PDA

View Full Version : Me VS. Mustang Cobra

Vuongy_Dong
11-23-2005, 08:42 PM
lost to Wheels direct's Mustang. We ran at a 70mph roll on 675 for fun. we know each other for awhile now. Took it to 120+ mph. Hey, what would I expect! 500 hp & 500+ torque Vs my 411 hp gsr. Great run tho. :D

EJ25RUN
11-23-2005, 11:12 PM
was the stang a standard gt or a cobra?

how much did you lose by?

EJ25RUN
11-23-2005, 11:13 PM
never mind on the first question i read the title :doh:

Spin2nd
11-24-2005, 01:31 AM
was the stang a standard gt or a cobra?

how much did you lose by?

Does it really matter at 500/500?

EJ25RUN
11-24-2005, 08:53 AM
i figure a lighter car with 100 less hp isnt that bad compared to the 500/500.

There are 400+ hp hondas that can outrun a "500/500" hp mustang, it

depends on the setup of both cars. gearing, powerband, and all the turbo

math.

Vuongy_Dong
11-24-2005, 09:03 AM
he got me by a car length or so. I was on him the whole way.

sirhatch1030
11-24-2005, 09:11 AM
and the bad thing is that omars mustang from wheels direct only ran a 15.3 at snap-ons day at the races. i know omar we all rode up conmerce together that day he ran a 15.3 . but dont get me wrong its a fast car. oh ya teg when we going to run agine . i ran you that night you came down to stock bridge, i drive the 90 ef black hatch.

Vuongy_Dong
11-24-2005, 10:39 AM
and the bad thing is that omars mustang from wheels direct only ran a 15.3 at snap-ons day at the races. i know omar we all rode up conmerce together that day he ran a 15.3 . but dont get me wrong its a fast car. oh ya teg when we going to run agine . i ran you that night you came down to stock bridge, i drive the 90 ef black hatch.
i know who you are. dont worry. we'll have our day again.

sirhatch1030
11-24-2005, 11:11 AM
ill be waiting, lmk

white99gt
11-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a fast car with a driver not use to the power.

I got a nice kill off a turbo teg in stockbridge a few nights ago.Needless to say he knows im not a stock gt now.. :D

sirhatch1030
11-24-2005, 02:56 PM
he went on street tires and it really wasent tuned good yet , but he is a good driver .what turbo teg did you race and were at .

white99gt
11-24-2005, 03:06 PM
he went on street tires and it really wasent tuned good yet , but he is a good driver .what turbo teg did you race and were at .

well if he is making that much power and isnt tuned good.Thats stupid.But hey its not my car.
Street tires isnt a reason to run 15's.Ive run mid 11's on street tires.

The teg was black i believe.It was on 138 near walmart on the way home from work one night.

WINDSOR
11-24-2005, 03:28 PM

if the guy can only run 15.3 with 500 hp must be the worst driver ever.

Flamed03
11-24-2005, 03:53 PM
if the guy can only run 15.3 with 500 hp must be the worst driver ever.

amen. hell, stock GT's run 14's on street tires.

Vuongy_Dong
11-24-2005, 04:46 PM
my best time at the track last friday was 13.5 @ 115mph. I was on BFG radials too.

Spin2nd
11-24-2005, 07:39 PM
i figure a lighter car with 100 less hp isnt that bad compared to the 500/500.
There are 400+ hp hondas that can outrun a "500/500" hp mustang, it
depends on the setup of both cars. gearing, powerband, and all the turbo
math.

I wasn't hating on the import...I was just saying the differences between a GT and Cobra don't make a damn bit of difference if the car is making 500/500. The differences between the two are quite small at those powerlevels -- most people would have modified most of the parts that made the two cars different in the first place. No matter what trim the car was, it's still putting out the power.

That being said, driving a 500hp car to a 15 should lead to the immediate reposession of said ride and the owner shot behind the barn. Hell, start the damn thing in 2nd gear and granny the hell out of it -- I guarantee it will go faster than a 15 even if the track is ice.

sirhatch1030
11-25-2005, 07:46 AM
well the car has been down the1/4 at 11.7 befor so i bleive its pretty fast , but that day he ran a 15 i belive he spun thought 3rd gear , but oh well,

NevrNufTorq
11-25-2005, 09:34 PM
hey, omar just put my 20's on the W. they were telling me about yall's run. too weird to then read about it. oh, and for those interested, it's a cobra block and heads with the supercharger removed. then a custom single turbo kit similar to the ones that the guys run in the 10.5 tire series in the NHRA. BTW, he makes alot more power than 500/500(seen the dyno sheet).

white99gt
11-26-2005, 09:11 AM
hey, omar just put my 20's on the W. they were telling me about yall's run. too weird to then read about it. oh, and for those interested, it's a cobra block and heads with the supercharger removed. then a custom single turbo kit similar to the ones that the guys run in the 10.5 tire series in the NHRA. BTW, he makes alot more power than 500/500(seen the dyno sheet).
So you are saying he has a single mounted in the front grill with a cooler in the passenger seat?I doubt it.

Thats really sad.He is now making well over 500 with a turbo and a turbo integra stays close to him..And to top it off he ran 15's on street tires. :doh:

Good death to the teg.But the cobra owner needs some driving skills.

Vuongy_Dong
11-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Omar is a good friend of mine. Im not doubting his driving skills. its just too much power on street tires.

NevrNufTorq
11-26-2005, 09:13 PM
So you are saying he has a single mounted in the front grill with a cooler in the passenger seat?I doubt it.

Thats really sad.He is now making well over 500 with a turbo and a turbo integra stays close to him..And to top it off he ran 15's on street tires. :doh:

Good death to the teg.But the cobra owner needs some driving skills.
boy, you sure do sound smart, notice the word similar, that doesnt mean it has to be the same configuration. but i guess a 'guru' like you should know it all, huh? anyway, since you're soo bad, go down there, i'll setup the race and we'll see how well you do since you apparently know sooo much about racing!! i'm not tryn to start anything, but you stepped on my toes first. fair is fair.

white99gt
11-26-2005, 09:44 PM
boy, you sure do sound smart, notice the word similar, that doesnt mean it has to be the same configuration. but i guess a 'guru' like you should know it all, huh? anyway, since you're soo bad, go down there, i'll setup the race and we'll see how well you do since you apparently know sooo much about racing!! i'm not tryn to start anything, but you stepped on my toes first. fair is fair.

go down where?

Been racing a lot longer than some of you have been driving.
I wasnt stepping on anyones toes.BUt im not scared bring it..

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 12:39 PM
The car broke 3rd gear at the track when it ran the 15.1 @ 63mph. I have the broken tranny to prove it. That was a Tremec TKO 3550 w a Spec stage 3 clutch. It now has Tremec TKO 600 with the Spec stage 3 clutch. Its not up to the driver if the car breaks. The car runs on pump gas and 20 inch tires every day. BTW, I'd like to see if you could run in the 11's on 20 INCH STREET TIRES. The cobra has.

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I also have the video if you want to see it.

white99gt
12-06-2005, 06:36 PM
The car broke 3rd gear at the track when it ran the 15.1 @ 63mph. I have the broken tranny to prove it. That was a Tremec TKO 3350 w a Spec stage 3 clutch. It now has Tremec TKO 600 with the Spec stage 3 clutch. Its not up to the driver if the car breaks. The car runs on pump gas and 20 inch tires every day. BTW, I'd like to see if you could run in the 11's on 20 INCH STREET TIRES. The cobra has.

GLad your car runs on pump gas.So does mine..
Mine run 18" STREET tires..Not drag radials..
Breaking a tko isnt hard if you dont have a shifter or it hasnt been upgraded.

My TKO took 4 years of street/strip(40k miles) abuse before finally giving 3rd gear up.The driver has a LOT to do with what breaks.A axle wont bend if you leave easy but will if you leave hard(driving style matters on breakage)..I have broken motors,a tranny,bent 3 sets of axles,bent a d/s,broken a alum flywheel ring gear,destroyed a few clutches..But stuff happens..Because i drive mine hard..
I can show you a 700rwhp cobra that has never broken one part.Why because he doesnt race it or beat on it..Again depends on the driver.

As far as 20's hey your car..20's are for the bling crowd..Not the speed crowd..

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 08:52 PM
It's not my car for one. The 20s aren't chrome, so much for your BLING. The car did have a shifter in it and that has nothing to do with a broken 3rd gear. It has to do with broken shift rods. You sure do come off sounding like you have the fastest car around. I'd like to see it as I like Kennne Bell cars. Maybe even hit the highway and see how it stacks up.;)

BTW the Integra that started this post has my props. He has one fast car that he can drive every day. Real clean, nice and fast.

smokinblackneon
12-06-2005, 08:54 PM
15.3 is pretty bad for 500hp seeing that my 99 neon with a header runs 16.3s

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Are you kidding? The car broke the transmission in 3rd gear and rolled across the line at 63mph. We had to pull it back with a 4 wheeler and trailer it home.

white99gt
12-06-2005, 09:11 PM
It's not my car for one. The 20s aren't chrome, so much for your BLING. The car did have a shifter in it and that has nothing to do with a broken 3rd gear. It has to do with broken shift rods. You sure do come off sounding like you have the fastest car around. I'd like to see it as I like Kennne Bell cars. Maybe even hit the highway and see how it stacks up.;)

BTW the Integra that started this post has my props. He has one fast car that he can drive every day. Real clean, nice and fast.

Not the fastest .But been down the track a few times.

As far as broke shift rod/fork..Its because the SHIFTER wasnt setup correctly..Shifter stops stop broken tranny stuff.

As far as a highway roll sure..I Gotta lose sometime but 500+hp on 20's ..Not really worried even from a roll..

But i Never said i had the fastest.I just dont fall for the stupid stuff..

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 09:25 PM
The car didn't break the shift fork. It broke the gear. But as maybe you got the wrong idea because of the way this thread has unfolded. I recieved a call about someone talking down about a car/driver they know nothing about. It fired me up a bit so I joined the forum to state facts. So the facts are;

The car broke, thats why it ran slow at the track
The car is a street only car that runs on pump gas (93)
The car does have 20 inch wheels (not chrome) and it looks great
The car has been in the 11s (on 20 inch wheels 285/30/20 BFGs)
The car has been to the track a total of 3 times
The car is a 99 cobra w stock untouched heads
The car runs on 13# of boost
The car has broken its fair share of parts
I really would like to see your car. It sound realy nice as well.
I can only hope that my car is put back together if/when you get to stop by.
I'm not trying to put anyone down, as most everybody else has a nicer car than me. I think a lot of people got off on thinking that this turbo cobra can only run 15.1 without knowing the facts.

white99gt
12-06-2005, 09:34 PM
The car didn't break the shift fork. It broke the gear. But as maybe you got the wrong idea because of the way this thread has unfolded. I recieved a call about someone talking down about a car/driver they know nothing about. It fired me up a bit so I joined the forum to state facts. So the facts are;

The car broke, thats why it ran slow at the track
The car is a street only car that runs on pump gas (93)
The car does have 20 inch wheels (not chrome) and it looks great
The car has been in the 11s (on 20 inch wheels 285/30/20 BFGs)
The car has been to the track a total of 3 times
The car is a 99 cobra w stock untouched heads
The car runs on 13# of boost
The car has broken its fair share of parts
I really would like to see your car. It sound realy nice as well.
I can only hope that my car is put back together if/when you get to stop by.
I'm not trying to put anyone down, as most everybody else has a nicer car than me. I think a lot of people got off on thinking that this turbo cobra can only run 15.1 without knowing the facts.

Agreed ..Posts turn ugly without all the facts.
Still dont agree on the 20's on ANY stang though ;)

Mines not nicer than anyones.LOL..I put money in the drivetrain,ive still yet to paint my hood and new bumper :mad:.

Never seen one break the whole gear..Seen many including my own strip teeth off of third though..But thats fixed..When it goes next time..IM going auto and more boost..(not that 17 psi is a bad but 21 is better :) )..

Some buddies Kb gt's :D :
http://www.kennebell.net/FORUM_PICS/brent10335.wmv
http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/fo...s/CT101_NEW.wmv

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Hell, I've yet to paint my whole car! So I guess I do have you beat.

ct9a gsr
12-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Doesn't that one stupid fucker work at Wheels Direct... the kid that kept comming on backing up his even more fucking stupid girlfriend who claimed to have a pink ebay built by all EBay trash?

Just curious...

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I need more info on this "stupid fucker" to let you know.

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 10:13 PM
BTW I can't control what so people do on their off time so please don't let that reflect on other people that maybe employed by one such company.

ct9a gsr
12-06-2005, 10:15 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17119&page=12&pp=15

Talking about evo chick and Wheels Direct Racer in that thread. I think the kid drives some piece of shit swapped n/a hatch and spits a lot of lies.

ct9a gsr
12-06-2005, 10:16 PM
BTW I can't control what so people do on their off time so please don't let that reflect on other people that maybe employed by one such company.

His user name on this forum is your company's name + racer. Seems like he's making it a point to represent your company and being a fk'n idiot.

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I'll make sure to look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

ct9a gsr
12-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Roger K. is his name, I believe. No problem. =]

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:02 PM
I just finish reading that thread and I'm floored. For one there has never been a Pink Evo at the shop. All I can say is that in no way sould these two people be a reflection of the shop that I HAVE BEEN AT FOR 9 YEARS! There are only two people that have been at Wheels Direct for 9 years. Me and the owner. As far as the performance work we do to car. Thats for ME and the OWNER to do. No one else. Thanks for bringing these statements to my attention as it will be dealt with as of 10am. I'm floored to have had as many people read the BS thats contained in that thread as have so far. If a Mod could get in touch with me that would be great, as I would like to have that screen name removed as all of the posts as well. PM me for a work or cell number to verify who I am. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for anything that has been stated by that person. Again, I'm floored by what I have read.

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:09 PM
This makes me sick the more I think about what has taken place here. It makes me sick to think that I (and the owner of the shop) could put so much time a effort into making a shop what it is to let one person come onto this site and make it sound so worthless. I have no idea how to rectify this. It only makes me think that anyone that has read the thread think that the shop is nothing but crap.

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:11 PM
How do I seach for everything that has been posted under that screen name?

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Who are the mods on this forum?

Speedm0(\)key
12-06-2005, 11:19 PM
turbofox, start a new thread about it and call him out

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:23 PM
The guy does work at the shop. Its not about calling him out. Its about trying to save face. (of the shop that is). I had no idea this was going on.

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Besides, he'll be getting "called out" in the AM.

ct9a gsr
12-06-2005, 11:29 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/search.php?searchid=239571 = all his previous posts

Heh, at least you're comming on here apologizing for his shit... but trust me, 99% of us who read his shit thought he was the owner or someone representing the shop... and we all thought he was a giant piece of shit... which reflects on the user name he was on.

Sucks to have such shitty employees with such shitty girlfriends. Hope this situation gets taken care of. =]

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Thats the reason this bothers me so much. How many other people believed the same as you? Its ridiculous for a company such as ours to get a black eye from one person posting some BS. I can't even thing of what he was thinking. I'm glad I was told of this web site or this could have gone on until we were out of business.

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
white99gt

Heres a video for you.
Its makes me think of if we ever meet. JK!
Your boy misses a gear an the second pull.
You have to love the bottom end torque of that Kenne Bell.

http://www.godfatheracing.com/tmvids/turbomustangvskb03.wmv

ct9a gsr
12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
it doesnt matter if you got 700whp if you cant drive your not gonna run 10or 11 sec simple as that running on the street is alot diff... from the track who knows maybe she can drive maybe not but if she can a lot of people feelins are gonna be hurt at the track and on the street we tuned her bf car and its runnin 13.3 on motor

hahahaha, I just realized he WAS trying to convince everyone that he owned the shop or was the tuner... "her bf" is WHEELSDIRECTRACER but he's trying to act like someone else, rofl!

Sorry, just re-reading some of his shit and thought it was funny.

Oh, sorry for hijacking this thread... but at least now it's very interesting. =]

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Maybe it well be funny to me a few years from now.........

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:44 PM
BTW, the only person to touch a laptop with tuning software is me. And it only works or FORD products. I wish it would do more, maybe in time right?

ct9a gsr
12-06-2005, 11:50 PM
oh yea, btw, where do you KB and boosted domestic guys hang out at? I'd like to come out one night and have some fun with a video camcorder... perhaps sometime after Christmas. ^.^

Turbofox
12-06-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm too old and have a kid. I don't hang out but on special occasions. I did stop by the Varsity the other night looking for some friends but they didn't see them. (driving my wife's Integra BWT). You're more than welcome by the shop on a sunny sat.

gtikid
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey White99gt, i saw you on 85s I believe either this week or last week. You cut me off :2up::lmfao:hehe. It was right after the Shackleford exit, where 85 and 400 meet, on that bend. I think you were messing with some civic and trying to catch up to some other car, i don't remember accurately. Anywho, i saw your car, saw your tag, and was wondering if you were on here to see how much you were making and if the tag was true :D.

Anywho, nice car :goodjob:.

O and BTW i was in a white jeep cherokee.

Turbofox
12-07-2005, 01:15 AM
I read over the post of WHEELSDIRECTRACER and just wanted to put some more facts out.

We did put a Procharger on a 05 Mustang GT. Along with JBA long tubes, JBA H-pipe, SLP axle back, 4.10 gear and SCT tune. Car ran great, I'd love to have one.
We did put a 5.4 into a 00 vert w/ T-trim (Vortech)
The transmission didn't come from Modular Power House (all though they are great guys and do a great job, nothing but respect for them)
It came from MMR. It's their TKO 750 spec.
The 99 Cobra has a 67mm PTK turbo kit with a TKO 600, Spec stage 3 clutch, Spec Alu. flywheel, FMS alu. DS, 99 GT straight axle (03/04 diff, 355 gear and 31 spline FMS axles). This car runs stock 99 cobra heads (untouched) SCT tuned.
I have a 88 Mustang GT w/306 GT-40 heads, 60mm HP Turbo kit, Tremec 3550, Spec alu. flywheel, FMS alu DS, 373 gear.
Also 95 GT vert with very small blower. (slow!!!!!!!)
If anyone has any questions about anything we are working on please feel free to ask.

DrivenMind
12-07-2005, 04:55 AM
Glad to see someone is going to shut that idiot up.

TurboFox you did a very nice job of handling yourself here, in both the kills forum and in discrediting your idiotic, delusional employee. Most people would have cracked and resorted to the typical swearing, and name calling commonly found here, but you stayed level through it all.

DRFTR
12-07-2005, 10:14 PM
lost to Wheels direct's Mustang. We ran at a 70mph roll on 675 for fun. we know each other for awhile now. Took it to 120+ mph. Hey, what would I expect! 500 hp & 500+ torque Vs my 411 hp gsr. Great run tho. :D

are you talking about omars white convertible?

Turbofox
12-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Thats the one.