PDA

View Full Version : 95 Civic Bogging down Randomly.

Sunkenkarma
07-28-2011, 01:10 PM
So I recently painted my Valve cover on my 95 DX, and since then, It will just randomly bog down and not have alot of power. At first I thought this was my clutch going out, but today I drove up to the store with no problems at all, but on the way back It started it again. So, I pull over, Put it in neutral and rev it just a little bit, and it still had the studder. Should that eliminate it being the clutch? Or is it still a possibility? And the bogging down happens the whole time its reving, not just at the begining, then randomly goes away. Im pretty sure I put everything back in its correct place, but Ill double check. Ill put a Video of it later, As Always, Appreciate the help guys!

pacocrix
07-28-2011, 05:13 PM
sounds like u got a plug wire crossed i'd check there first

clutch shouldnt effect the idle....i dont think anyway.....i'd bet plug wire google ur dizzy diagram an check it out

Sunkenkarma
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Just checked to make sure all the wires are in the correct spots, they are, and they all have spark.

thepolecat
07-28-2011, 07:26 PM
make sure you have all the nuts tight and all the vacuum lines hooked back up. It sound like a vacuum line.

Sunkenkarma
07-28-2011, 08:04 PM
make sure you have all the nuts tight and all the vacuum lines hooked back up. It sound like a vacuum line.

Just went out and made sure any of the ones that I disconnected are back in place, and they are. It just took it on a test drive and found out something strange, If I ease on the throttle and slowly push it to the floor, it doesnt do it, but if I just gun it, it does it. and thats for every gear.

Maybe injectors? Even though I didnt even touch them.

thepolecat
07-28-2011, 08:56 PM
- just running down a list of things in my head without seeing or hearing the car
Did you replace the valve cover gasket?
Is it seated all the way in the groove?
Is your A/C turned on- could be that the clutch has gone bad and is bogging the engine above a certain rpm ( I suggest this because I just delt with it, and this sounds similar.)

Sunkenkarma
07-28-2011, 09:07 PM
- just running down a list of things in my head without seeing or hearing the car
Did you replace the valve cover gasket?
Is it seated all the way in the groove?
Is your A/C turned on- could be that the clutch has gone bad and is bogging the engine above a certain rpm ( I suggest this because I just delt with it, and this sounds similar.)

Replaced the gasket, I will take it off tommorow to be sure its seated, would that really make that big of a difference if the gasket isnt seated right? My AC is usually always off, and its been off since Ive been messing with it. Also, a friend said PCV valve? Could that also be an option?

Sunkenkarma
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
And also, this is what IM working with.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/Sunkenkarma/277730_10150382823738056_698498055_10455124_526517 7_o.jpg

Srt
07-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Note: the valve cover was free of all water in the ventilation area. No water got in the motor from cleaning/washing it pre-paint.
The gasket is brand new, and spark plug rings. Seated properly, bolts were tightened in correct sequence with the right torque specs.
All hoses pulled are in place, firing order is correct.
Now that you say under full throttle it's doing it, i'm leaning more towards the clutch again. Clutches wont really slip too much like it did yesterday under gentle throttle, you saying it fucks up at full throttle makes me wonder. Because remember it slips in second under full throttle.

pacocrix
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
put another pic with better angle sorry was hoping for ya it was as easy as a plug wire, pic is hard to tell

1 3
2 4 right?

i dout its injector, sounds to me like a firing issue, if not then vacuum...now clutch ???idk if its slip'n bad maybe, go 50mph in 5thgear push gas, if just your rpm's go up then clutch is slip'n........som1 correct me if im wrong, but prolly not clutch but idk....sorry hope this helps

Srt
07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
DX! No RPM gauge! =(

pacocrix
07-29-2011, 01:23 PM
ahhhh yes.....i didnt think about that, well im sure you can tell without the gauge by doin the same test, or hell just nail 2nd an see if it snags, or if it winds the rpm out, but im still thinkin firing issue

thepolecat
07-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Did you take the plug wires off the distributor? If not then it is hard to f up the wires. They are pretty fool proof. I am starting to lean to the transmission now, which I hate for ya. Are you sure it was not slipping at all before you painted- or is it that you are just more aware after a change. I know after I change something i am listening a little harder than normal to be sure everything is ok.

thepolecat
07-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Valve cover looks nice btw.

Srt
07-29-2011, 02:23 PM
The clutch was slipping before, into second it would slip pretty decently.
We just replaced a fucked PCV valve just because & no change.
The firing order is correct, the wires were not removed from the dizzy.
The valve cover is bolted correctly and is all seated properly.
Leaning towards vacuum/clutch/maybe a fouled plug. Not sure though.
Under full throttle and sometimes subtle throttle it will act like its hesitating/slipping. It makes the whole motor vibrate/shake at idle, and it comes in goes in 5-10 second intervals.

Austin?
07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Could be wrong but I THINK. 70% clutch and 30% wiring

Austin?
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Take it to aamco and they will check it out for free

Sunkenkarma
07-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah, im not sure if its the clutch, but im no expert. It does the bogging down in neutral, so it makes me think vacuum, but its just weird that it would do it in neutral aswell. But we literally, cleaned the engine bay, replaced the Valve cover gasket, and put it back on, we didnt touch anything else. So thats weird that the clutch would just randomly go out when doing this.

4wslude
07-30-2011, 12:25 AM
If you cleaned the bay it could be water in the dizzy cap i know when I pressure wash my bay I left me car it with the hood up for a few hours in the sun to dry everything out Because I have got water in the dizzy cap and had a skip and it doesn't want to take off I would look on the inside of the cap and see

94_teg_ls
07-30-2011, 12:39 AM
your spark plug wire looks loose on the dizzy just saying

96project
07-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Its not the clutch. Check your primary o2 senor. That was my issue causing the bogging.

Srt
07-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah man try the O2 sensor then. And the wires are on good now and under the cap is dry.

Sunkenkarma
07-30-2011, 05:33 PM
It could be the O2 sensor....but my CEL isnt on? And How would I go about "Checking" it?

Sunkenkarma
07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Alright, so we have pretty much narrowed it down to the O2 sensor, now, is there a difference between the CX and DX o2 sensor. I know that the DX is the D15b7, and the CX is D15b8. Would the O2 sensors be the same, I only ask because the CX one is about 30 bucks cheaper. Thanks guys,

4wslude
07-31-2011, 06:52 PM
I think all o2 sensors are the same if it's a 4 wire o2 I think the vx or the cx is a one wire o2 I just can't remember

turbob20
07-31-2011, 09:27 PM
is that ground on the drivers side thats supposed to go to the valve cover from the front core support hooked up cause it doesn't look like it in the pic? i wouldnt think it would make this much a difference but it could since it doesn't seem to be hooked up!

Sunkenkarma
07-31-2011, 10:03 PM
is that ground on the drivers side thats supposed to go to the valve cover from the front core support hooked up cause it doesn't look like it in the pic? i wouldnt think it would make this much a difference but it could since it doesn't seem to be hooked up!

The ground wasn't hooked up in that pic, but its hooked up now, I didnt think anyone would look that close lol.

turbob20
07-31-2011, 10:45 PM
lol, i know what its like to be frustrated like this. its something pertaining to the cover being done since thats when it all started. did you get water or is there any oil down around the spark plugs when you pull the boots out? also take off dizzy cap with wires on if you want and look at the rotary button and the little button in the top of the cap and see if it is burned down to far. if far enough it wont contact the rotary button completely. also the screw that holds the rotary button on has been known to work its way out and cause problems and bend shit up! good luck!

Sunkenkarma
08-01-2011, 02:35 AM
lol, i know what its like to be frustrated like this. its something pertaining to the cover being done since thats when it all started. did you get water or is there any oil down around the spark plugs when you pull the boots out? also take off dizzy cap with wires on if you want and look at the rotary button and the little button in the top of the cap and see if it is burned down to far. if far enough it wont contact the rotary button completely. also the screw that holds the rotary button on has been known to work its way out and cause problems and bend shit up! good luck!

Thanks man, I will check all these tommorow. I washed the bay out, but all the boots were on tight, What IF I find some water inside the spark plug holes?

turbob20
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
blow it out with air nozzle and compressor or get a coat hanger and some good shop towels and dabble it out around the plugs also take dizzy cap off and check for moisture or water in it and blow it out good and inside dizzy best you can too cause this is a simple firing issue im almost positive! also check all connectors unplug and look for water as some of your weather connector rubber may be gone due to swaps or just heat and wear over time and water can get in them also and cause false connections or ground wires out that normally shouldn't like say in the dizzy connectors.

SUV Blogger
08-09-2011, 12:46 AM
In the warm days car runs fine, but in the cold it bogs down. what i do in the cold is drive it for a bit til the motor heats up and turn it off and then on and the cold 7 goes away runs perfect again. it has to do with the intake air temp being too cold.

Best Regards
Shreya Mehta
Check our interesting Honda (http://www.suvblogger.com/19/honda-cr-v-2010/overview) suv reviews on suvblogger.com