PDA

View Full Version : will i pass emissions?

98blackcivic
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
92 prelude si. 2.3l. obd1 obviously..

TPS went out say about 8 months ago or so..idk..i replaced it with a blox tps but have heard thru reputable sources that theyre bullshit...blah.

but then again i never adjusted it to the correct voltage cuz im lazy blah

anyways since chinkyxloa has my volt meter long story short and i need my emissions soon

will i pass emissions with a this sensor malfunctioning or whatnot?

-EnVus-
07-19-2011, 11:45 PM
I assume its throwing a code it so then no it won't pass

silversol
07-19-2011, 11:55 PM
^^^ Its obd1 so it is possable to pass emmission with a cel

-EnVus-
07-19-2011, 11:56 PM
^^^ Its obd1 so it is possable to pass emmission with a cel
Hmm didnt know that

98blackcivic
07-19-2011, 11:58 PM
silversol u know of any shops? i live in the lawrenceville area

silversol
07-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Just go drive it get it good and and hot and see if it will pass.

Tech5
07-20-2011, 03:03 PM
I assume its throwing a code it so then no it won't pass
Not true , it's a 92 so it will be a ASM test not OBD data link test . So it could pass with flying colors.

Tech5
07-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Just go drive it get it good and and hot and see if it will pass.

TPS problem he don't need to get it hot , To the OP just go take it in and let them test it . Once that is done come back with the results , and if you failed either take pics of the test so I CAN see the specs thanks Joshua

Tech5
07-20-2011, 03:05 PM
silversol u know of any shops? i live in the lawrenceville area

You can go to the DMV's website for local shops

J. Jean
07-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Man honestly with it being a 92 you shouldnt have to go thru emissions. I drive a 94 ej and I dont have to take emissions testing because the car is considered old enough not to required to go thru emissions testing. I know this because I have bought tags and new stickers for the car twice now and they told my mom that she doesn't have to worry about getting her truck to pass next year because its a 1995. But at the same time I am fairly new to GA and I stay out towards Austell so this could be different where ever you're located.

Go_Fast
07-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Man honestly with it being a 92 you shouldnt have to go thru emissions. I drive a 94 ej and I dont have to take emissions testing because the car is considered old enough not to required to go thru emissions testing. I know this because I have bought tags and new stickers for the car twice now and they told my mom that she doesn't have to worry about getting her truck to pass next year because its a 1995. But at the same time I am fairly new to GA and I stay out towards Austell so this could be different where ever you're located.

Vehicles 25 model years old or older are exempt from emission testing. For registration in 2011, this includes vehicle model years 1986 and older.

Tech5
07-20-2011, 06:10 PM

WRONG!

J. Jean
07-20-2011, 06:38 PM
WRONG!

Im just saying I am CURRENT on my registration things may have changed I dont know... all I know that I've went to the DMV with 2 different cars my 94 ej and an 01 dodge stratus, got the same teller and was never asked about emissions for my ej but for the dodge I was. Also my mom was JUST in there like last week and this information was given to her by the DMV. I'm from Ohio so honestly all this emissions crap is none sense imo lol... I miss being able to modify your car as you please and not having to care about a CEL as long as your car was running right. but hey... welcome to the south

Tech5
07-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Im just saying I am CURRENT on my registration things may have changed I dont know... all I know that I've went to the DMV with 2 different cars my 94 ej and an 01 dodge stratus, got the same teller and was never asked about emissions for my ej but for the dodge I was. Also my mom was JUST in there like last week and this information was given to her by the DMV. I'm from Ohio so honestly all this emissions crap is none sense imo lol... I miss being able to modify your car as you please and not having to care about a CEL as long as your car was running right. but hey... welcome to the south

Maybe it's because they was already inspected that year , but your info in the above post was wrong I was stating the facts .ALSO Emissions isn't none sense as it helps control the air that you and I breath everyday . Have you ever been to Cali? Say Los Angles ? or Mexico??

ALSO Federal Gov gives us GEORGIA money for our roads because we have emissions .

quickdodgeŽ
07-20-2011, 08:31 PM

If you're in Palmetto, you don't have to worry about emissions.

If you don't like the South, then leave. Later, QD.

J. Jean
07-20-2011, 08:55 PM
lol you guys are funny... @Tech5 I understand what you are saying all I was pointing out was MY situation, and the ej was never inspected before, its honestly not that serious it not my issue. I was just trying to offer some assistance to the thread starter. And I do understand that it helps out with a lot of things as far as air pollution road ways and all that, I just dont like the hassle of it, as would anyone not used to it but everything just takes time getting adjusted. @QD I was never concerned about emissions, and geez what happened to southern hospitality?!?! lol I love the south and if I didnt I wouldnt be here! I was never knocking the south, spent a good bit of my life down here... heck everything is better down here lol

quickdodgeŽ
07-20-2011, 08:58 PM
... all I was pointing out was MY situation, and the ej was never inspected before, its honestly not that serious it not my issue. I was just trying to offer some assistance to the thread starter.

[QUOTE=J. Jean;39285031] @QD I was never concerned about emissions,

But you were offering wrong advice, telling him he shouldn't have to worry about emissions because you don't. There are only a handful of counties that require emissions testing. You happen to reside in one that does not.

and geez what happened to southern hospitality?!?! lol I love the south and if I didnt I wouldnt be here! I was never knocking the south, spent a good bit of my life down here... heck everything is better down here lol

I was just kidding about that part. I hate it here. Later, QD.

J. Jean
07-20-2011, 09:44 PM
I got what youre saying, wasn't trying to I just didn't think you had to be concerned about it. I don't know if I'll ever fully understand how this emissions stuff works down here lol... and come on how could you NOT love the south!!! lol

Tech5
07-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Good thing it's once a year , let's hope it stays that way . I would hate if we had to do it monthly or worse replace our motors at 35k miles like japan makes them .

quickdodgeŽ
07-20-2011, 10:07 PM
. and come on how could you NOT love the south!!! lol

Depends on where in the South. Anywhere near the beach and I'm good. Here in Atlanta? Ugh. Boring. Later, QD.

Tech5
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Depends on where in the South. Anywhere near the beach and I'm good. Here in Atlanta? Ugh. Boring. Later, QD.

Or the Mtns

tnomud
07-20-2011, 10:48 PM

you are exempt, because you just moved here. You will need to pass before your plates expire.

If you're in Palmetto, you don't have to worry about emissions.

If you don't like the South, then leave. Later, QD.

Palmetto is south Fulton, he needs to pass eventually.

Tech5
07-20-2011, 11:18 PM
you are exempt, because you just moved here. You will need to pass before your plates expire.

correct

quickdodgeŽ
07-21-2011, 06:10 AM

I stand corrected. For some reason (tired as hell), I was thinking of Palmetto as a county and not city. Also, Palmetto is in two counties. Fulton and Coweta. Both of these counties require emissions testing.

you are exempt, because you just moved here. You will need to pass before your plates expire. .

This is right as well. Next year, when your birthday comes around, in order for you to renew your registration, you'll have to have the emissions testing on your cars. Later, QD.

tnomud
07-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I stand corrected. For some reason (tired as hell), I was thinking of Palmetto as a county and not city. Also, Palmetto is in two counties. Fulton and Coweta. Both of these counties require emissions testing.

This is right as well. Next year, when your birthday comes around, in order for you to renew your registration, you'll have to have the emissions testing on your cars. Later, QD.

You are one of the few on this board older than me, so I chose to go easy on ya and skipped the snide icons.:lmfao:

98blackcivic
07-22-2011, 03:10 AM
thanks for your help gentlemen
this car is seriously stock and the last owner said it passed emissions no problem
ill be getting this done sooN!

98blackcivic
07-26-2011, 09:33 PM
annyyyyonnnneee??

98blackcivic
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
ugh...i finally passed...if anyone cares...