PDA

View Full Version : turbo kit install

BLAKOUTD
07-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I just bought a turbo kit for my 3rd gen. I just need help installing it. Im not very mechanically inclined and this is my first turbo car.

Go_Fast
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
give us more of an idea of what your doing. are you putting on a fmic and piping or more than that?

BLAKOUTD
07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Basically I need help with the plumbing part turbo feed line, return line, and coolant lines. Wondering if anybody is willing to come by to give a hand.

Slomaro Z28
07-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Basically I need help with the plumbing part turbo feed line, return line, and coolant lines. Wondering if anybody is willing to come by to give a hand.

Alright, lets try this.....

Where are you located?

What kind of car? ( 3rd gen what? )

What setup? What all is in your kit or how far are you going? (fuel pump, injectors, etc.)

Also, there is a forced induction section....might have better luck there.

BLAKOUTD
07-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Go fast it wont let me send a message till u clean some of your inbox.

BLAKOUTD
07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I live in habersham. Its a 3rd gen mazda rx7 an fd. I have turbo, manifold, two wastegates, and two dump tubes.

Slomaro Z28
07-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I live in habersham. Its a 3rd gen mazda rx7 an fd. I have turbo, manifold, two wastegates, and two dump tubes.

That should help. I was on my phone and couldn't see it was the mazda section. Again, I'd try the FI section.

Drummerboy
07-26-2011, 05:22 PM
I have my oil feed line ran from a T fitting on the back of my block to the top of the turbo, and my return from the bottom of my turbo to a fitting that is welded to the oil pan.

The manifold replaces your old exhaust manifold/header. Thats a simple unbolt the old, bolt the new. Then the turbo mounts on that. It can mount in a couple different ways, depending on your manifold (facing up, down, left or right).

If you're running 2 wastegates, sounds like you plan on making big power. If that's the case, you'll most likely need to upgrade the fuel system. (injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator,etc)

Have you planned out which Engine Management you'll use?

BLAKOUTD
07-27-2011, 02:16 AM
I have power fc right now might go with haltech.

HillClimbGuy
08-16-2011, 10:26 AM
What kit did you get? WHAT IS DONE TO THE ENGINE is the bigger ? That needs to be asked. Also dual waste gates on rx7's are common it is a good way to stopp boost leak and manifolds that don't flow very well

Five*Star*
08-17-2011, 08:02 AM

Google "rx7 performance parts" and one of the reputable performance shops will have a single turbo install kit. Ie. Block off plates and the feed/drain lines. The block-off plate kit will be mandatory. You will be removing the air pump system. If you have any more questions, hit me up. I've owned 3 of these cars and have extensively worked on more than a handful of them.

BLAKOUTD
08-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Whats your number five star?