PDA

View Full Version : my new toy...

chuck
04-03-2005, 12:08 PM
91 MR2
N/A Sunroof/no power options body = Stiffer/lighter
Swapped in 93 J-spec 3sgte with 62k miles (turbo motor stock 230hp)
Hks SSBOV
Custom Intercooler piping
3" exhaust
Ceramic bearing Ct26b turbo
Hks Turbo Timer
Walbro 255 fuel pump
TRD widebody kit + tom's airscoop

Widebody kit is in rough shape, certianly a project car...i've got a TON of work ahead.

uproot
04-03-2005, 12:40 PM
damn thats cool cant wait to see what its like when you're done

HiPSI
04-03-2005, 01:58 PM
wow, that's definitely the shittiest widebody installation i've ever seen... good luck fixing all that. hope you got a good deal considering the horrible shape of the bodywork ;)

chuck
04-03-2005, 02:41 PM
wow, that's definitely the shittiest widebody installation i've ever seen... good luck fixing all that. hope you got a good deal considering the horrible shape of the bodywork ;)
yeah its pretty shitty bodywork but the diamond in the rough is the engine.
and for the record, i just set that side skirt up there just to snap the picture...it's back off again, but yeah, the back fenders are awful.
because i am going to school for body work this is really what i was looking for in a car, i just want something that runs and is fun to drive that i can work on as i learn more in school and just ride the bike on nice days....i just think of it like a big homework assignment.
he was asking $2500 for the car (engine and turbo is worth $2000). i really wanted a project that would result in something other that just a stock car. I made him an offer he couldn't refuse on friday night then I left with a trailor to pick up the car in knoxville yesterday morning.

PhAtBoYMr2
04-03-2005, 05:03 PM
damn that car is going to be one money pit. But the work doesnt look all too bad, nothing some bondo cant fix. I was going to go widebody but none of the widebodies really are perfect and not many shops around here can pull the kit off for more the $4,000+ to make it fit right and look good.

but good luck, you wont regret buying it when your done with it. Youll prob buy another one.

chuck
04-03-2005, 05:27 PM
damn that car is going to be one money pit. But the work doesnt look all too bad, nothing some bondo cant fix. I was going to go widebody but none of the widebodies really are perfect and not many shops around here can pull the kit off for more the $4,000+ to make it fit right and look good.

but good luck, you wont regret buying it when your done with it. Youll prob buy another one.
yeah a time pit too...but yeah it needs a lot of fiberglass work, its just going to take a long time. but i'm still gonna drive it all over the place just like it is.

Mike Lowrey
04-04-2005, 11:57 AM
You have a lot of work ahead of you but, you will nurse her back to life. :)

Can't wait to see the progress!

iNsTuN nOoDoH
04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
yeah that car should look nice when it's done. I've always liked the widebody mr2's...

BufordŽ
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Should look pretty hot, when it's done. Nice find. I bet it's pretty fast.

flysi00
04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
damn man looks good. cant wait to see it done!

Bishop
04-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Nice chuck! You going to paint it up at Chris's when everything's fixed?

chuck
04-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Nice chuck! You going to paint it up at Chris's when everything's fixed?
i don't think so, i'll probably do most of this at school.

efman
04-06-2005, 02:26 PM
well its a nice project !