PDA

View Full Version : Can you explain this?

98blackcivic
08-10-2011, 08:03 AM
1992 honda prelude si.
2.3l

got one check engine light for tps..replaced it but stillll have not calibrated it..lol
chinkylao WILL NOT RETURN ME MY VOLTMETER GRRRRR...:(

anyways so some days when i start my car, the CEL is not there...and i actually have to wait for it to come on for me to drive the car normally...if i try to drive it witout it coming on...it will hesistate and misfire like crazy...and as soon as the light comes on, it goes back to "normal"

car is obd1 and i was wondering if anyone can give me an insight on whats happening...

98blackcivic
08-11-2011, 01:19 PM
anyone?

98blackcivic
08-12-2011, 12:33 AM
lalalalala

Cynical 1
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
sure - the tps needs calibrated.

it goes into limp mode when the cel turns on, and ignores the tps...

jdmalltheway
08-12-2011, 01:18 PM
sure - the tps needs calibrated.

it goes into limp mode when the cel turns on, and ignores the tps...

I agree

98blackcivic
08-13-2011, 02:27 AM
I agree

guys..thats not what im talking bout....
theres IS NO limp mode....it will rev up normally but will jerk while driving @ 3K rpm suddenly and then stop and as soon AS THE LIGHT REAPPEARS..it will GO BACK TO NORMAL

so the ABSENSE of the CEL makes it missfire/hesitate/jerk
but the PRESENCE of the CEL makes it normal

dude chinkylao has my voltmeter and i cannnnnot get a response out of him for shit

Tech5
08-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I have replaced tps in hondas and never had to calibrate a single one . Sounds to me, you either have bad electrical issue , ecu, or the tps was put on wrong .You have to get the tps in right and clocked

98blackcivic
08-13-2011, 11:12 AM
I have replaced tps in hondas and never had to calibrate a single one . Sounds to me, you either have bad electrical issue , ecu, or the tps was put on wrong .You have to get the tps in right and clocked

well...it all started after a burnout...its the ONLY burnout i did in this car and i learned my lesson...
cuz as soon as i did it..CEL cuts on..this happened last yr

an then i just replaced the tps after checking my cel with a paperclip
it rear code 7
throttle angle sensor

i may have just put it on wrong but i cant see how i couldve messed up..it was very direct and straight forward....

Tech5
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
well...it all started after a burnout...its the ONLY burnout i did in this car and i learned my lesson...
cuz as soon as i did it..CEL cuts on..this happened last yr

an then i just replaced the tps after checking my cel with a paperclip
it rear code 7
throttle angle sensor

i may have just put it on wrong but i cant see how i couldve messed up..it was very direct and straight forward....

it has a spot that connects to the throttle and you have to clock it before bolting it down . SO YES you can install this wrong very easy !