PDA

View Full Version : no tach speedometer or power to fuel pump

parkerjdm09
07-18-2011, 08:29 PM
im not getting no ecu controll could it be my jumper harness motor is in a 99 civic now but was running fine in my 97 but no check engine light or anything car used to be an automatic and srs light is on if that helps...

parkerjdm09
07-18-2011, 09:05 PM
anyone ever had this problem?

1civic
07-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Sounds like the wrong jumper harness.. With ob2 ecu car should run, but check grounds!!! If obd1 ecu and jumper harness chunk that shit and try another..lol

Tech5
07-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Check your fuses you have a cluster fuse and a fuel pump fuse
I want to say fuel is number 15

parkerjdm09
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
fuses are good i dont think its reading my ecu

1civic
07-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Read the info I posted and reply!!! We need to know the parts list, story behind the swap.. Car ever ran? Changes!! Help us with details and we can point you in the right direction homie!!

Later!

parkerjdm09
07-18-2011, 10:31 PM
car runs if i jump the fuel pump how can i know if its obd1 or obd2 it has the type r ecu with a jumper harness car was running fine in my 97 & the motor is a b16b

parkerjdm09
07-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Read the info I posted and reply!!! We need to know the parts list, story behind the swap.. Car ever ran? Changes!! Help us with details and we can point you in the right direction homie!!

Later!

you can text me 7628222186?

1civic
07-18-2011, 10:48 PM
O lord.. read the ecu and see if it says p73.. and why a jumper harness? Obd2 motor and obd2 ecu correct? The engine harness should have went into the ecu.. Explain!!!

Pump:
Ecu triggers ground to pump from main relay so you need to check the two wire which run to the ecu.. If my brain is right you should have a single ground in the kick panel also which may be missing.. Look for any cut wires!!
And test the relay with a known good one..

Speedo is a little tricky, but common for wires to pull out of the plug, check connection on the tranny.. You will need a muiti-meter and some common knowledge, google your voltage and signal wires if need be.. If they check good at the plug then back track to ecu and cluster..

You should have a check engine light when you turn key on, then it goes off.. If your lights dont come on then your switch could be bad, BUT check grounds!! And also double a triple check all fuses, move them around if you don't have a test light, check all plugs going into fuse box also..

Tech5
07-18-2011, 10:50 PM
O lord.. read the ecu and see if it says p73.. and why a jumper harness? Obd2 motor and obd2 ecu correct? The engine harness should have went into the ecu.. Explain!!!

Pump:
Ecu triggers ground to pump from main relay so you need to check the two wire which run to the ecu.. If my brain is right you should have a single ground in the kick panel also which may be missing.. Look for any cut wires!!
And test the relay with a known good one..

Speedo is a little tricky, but common for wires to pull out of the plug, check connection on the tranny.. You will need a muiti-meter and some common knowledge, google your voltage and signal wires if need be.. If they check good at the plug then back track to ecu and cluster..

You should have a check engine light when you turn key on, then it goes off.. If your lights dont come on then your switch could be bad, BUT check grounds!! And also double a triple check all fuses, move them around if you don't have a test light, check all plugs going into fuse box also..
hahahahahhaha

1civic
07-18-2011, 11:02 PM
hahahahahhaha

I'm going to bed on this one..:doh:

All yours buddy!! :cheers:

Tech5
07-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I've already passed lololol

1civic
07-18-2011, 11:07 PM
I've already passed lololol

Hmmm...... .... .. yep!!

Later!

1civic
07-18-2011, 11:11 PM
pct j11... CTR ecu!!

parkerjdm09
07-19-2011, 12:06 AM
no check engine light what so ever i left the engine harness from my 97 on the motor should i run the harness that came with it