PDA

View Full Version : obd1 b18b1 miss fire question

Theycall_Metue
08-22-2011, 09:56 PM
everything was running fine until i took the car to drag-strip.
before going to the strip, I used sea foam and sprayed it into the throttle body to clean the crap out but still ran fine on the way to the strip.
on the way home, it was miss firing or bog if you want to put it that way.

stock b18b1
pr4 ecu
walbro 255

--------------
i've replace the following items:
dizzy cap
dizzy rotor button
spark plug- ngk g-power, gap .044
spark plug wire - blue ngk

----------------

it can't be clog injectors because I'm back firing. I shot a big ass fire ball the other night.
clutch breaking, it'll back fire a good bit.
---- is it possible that an injector has carbon stuck on it leaving it stick open?

---------------

miss fire or bog only when cold starting and only when car has been running for a while, like 20miles+ and it comes and go randomly. also be doing it rapidly going 65 miles per hour+.
when it happens, the car or engine, which ever one you prefer, does either 2 things. jerks couple times than stops until next time comes around or the engine just stop reving up. like goes quite, like as if you disengaged the clutch
this shit has me stuck.
either its miss fire sparking or flooding 1 or 2 cylinder out randomly <-- stuck injector(s).
it'll fix the problem for a couple minute if I clutch and rev the motor up and down 2+ times.

94_teg_ls
08-22-2011, 10:09 PM
sounds like a stuck injector to me crank it up and find out

Theycall_Metue
08-22-2011, 10:20 PM
crank it up and find out? its my dd, i deliver pizza in this car hahaha

Theycall_Metue
08-22-2011, 10:22 PM
i've tried tons of things, can't find out whats the problem, don't know anyone around here to let me try their injectors out.

94_teg_ls
08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
just get a long screw driver place it on each injector put you ear on the handle end and listen for them opening and closing takes 2 mins max

Theycall_Metue
08-22-2011, 11:10 PM
i'll try that in the morning, thanks

1civic
08-23-2011, 11:44 AM
i'll try that in the morning, thanks

or unplug it.. Easiest way to find any misfire is unplugging the plug wire or injector..lol

94_teg_ls
08-23-2011, 12:07 PM
or unplug it.. Easiest way to find any misfire is unplugging the plug wire or injector..lol

those clips are a bitch if you dont have a pick or a small flat head

1civic
08-23-2011, 02:28 PM
those clips are a bitch if you dont have a pick or a small flat head

True, guess once you've done it so long it's easier...LOL

94_teg_ls
08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
yeah i just use my fingers unclip one side slightly pull on the plug then push the other side of the clip and that works most of the time

Tech5
08-23-2011, 06:02 PM
did you do the tune up after this issue started or before ???

Theycall_Metue
08-23-2011, 06:21 PM
i did the tune up after the problem.
i check the injectors before i left for work this morning, they are all working. clicking and such.
just got off work, im about to check fuel regulator, double check spark plugs, redo another compression test and try a different ecu.

im leaning more at its getting too much fuel.

1civic
08-23-2011, 06:28 PM
You said it comes and goes, SO i would check the wiring on the injector plug.. I've seen a poorly connected injector, butt-connector, splice in harness cause this..

Check the harness to be sure it hasn't been messed with..

Tech5
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
You said it comes and goes, SO i would check the wiring on the injector plug.. I've seen a poorly connected injector, butt-connector, splice in harness cause this..

Check the harness to be sure it hasn't been messed with..
this

sounds like it might be a bad dizzy though ? is the firing order correct?

Tech5
08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
another thing I have ran into is POS autozone caps I have seen so many that had such a small crack you can't see either around the bolt holes or the tips and you did a full tune up but has a similar issue . Install the old cap and see how it does .

slostang
08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Could also be a coil on its way out

big mac
08-23-2011, 09:48 PM
my h22 was doing that right before the coil pack went out

Tech5
08-23-2011, 11:31 PM
coil could be it for sure , as the temp outside is so hot these things are going out left an right. I have replaced about 10 in the past month .