PDA

View Full Version : no one knows why my car does this NEED SOME HELP!

Dachamp88
07-30-2011, 12:52 PM
i got a 95 civic automatic with a huge problem many mechanics i already been too cant figure out. When the car is heated up at its peak maybe 15 or 20 minutes of driving(not just starting it and let it sit) it will start to shake like a jack hammer inside of my car and my entire dashboard is shaking uncontrollably.... BUT! it only does this when im heading to a red light and stop then the shaking starts so i put it in N and it goes away instantly and when the lights green i put it in D4 and car goes off smooth like nothing. also does it in reverse not park or neutral. I got a new block for my car changed and checked the distributor and sensors but still nothing.
i really dont know what it is but if you have any info hit me up at my number 404 957 7854 i wanna sell this car but not fcked up to someone its the only problem it has this is a good clean civic new paint ill appreciate your time thanks

Srt
07-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Motor mounts okay? Engine knocking/funny noises?

Eg4LiFe
07-30-2011, 11:14 PM
maybe transmission?

Scotsman
07-30-2011, 11:16 PM
id check your motor mounts

Tech5
07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
mounts first , then next I would be looking into seeing if the torque convertor is installed correctly . If it was installed wrong then there is potential trannys issues from doing so.

Cynical 1
07-31-2011, 12:05 PM
torque converter not disengaging from overdrive/lockup.

common problem in a lot of cars. it means the torque converter needs replaced, as it has failed internally.

i'm sure there is a test procedure in the factory service manual on testing and verifying this, but i'd put money on it.

Black4DrEK
07-31-2011, 12:14 PM
My auto hatch does the same thing. Some times.. Maybe not as bad. Almost like a misfire. Hmm.. Hope you figure it out. I dont care, only because Im swapping my engine out asap.

2jdm4u
07-31-2011, 04:36 PM
check your torque convertor and the tranny sensors

98blackcivic
08-02-2011, 07:10 PM
it is ur tq converter..i work at a shop and we have a civic hybrid that does that when u take off from a stop...

turbob20
08-03-2011, 02:08 AM
torque converter turbines can come unwelded and causes it to not want to down shift properly or maybe you could take out those 2 shift solenoids on top that look like vtec and clean em and see if theres too much or not enoygh fluid running warm in park on level ground. mine had too much one time drain out access and no more shutter when coming to stop.