are the chances?

PlatanoPower
08-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll double post, either the government thinks we're stupid or they have the worst timing in all existent.

http://www.oilempire.us/oil-jpg/911wargames.gif

roxie911
08-25-2011, 01:09 PM
I was in 5th grade when everything went down. I had really no idea what was happening or what it meant cause I was so young. I kinda hate that too because it never really impacted me like it did everyone else and it still doesn't to this day.

I try to watch as many 9/11 shows as I can to kinda get an idea of what people were feeling that day and what it means to them now.

Brett
08-25-2011, 02:09 PM
On the news last night they showed the new fountains where the foot prints to the buildings are, they were testing them out to make sure they work to get ready for the official opening on 9/11 in a few weeks. They are the largest man made fountains in the country and are 50 feet deep. They were beautiful from what I saw on the news last night.

Boosted FC
08-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Can't wait to see this tonight.