PDA

View Full Version : Fix my bike..

ro_roy
08-05-2011, 06:26 PM
U got this bike on a trade and I don't know much abt them, so if any of you could come check it out for fair prices I will be happy to pay, its hard for me to move it to a shop, its at my friends shop by the airport but he does not know much abt them either, only cars..
It has a new battery, but when we tried to start it its like the starter its not strong enoug to turn the engine, i've taken it off to make sure it works, I also took the side cover off to make sure the engine its not stuck, seems fine, I even tried bypassing the starter from the battery, no luck... Tried jump starting it and when we let go of the clutch the rear tire locks up and wont spin, its an 81 suzuki gs 650 with cardan, no chain,when its in neutral the tire does spin but im not sure theyre related to the engine not cranking up

If anyone its interested and have some time to check it out send me a text with prices 678/895/9438 thx

Bacon
08-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Does it even turn over?

ro_roy
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
It does, it actually comes on for like 30 sec if we push start it, I was told it doesnt stay on becuse the carns might need cleaning, kinda makes sense, but why it will not come on even if I bypass the starter? Starter is good, I took it off and changed the magnets because they were broken

Bacon
08-16-2011, 05:22 AM
The carbs could be dirty. Start with the basics; air, fuel, and spark.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

03RCode
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM
It does, it actually comes on for like 30 sec if we push start it, I was told it doesnt stay on becuse the carns might need cleaning, kinda makes sense, but why it will not come on even if I bypass the starter? Starter is good, I took it off and changed the magnets because they were broken

Give the carbs a good cleaning, check the float level, etc all first. New plugs, drain the tank and flush it out good then put in some good fresh gas, (Probably wouldn't hurt to do this with all the fluids), I'd do a compression/leakdown test while I was there, etc.

Just because the starter will turn without it being in the bike doesn't necessarily mean it's strong enough to turn over the motor. If the starter is weak it could explain it.

mushroom_toy
08-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Also battery might not be strong enough to turn the starter or starter solenoid could be fried. Get it starting reliably first then clean the carbs.

ro_roy
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Just because the starter will turn without it being in the bike doesn't necessarily mean it's strong enough to turn over the motor. If the starter is weak it could explain it.

is there a way to check if its strong enough?
i did changed oil, fuel, plugs

ro_roy
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Also battery might not be strong enough to turn the starter or starter solenoid could be fried. Get it starting reliably first then clean the carbs.

new battery, full charged, even if i bypas the solenoid it still does not turn the engine