PDA

View Full Version : Tree VLSD Transaction

Nex
08-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Alright here is the deal. I went to a second shop to get this damn thing installed. It supposed to be a VLSD for my 240sx. It turns out to be a /broken or/open diff only. Ive spent time and money wasted. I also wanted this guy to help me out on this situation professionally at a shop and anywhere. I also even offered him more gas money. Hes not a bad guy at all cause he answers my texts. But dude you sold me a open diff... This is not a VLSD although it says it on a cover. Not sure if you know anything at all about 240s at all or LSDS work. Anyhow i sent him pics... status blah blah. I've bought many things from here and have done lots of business with alot of pple. No problem at all until this one. You also admited that this diff was opened once before and i have the text msg to prove it... All i need is either a refund or the truth. Im nice enough to not even file a dispute unless i must. You sold this diff and decided to go with a welded diff? sounds kinda retarded if you ask me. Cause everyone knows a welded diff is not safe. Cmon bro you wanted me to work with you in the backyard when i specifically asked you i only wanted to work at any official shop only....

Tech5
08-19-2011, 07:11 AM
I know a lot of people that goes from a VLSD to welded diff . Welded diff is about ALL time traction vs one that will give , people that only wants to drift the welded seems to be the best option for the money .

sad I thought this problem was fixed , man I would have gave you your money back end of story sorry to hear about this again man !!!

It's been way to long with no solution I would get the mods in this .

Nex
08-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Just bad luck..

Theycall_Metue
08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Or here's a solution: you arrange a day for me and tree to put your vlsd in for you and if it doesn't work then you get refund and install your stock diff back in for free, but if it does work then you pay us what you were going to pay mahdavi to put it in.

what happen to this?

Nex
08-19-2011, 03:15 PM
The first post explained it? He wanted to backyard this.

Tech5
08-19-2011, 07:19 PM
what happen to this?

honestly I wouldn't trust some backyard kids working on my stuff , but that's me .

Theycall_Metue
08-20-2011, 04:18 AM
backyard or not, like all you said, you can vouch for him.

if it works, you pay him for labor or whatever. if its broken, money back or whatever situation your planning to do.

not everyone has a lift/shop, i back yard all my shit.

Tech5
08-20-2011, 10:42 AM
backyard or not, like all you said, you can vouch for him.

if it works, you pay him for labor or whatever. if its broken, money back or whatever situation your planning to do.

not everyone has a lift/shop, i back yard all my shit.
I am taking about a NONE mechanic kid doing work in the back yard meaning NOT A REAL MECHANIC . If they are not well known and or work at a shop I would not trust them to install anything on my car. But this is coming from a 15 years experience ASE mechanic , so I don't trust no one but myself .

So this guy sold him this part and tries to install it and locks/breaks the rear end and now he don't wont to refund the part or buy another rear end this guy NEX is screwed . get where I am coming from now ?

silversol
08-20-2011, 05:27 PM
honestly I wouldn't trust some backyard kids working on my stuff , but that's me .

X2 seeing all the hack jobs in the pics section, I would not let any of these monkey work on my car in there back yard. He cant get the guy to give him a simple refund, Im sure he will be there when his back yard hack job diff swap leaves him on the side of the road! This is why no one touches my car but me and since i have been injured, my best friend who Is asc sertified and i have worked with for over 12 years! Nex is not a hard guy to get along with i did his swap in his integra and was very easy to work with, I feel aslong as this has been tree is just avoiding the situation

silversol
08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
why has he not been banned or warned to fix this issue?

He wont be selling on here till this is resolved.

Nex
08-26-2011, 10:29 PM
This really isn't that hard to resolved.