PDA

View Full Version : another knock sensor question

pacocrix
07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
gsr in 95ej1.....ok, motor is cool but throwing knock sensor

right now im running no cat an hav a test pipe on (just cuz it fit at time of swap and havnt changed it yet) by the extra loss of back pressure and what other bads there are by not having the cat on, could this create some feedback an or bad vibrations and set off the knock sensor??

i know i need to put that cat on an find out, was just curious to see if this is possable. anyone whos changed a knock sensor on gsr motor knows u'll look for ANY reason not to do it....lol

thanks lmk what think

youngmill
07-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I have a far knock sensor if you need it. Also that has nothing to do with the knock sensor code. It may be a bad connection, bad knock, or something like that. Chip the ecu and delete it unless you want to spend on trying to get it fixed. Scotty from main stream chips ecu's for $80 and they have to be obd1

Sent from my SELF MADE IPHONE using Tapatalk

pacocrix
07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
yea its funny how i can ride for a while and it wont come on, seem like if i stay under 50mph and in low rmps it dont come on, but if i gun it, by 6k in 2nd gear it comes on......maybe thats not funny idk alot on this sensor just im tired of havin a CEL

thanks tho im gonna change it soon, i hope its just a bad sensor if its not im sure to be lost

Arm&hammer
07-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Check the wire for continuity

pacocrix
07-30-2011, 09:08 AM
yea i have checked the wires amny time , an they are def good....i will recheck anyway tho.....is it not funny that the CEL doesnt com on until i hit 50mph/rev high i rode around almost all day yesterday with it off

really sux my exhaust theory got shut down was really hopin that would do it...lol, anybody else

Arm&hammer
08-01-2011, 11:31 PM
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/dinotapia/2010-08-21_043809_p0325.pdf
this helped me.

turbob20
08-03-2011, 02:14 AM
check the timing and try better octane if not already and see if it stays off. if your timing or bad gas is causing a ping it will do this.