PDA

View Full Version : Speedomter not working

suprapower
08-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Ok so a few days ago, the speedometer was not hooked up to the back of the panel so I hooked it on and now it works like it should. This morning, i get in the car to go to work and everything but the MPH reader works. I got home from work and checked the cable and the cable is fine and its hooked up. After a few minutes of driving it like that, the check engine light come on, but it turns off once you turn the car off, then comes back on again after a few more minutes of driving. Anybody know what it could possible be?? Any help is appreciated.

suprapower
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
The car is a 93 Integra btw if this helps

1civic
08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
It stored a code so check it..

suprapower
08-24-2011, 09:20 PM
but when i check it it doesnt show anything...it goes out when i turn the car on, but back on after a couple minutes of driving...

1civic
08-24-2011, 09:30 PM
but when i check it it doesnt show anything...it goes out when i turn the car on, but back on after a couple minutes of driving...

Don't turn it off, pull over and check it..

I got these in my EF back in the day, turned out to be an O2 sensor code..

suprapower
08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
thats what ive been hearing too, but will the paper clip still work w the car on? nvr tried it

suprapower
08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
ive heard o2 sensor too, but still dont get how my speedometer wouldnt work because of it

1civic
08-24-2011, 09:54 PM
ive heard o2 sensor too, but still dont get how my speedometer wouldnt work because of it

Speedo is a cable, not electric right?.. Replace the cable or tighten it, they seem to also pop out the tranny if the clip is not installed..

And yes it will run and still show you a code if the light its on.

Tech5
08-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Speedo is a cable, not electric right?.. Replace the cable or tighten it, they seem to also pop out the tranny if the clip is not installed..

And yes it will run and still show you a code if the light its on.

or take the cable off the gear and spin it by hand and have someone watch the speedo for movement , if it moves the gear is bad

1civic
08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
or take the cable off the gear and spin it by hand and have someone watch the speedo for movement , if it moves the gear is bad

I always hated them things...

suprapower
08-25-2011, 04:55 AM
Ok im gonna try checking the things you all.suggested..ill let yall know how it goes. Thanks guys!