PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Season duex.

Echonova
07-23-2011, 02:07 AM
QD will probably move this to the entertainment section, but I'm on vacation right now so I can do what I want.;)

Starts this Sunday... I can't wait to see our boy Rut in action again.

That is all.

iamdallas
07-23-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm also pretty excited. By the end of the first season the show had improved incredibly. Hopefully Season 2 will build on that...

In the meantime, whatever happened to his wagon thread?? (NO, I DON'T WANNA USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! GIMME IT FOR FREEEZ NAHHHHHH)

Ziptied
07-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Meh, I'm more excited about the car show. Nothing against rutledge, its his co-hosts that kill the show for me.

Echonova
07-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I've got the Car Show on the DVR as well. My biggest complaint so far is (in my opinion) they try to cram too much into one episode. Covering a 24hr Lemons attempt in a 10min segment... Just doesn't work.

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2011, 07:31 PM
QD will probably move this to the entertainment section, but I'm on vacation right now so I can do what I want.;)

Didn't want you to threaten to quit being a mod. Later, QD.

Echonova
07-23-2011, 08:05 PM
LOL... Maybe.

uho
07-23-2011, 09:29 PM
speakin of TopGear i'm watching it now, i was wondering why they were playin all these episodes. I AM STOKED! def my all time fav show

Elbow
07-24-2011, 04:06 PM
speakin of TopGear i'm watching it now, i was wondering why they were playin all these episodes. I AM STOKED! def my all time fav show

You must mean the UK Top Gear. They are talking about that US Top Gear show here.

uho
07-24-2011, 04:41 PM
no im talkin about the us TopGear that plays on history channel with Tanner Foust, Adam Ferrara, and Rutledge Wood

Echonova
07-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I like telling people I know a TV star. I can now officially name drop a non-internet screen name.

Lulz.

Echonova
07-24-2011, 06:01 PM
BTW: If you're reading this Rut I still need my sticker...

Rutspeed b00b krew f0 lyf3 y0

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I like telling people I know a TV star.

I do that, too, lolol. I tell me people that he gave me an early 80's Corolla for Christmas one year.

And I'm not lying. Later, QD.

Echonova
07-24-2011, 06:30 PM
LOL I tell everyone we are extremely personal friends and I got some old skool wheels off him.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/023.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
This message has been deleted by Echonova.

Reason
tr-tr-triple post!!!

Triple posting?!?!? Damn, man. Later, QD.

Echonova
07-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry, I got excited.:(

Tech5
07-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Yay!!!!

SLOWR/T
07-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Hope it gets better. I really didn't like the first show. Maybe its just that Tanner is annoying to me. Rut should have put a Importatlanta.com sticker on the Miata lol.

CHADbee
07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
I enjoyed the show last night, got a lot of good laughs out of it :)

Echonova
07-25-2011, 03:55 PM
I enjoyed the show last night, got a lot of good laughs out of it :)I did too. Overall it was funny, and better than anything last year.

Complaints are few...I was a little disappointed that they didn't use the same cars and actually turn those into 4x4 trucks. But with production schedules and what not, I understand the need to have them built before-hand. Production tip: If you're going to use "stunt-double" cars make sure the interiors are the same color.

And the "lets run into James May" gag is tired even on TGUK. I'm sure it's funny as hell to do it in person in cars that aren't yours, but it just comes across as a copy.

smoknlegend
07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
I did too. Overall it was funny, and better than anything last year.

Complaints are few...I was a little disappointed that they didn't use the same cars and actually turn those into 4x4 trucks. But with production schedules and what not, I understand the need to have them built before-hand. Production tip: If you're going to use "stunt-double" cars make sure the interiors are the same color.

And the "lets run into James May" gag is tired even on TGUK. I'm sure it's funny as hell to do it in person in cars that aren't yours, but it just comes across as a copy.

But for those who havent seen top gear UK dont know about that running gag.

tnomud
07-25-2011, 11:59 PM
TGUK > TGUS

DA9_Vito
07-26-2011, 01:44 AM
TGUK > TGUS

You sir have it wrong its TGUK<TGUS

B18c1Turboed
07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
He made it on TMZ now, he must be famous now.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/23/rutledge-wood-top-gear-volkswagen-vw-double-cab/

SLOWR/T
07-26-2011, 06:00 PM

LOL you have got to be kidding. TGUK is leaps and bounds better than TGUS hands down. Season one didn't even get good till the end, so there is no way you can honestly say its better, truthfully.

tnomud
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM
LOL you have got to be kidding. TGUK is leaps and bounds better than TGUS hands down. Season one didn't even get good till the end, so there is no way you can honestly say its better, truthfully.

I am old and get Brittish humor. I just think the US version lacks the creativity and quality of the UK version. The US one is OK, but not even on the same level as the UK version.

Its like when Megadeth did a Sex Pistols song. It was good, because there was a good base to start from, but still not as good as the orig..

thepolecat
07-26-2011, 08:05 PM
UK top gear all day long--- but in the beginning of the UK version it was kinda awkward and not as good. They have to grow together as hosts... I am confident the US version will grow and develop like the UK version did.

But they need to stop copying some of those challenges directly. If you watch the US TG then chances are you area fan of the UK version and possibly even the Australian TG.

Elbow
07-27-2011, 09:28 AM

LLLLLMMMMMMFFFFFFFAAAAAOOOOOOOOO

I take it you've never watched the real Top Gear? Either you're lying for reps, haven't watched either, or you're just an idiot.

RutRoe
07-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks for watching guys...I really appreciate the IA support...no matter which TG you like more.

Simon, bless your heart. I'm afraid you're always going to be a douche. Don't feel like you need to go out of your way, ok man. I'm sure you're really busy...you know..douching it up and stuff. Like I've always said, I know you're just an online hypster, so I genuinely don't care about what you think, but I do feel sorry for you that you're a dick. No one really wants to be known as a dick. Bummer man.

Elbow
07-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for watching guys...I really appreciate the IA support...no matter which TG you like more.

Simon, bless your heart. I'm afraid you're always going to be a douche. Don't feel like you need to go out of your way, ok man. I'm sure you're really busy...you know..douching it up and stuff. Like I've always said, I know you're just an online hypster, so I genuinely don't care about what you think, but I do feel sorry for you that you're a dick. No one really wants to be known as a dick. Bummer man.

I'm a dick for not liking the show? Don't be "that guy." lol

I'm also not "known" for being a dick, I don't think we have ever met, when we do, you won't think I'm a dick. Dump your co-hosts and the show may actually be good, you're funny, the other two just annoy me.

tnomud
07-30-2011, 05:22 PM

:lmfao::goodjob::yes:

RutRoe
07-30-2011, 06:22 PM
OH I don't think that you're a dick...and it's certainly not because of your like or dislike for anything as a whole, pertaining to me or otherwise. I'm an old school nerd on here who remembers when you showed up on IA and started posting a lot.

I just think you kinda dig acting like a dick. Which is cool if that's your thing...it's just not my thing. And that's why I said what I said that way. I hope you're not one. I hope you're a genuinely good guy who's optimism is simply misunderstood.

None the less, thanks for watching, and thanks for the compliment. Hope I'll get to meet you in person one day and we'll clear all that up. Thanks, Rut

Elbow
07-30-2011, 06:57 PM
OH I don't think that you're a dick...and it's certainly not because of your like or dislike for anything as a whole, pertaining to me or otherwise. I'm an old school nerd on here who remembers when you showed up on IA and started posting a lot.

I just think you kinda dig acting like a dick. Which is cool if that's your thing...it's just not my thing. And that's why I said what I said that way. I hope you're not one. I hope you're a genuinely good guy who's optimism is simply misunderstood.

None the less, thanks for watching, and thanks for the compliment. Hope I'll get to meet you in person one day and we'll clear all that up. Thanks, Rut

Trust me I'll be the first to admit I use to act like a e-thug dick on here back in the day. lol It's embarrassing, I rarely post here anymore anyway. With that said, I'll keep watching to see it get better, no hard feelings.

Catnip
07-30-2011, 07:09 PM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/XxscribbleszxX/AWWWWW.jpg

Elbow
07-30-2011, 09:00 PM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/XxscribbleszxX/AWWWWW.jpg

:boobies::boobies:

Firefightin_tC
07-31-2011, 12:26 PM
I'd hit it.

Nemesis
08-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Watched it, loved it, will tune back again :D

Most of my non-car people friends watch and like it, so they must be doing something right ;)

Keep up the good work Rut.

Echonova
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought last nights episode was great. Laughed the whole time, made my wife and I reminiscence about our first cars and what shit-boxes they were.

smoknlegend
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I liked last nights too. It seems like they were trying to make it more of their own than last season (almost like a rebirth or something.)

4wslude
08-02-2011, 01:56 AM
I watched it a few hours ago because I forgot to Sunday night and it's funny that y'all did tray slideing on tv and it made me think about my first car also mine was a 1986 Honda prelude 2.0si. was a great show cant wait to see the rest of the season

tnomud
08-14-2011, 10:53 PM
TGUS had a great show tonight, definately revised it for the good.

David88vert
08-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Last night was really good. Episodes keep improving.

Elbow
08-15-2011, 07:23 AM
I need to catch up on them but thanks to Charter I can't watch them On Demand anymore.

tnomud
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Last night was really good. Episodes keep improving.

I watched a few last year and wasnt too excited about it, so I stopped making an effort to watch. This season seems to have made some drastic improvements. The general quality of the editing, naration, and videography is much improved. The crew seems to flow much better. Last year, It was like 3 random dudes all after the same drunk chick in the bathroom at a party. That awkwardness is gone. Now, one thing I hate that is probably unfixable is the strange people in the crowd standing around at the end. I spotted a cross-eyed Asian girl and about spit my Iced Coffee out of my nose last night.

RutRoe
08-18-2011, 10:32 PM
hahah I know what you're talking about! Pretty sure she came up and asked for a hug when we were done. That's just funny right there.

SPOOLIN
08-18-2011, 10:46 PM
episodes have been great.

Love'd the truck episode, hated the fact that it didn't really talk about the strong points of each. The cummins was unnecessarily dogged for some reason as just a "6 cyl"

Ziptied
08-18-2011, 10:49 PM
If you guys really pick your own cars for the challenges, then Adam has shitty taste lol

tnomud
08-18-2011, 11:05 PM
The truck episode needed some "trailer drifting" .... (dually+trailer brakes) :)

tnomud
08-18-2011, 11:05 PM
hahah I know what you're talking about! Pretty sure she came up and asked for a hug when we were done. That's just funny right there.

Crosseyed chicks give the best head..........

Echonova
08-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Crosseyed chicks give the best head..........Is that because they can still see what they're doing with a penis all in their face?

roxie911
08-19-2011, 11:02 AM
I actually like Top Gear US. I watch it on Mondays with my mom and she loves it too...and she's actually learning stuff from it. First seasons are usually rough anyway because the hosts are trying to find their characters. There's always gonna be room for improvement. They're doing pretty damn well though.

The only thing that bugs me is how they try and make Tanner sound poetic in his narrations. That shit makes me cringe every damn time. He makes it sound so unnatural and awkward.