PDA

View Full Version : The Varsity Meet................

CHADbee
08-05-2011, 08:44 AM
WARNING: THIS A RANT.

I have actively going to V meets for the past 7 years. Hardly ever miss a summer meet and make at least 6-7 a year. I'm not sure when this turned into a fuckin Young Jeezy music video but it is getting real old. Multiple times I was mid conversation with friends and physically had to stop talking to wait for the piece of shit donk to drive past me so the speakers in his front grill would not drown out us talking.

I don't know about you but I would rather see the ricers being stupid and the burnouts that this hoodrat shit. Parking there is already hard to come by yet I see these donk's park sideways so save spots and just to stunt(which is a bad habit).

This meet reminds me of this forum, too far gone to be saved. Which is sad, I have had so many good times with friends in that parking lot. I have laughed till I cried more times than I can count, seen so much "epic" shit, the LOLerDrama and so many amazing memories. I honestly think it has been killed.

Bring on the cool story bro comments and tell me how you have known the meet sucked for years because your are a car scene hipster :taun:

Echonova
08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I imagine the muscle car guys said much the same thing when the imports started showing up.

Why can't we all just get along?

RsonGt3's
08-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Everyones got their own thing going on this is a "free" country why not just ignore them I bet they feel the same way about us

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

silversol
08-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Stock ford crown vics and tarus are the shit with speakers in the grills! lol

Mr Egg Rollllll
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
I haven't been to a V meet in a long time because of the shenanigan's that I personally dislike. It's not worth the gas.

It sucks, but shit happens. :dunno:

David88vert
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
WARNING: THIS A RANT.

I have actively going to V meets for the past 7 years. Hardly ever miss a summer meet and make at least 6-7 a year. I'm not sure when this turned into a fuckin Young Jeezy music video but it is getting real old. Multiple times I was mid conversation with friends and physically had to stop talking to wait for the piece of shit donk to drive past me so the speakers in his front grill would not drown out us talking.

I don't know about you but I would rather see the ricers being stupid and the burnouts that this hoodrat shit. Parking there is already hard to come by yet I see these donk's park sideways so save spots and just to stunt(which is a bad habit).

This meet reminds me of this forum, too far gone to be saved. Which is sad, I have had so many good times with friends in that parking lot. I have laughed till I cried more times than I can count, seen so much "epic" shit, the LOLerDrama and so many amazing memories. I honestly think it has been killed.

Bring on the cool story bro comments and tell me how you have known the meet sucked for years because your are a car scene hipster :taun:

You're just jealous that you can't get 26"s on yo ride. Don't be hatin' just because you don't have the fund to get a 30 year old car, and can't afford the Maaco paint job.

Why you got to talk bad about my ride like dat? Sure, it has its flaws like the speaker wires laid over the top of the back seat, but those that are in da scene know dats how we roll!

Why you got to ackt like your special? All you did was buy a new car, and bolt on a big turbo. Anyone could do dat. Where are you going to use your billion hp? At the track? What's the point of going around a bunch of turns and ending up back where you started?

You keep your little matchbox car - I'll keep my ride that's so hot that I might get shot!

Oh yeah, and before I forget:

http://cdn.randomfunnypicture.com/wp2/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/cool-starry-bra.jpg

David88vert
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Stock ford crown vics and tarus are the shit with speakers in the grills! lol

You speak the truth, and live the dream!

JDMSHITZ
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
fuck american muscle and all yall donk cars yall are just a bunch of posers

thepolecat
08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
It is why I have really stopped going to most car meets. The fools come in and ruin it. so agree with ya.

firby911
08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Over the course of the two years ive been going,each month seems to get worse and worse. Yesterdays was horrible imo. Im trying to leave and a group of people thought it would be hilarous to run in front of my car,tell me my tire is flat then laugh there ass off when i check...wtf Not even worth it to take pictures due to the lacking nature of anything clean.

CHADbee
08-05-2011, 11:03 AM
I imagine the muscle car guys said much the same thing when the imports started showing up.

Why can't we all just get along?
It has always been an import meet, I don't mind the V8 guys being there and to be honest it is not about the type of car you drive/build it is about your behavior. I am sure not every one of the donk's have disrespectful douche bag owners but it seams like that is the majority.

Everyones got their own thing going on this is a "free" country why not just ignore them I bet they feel the same way about us

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I do ignore them, I am not about to go shoot somebody over it but it is annoying.

Over the course of the two years ive been going,each month seems to get worse and worse. Yesterdays was horrible imo. Im trying to leave and a group of people thought it would be hilarous to run in front of my car,tell me my tire is flat then laugh there ass off when i check...wtf Not even worth it to take pictures due to the lacking nature of anything clean.

This is the type of activity that I am seeing too. I saw somebody "hollering" at a guys girlfriend as he was walking through the parking lot with her. It has just gotten really out of hand.

Rsporty
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
It just sucks that an awesome opportunity to show your car and meet cool people is turning into an excuse for some to show they're ass and annoy people!
Not gonna be long, before fights start breaking out and, of course, lead to a shot being fired.
BUT, Atlanta IS the "Black Capitol of the South" and Donks are a part of the culture.
You really can't expect to have this big of an event, DOWNTOWN, and think that the locals aren't going to want to check it out.
Besides, like it or not, they're "car guys", just like the rest of us and weather you appreciate their rides or not, Donks are just another aspect of the "car culture".
I just hope that we can all learn to "mesh" together, like with the muscle cars, bikes and lifted or lowered trucks.

CHADbee
08-05-2011, 11:35 AM
It just sucks that an awesome opportunity to show your car and meet cool people is turning into an excuse for some to show they're ass and annoy people!
Not gonna be long, before fights start breaking out and, of course, lead to a shot being fired.
BUT, Atlanta IS the "Black Capitol of the South" and Donks are a part of the culture.
You really can't expect to have this big of an event, DOWNTOWN, and think that the locals aren't going to want to check it out.
Besides, like it or not, they're "car guys", just like the rest of us and weather you appreciate their rides or not, Donks are just another aspect of the "car culture".
I just hope that we can all learn to "mesh" together, like with the muscle cars, bikes and lifted or lowered trucks.

I mean, the donk style is not my thing but the donks are not my issue here....it is the stupidity that has came along with them.

It is, what it is though. It just makes me sad that the meet has turned out like it is. I used to really enjoy the V meets.

alex14
08-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I've been to near all of them for the past 2 years, but I quit going about 3 months ago, there are just too many people. you cant park, you cant hear, and you cant talk. bikes hitting the rev limiter, donks beating down the block and ricer kids doing burnouts.

I'll probably go back when it gets a little colder out. there is usually less people then.

MeFryRice
08-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Atlanta just sucks. Period.

MR2DR
08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
This is probably why I saw an audi/VW/bmw meet last night an exit or two down from the Varsity...

Black4DrEK
08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I mean, the donk style is not my thing but the donks are not my issue here....it is the stupidity that has came along with them.

It is, what it is though. It just makes me sad that the meet has turned out like it is. I used to really enjoy the V meets.

QFT!!!

But the whole.. " AYE, IS THAT YOUR BITCH!!!??? " was NOT called for.. I dont care how many folks they had, I would'a said, " YEA, YOU GOT A FUCKING PROBLEM!? " Some folks, just ignorant.

Its not a black, white, hispanic thing.. Its just Ignorant folks period, No matter the race..

JDMSHITZ
08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
donks are just making bad for us imports and im bout to really just stop going to the V meets period

Black4DrEK
08-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Like I said, Get there EARLY.. so the Donks dont have a spot.

Brett
08-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Where are you going to use your billion hp? At the track? What's the point of going around a bunch of turns and ending up back where you started?

OMG I about fell out of my chair on that comment!! HAHAHAHAHA

Brett
08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
they're "car guys", just like the rest of us and weather you appreciate their rides or not,

When did talk of the weather come into this?? Was it hot out???

98blackcivic
08-05-2011, 04:01 PM
the best part ive read on here is where the g uy said its not worth the gas...
yea.....

JDMSHITZ
08-05-2011, 05:40 PM
cool i will next month then....

quickdodge®
08-05-2011, 06:49 PM
It has always been an import meet,

I must correct you, here, sir. It started out as hotrods, real OG cars and muscle cars.

The people in these "donk" cars didn't start that, though. The import crowd has been doing this since before "donks" were even around. Later, QD.

Black4DrEK
08-05-2011, 06:55 PM
^^

Yup.. Its not just the DONK riders, that do this..

Its just you IMPORT guys, Notice them more.. because well they "seem" to not, fit in. The same goes for Jacked up trucks, ect..

Point blank is...... GET A SPOT EARLY. then you dont have to worry about it. If MOST of the import guys would get there early, and get the spots. There wouldnt be room for the DONKS to park... simple.

I feel ALOT of this talk, is coming from folks that, hmmmm.. dont like "black folks"

quickdodge®
08-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I feel ALOT of this talk, is coming from folks that, hmmmm.. dont like "black folks"

I hate racial undertones, to be honest. It always seems like someone has to bring race into any disagreement.

But I think "donks" are the most ridiculous looking form of automotive customizing out there. But even it falls under the huge customization umbrella, so it's all good.

And I don't hate black people. Ask my half black daughter. Later, QD.

.blank cd
08-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I must correct you, here, sir. It started out as hotrods, real OG cars and muscle cars.I must correct you here, good sir. While car meets have been a part of the varsity's history since its inception, the concept of meeting on the first thursday of every month started as a VW group idea

Carry on

quickdodge®
08-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I must correct you here, good sir. While car meets have been a part of the varsity's history since its inception, the concept of meeting on the first thursday of every month started as a VW group idea

Carry on

But I wasn't corrected. I didn't state Thursday meets. The concept period.

So YOU carry on, lolol. Later, QD.

.blank cd
08-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Carrying on....Lol

quickdodge®
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
^^^ To be honest, I would like to read about how it got started for real. No one can really narrow it down to any one certain "group." It would be kind of cool to see facts of Varsity meets. Later, QD.

Ziptied
08-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Nopi was a vw show as well, the 'import' scene killed it off for good. It was nice back in the day.

quickdodge®
08-05-2011, 08:40 PM
NOPI actually started off as a VW/off-road shop and had their shows with those cars along with lowriders, back in the early 90s. Later, QD.

David88vert
08-05-2011, 09:34 PM
NOPI actually started off as a VW/off-road shop and had their shows with those cars along with lowriders, back in the early 90s. Later, QD.

I was there, and you were too back then. It was more fun back then though.

CHADbee
08-05-2011, 09:45 PM
I always thought it was originally a VW meet...

It has nothing to do with the people driving the Donks being black, don't take it there. The dude I was bitching about on page one reving his Integra to shoot flames was white and I don't like him either.

I guess in my old age I am just getting less tolerant of stupidity so it is starting to get to me when 5-6 years ago I had no problem with it ~shrugs~

TattooedFish
08-06-2011, 12:27 AM
QFT!!!

But the whole.. " AYE, IS THAT YOUR BITCH!!!??? " was NOT called for.. I dont care how many folks they had, I would'a said, " YEA, YOU GOT A FUCKING PROBLEM!? " Some folks, just ignorant.

Its not a black, white, hispanic thing.. Its just Ignorant folks period, No matter the race..

This would Piss me off and probably get me shot if they had a gun, or in jail from giving a ass beating, you should be legally allowed the right to bitchslap someone with that much disrespect for someone else

-EnVus-
08-06-2011, 01:40 AM
I hear the Varsity is the New Projects just 1 more gun shot away from being sponsored by Flacka

Doppelgänger
08-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Hey Chad....at least you didn't have that "Butlerized" pile of shit Challenger parked next to you advertising giant ugly wheels to a demographic that can't afford them lol

Yeah, most of the shit associated with "donks" is fucking retarded...I hope the owner don't think anyone is impressed with their Radio Shack outdoor spearkers mounted in the grill...the only ones who are impressed are other retards with similar shitty "mods"...anyone with 1/4 of a brain just laughs at them.

quickdodge®
08-06-2011, 10:33 AM
.anyone with 1/4 of a brain just laughs at them.

I consider myself pretty smart and I don't laugh at them. Later, QD.

Wicho_ej6
08-06-2011, 10:44 AM
What pissed me off was that there was sum stock ass family cars / trucks taking up space and sum ppl just parked in front of other ppls car .

quickdodge®
08-06-2011, 11:04 AM
What pissed me off was that there was sum stock ass family cars / trucks taking up space and sum ppl just parked in front of other ppls car .

Got to remember that The Varsity parking lot used for these meets are NOT sanctioned to those meets. Technically, that is The Varsity's parking lot and is supposed to be solely for Varsity customers. So just as you guys meet there, so can anyone else. Later, QD.

Black4DrEK
08-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Yea that untuned pos teggy does that flame poppin like he is the shit....

2turbo4u
08-06-2011, 08:07 PM
QD made some very good points in this thread +10 not like you need it haha!

Theycall_Metue
08-06-2011, 10:49 PM
the past v-meet is going to be the last v-meet for me.
its nothing but cars on 30inch rims, crap load of bikes. some riced up cars. neons glowing.
its worse than the pleasant hill meets. no offense
I EVEN ASKED MYSELF...... WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE CIVICS? normally there is at least a billion civics there. nothing but like 3-4 between the time i got there, and the time i left from there. (2hrs)

-EnVus-
08-07-2011, 01:18 AM
You can tell it was a lame ass meet cause no Picture threads are posted LOL

Skorcher
08-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Getting there early to park doesn't help. I get there at 5, and more than once I've been blocked in when ready to leave by people double parking in the rows. Not just the donks doing that either. A z28 and an xb come to mind for doing it as well.

Mentioned it to one of the cops, they don't care as long as it doesn't impair the V employees from doing their job.

Black4DrEK
08-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Yea no pics posted up..lol

BUT.. last time EVERY person that was parked in the middle lanes.. GOT TOLD, TO MOVE. So thats not a problem anymore

Austin?
08-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Why not just find new spot and move the meet.

jcs
08-08-2011, 07:55 PM
^because i think it has a lot to do with the history that goes along with the "Varsity" and the meets.

i dont think it would be the same as movin it to the BP down the road.

even though alot of the things that are there get on my nerves,the only meets/events i make it to now is import showdown,avoiding it as much as possible.

MR2DR
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Why not just find new spot and move the meet.

I think that's precisely what some people are doing. It explains why I saw the euro meet the night of the Varisty meet a few exits down.

Echonova
08-08-2011, 09:49 PM
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/timeline.gif

CHADbee
08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
[IMG]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j4G]
ROFL!!!!! Hate you! LOLOL!

tnomud
08-09-2011, 01:05 AM
I went once..........never went again (and I am a gun guy too)

Rhys.
08-09-2011, 03:45 AM
ive gone a couple times... usually had a blast beutifull cars everywhere but the douchebags make it really annoying so i quit goin

Wal-Mart
08-09-2011, 07:31 AM
I can't believe any of you fucks have a single complaint of about The Varsity. That place is always so nice to let everyone show up, trash the lot, run potential customers off and even hire security to keep most people in check. If you have a problem with someone, walk somewhere else or move your shit. Bitching about parking? Get there a little fucking earlier. "Holding" a spot? Too fucking bad, I will run your fucking ass over as you donn't own the fucking lot. Don't like the meet? Go hang out with the losers at BP on Saturday night.

tnomud
08-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I can't believe any of you fucks have a single complaint of about The Varsity. That place is always so nice to let everyone show up, trash the lot, run potential customers off and even hire security to keep most people in check. If you have a problem with someone, walk somewhere else or move your shit. Bitching about parking? Get there a little fucking earlier. "Holding" a spot? Too fucking bad, I will run your fucking ass over as you donn't own the fucking lot. Don't like the meet? Go hang out with the losers at BP on Saturday night.

I don't think its the Varsity or car guys that most have an issue with. I think its the 9000 people that are there that more than likely arrived by Marta or Taxi and cause all the problems. To the best of my recollection, it's the these scumbags that seem to be causing all the problems. The 4-H club down here in Coweta County meets once a month. They pack thousands of people into a similar sized space. Amazingly, they have never once needed the SWAT team, had riots, or problems with fights.

Wal-Mart
08-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Oh you mean trashy people like the ones who bring their canned-ham sized babies to a fucking loud ass car meet, or the losers who bring their dogs and homlessfuckers that think it's an open invite to bag for money? Yeah, it's fun to make degrading comments at them when they walk by....most of the time they're too ignorant to even know a well-worded insult is aimed at them lol.

Elbow
08-10-2011, 08:55 AM
The 4-H club down here in Coweta County meets once a month. They pack thousands of people into a similar sized space. Amazingly, they have never once needed the SWAT team, had riots, or problems with fights.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

tnomud
08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Oh you mean trashy people like the ones who bring their canned-ham sized babies to a fucking loud ass car meet, or the losers who bring their dogs and homlessfuckers that think it's an open invite to bag for money? Yeah, it's fun to make degrading comments at them when they walk by....most of the time they're too ignorant to even know a well-worded insult is aimed at them lol.

I take my little dog to the Newnan meet............:yes:

tnomud
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I have actually been to Hells Angels functions..........and they have no problems :dunno:

Catnip
08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Pics of the DSM NOWWWWWW

Ziptied
08-10-2011, 09:52 PM
^ racist.

j/k

Catnip
08-10-2011, 09:59 PM
you're only saying that because I'm white.

Ziptied
08-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Damn yous!!!!

tnomud
08-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Pics of the DSM NOWWWWWW

mine?

tnomud
08-10-2011, 10:09 PM
^ racist.

j/k

Fail: when the up arrows point to a post on previous page:lmfao:

Ziptied
08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Fail: when the up arrows point to a post on previous page:lmfao:

That only happens when you use n00b settings.

Echonova
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
That only happens when you use n00b settings.Indeed. I'm only on page 2...

Ziptied
08-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Indeed. I'm only on page 2...

Ditto.

Catnip
08-10-2011, 10:59 PM
mine?

Yes, lol. I've got a 1g as well.

tnomud
08-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Yes, lol. I've got a 1g as well.

I'll post one up tomorrow. Its the usual bag of tricks (EVOIII motor, cams, FP super 16, 3"TB, FMIC, built Tranny, etc.). Putting new wheels on it next week. It's boring to look at, white, debadged, looks stock except FMIC and oil cooler).

Elbow
08-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Indeed. I'm only on page 2...

Poor Miater.

gottraction?
08-23-2011, 03:12 PM
i feel myself that the V meet is getting alittle to crowded. It wasnt as bad when i was on my R1. now ill drive the rx7 or conquest and its a bitch to park. I really dont care who shows up. your in a major city and its a free country. People are jackasses so you learn how to live with it or stay home.