PDA

View Full Version : Comfort... ITR Seats vs. GSR Seats

Liltoua
07-13-2011, 02:58 AM
As of now, I have GSR seats in my car and really hate how uncomfortable they can be on rides longer than an hour. Also, since the seats are leather, I hate how they absorb heat during the summer, and turn ice cold during the winter. I've been doing a lot of reading on ITR seats and they seem to give the comfort that I've been looking for. Since I've never sat in an ITR seat, I was just curious as to how comfortable they really are. Would they outperform the GSR seats? How are they on long trips? Are the ITR seats just as comfortable as the OEM seats? I'd really like to have these questions answered before I shell out $700-800 on a set. Thanks!

efman
07-13-2011, 03:27 AM
who cares about comfort, itr seats are jdm yo

RBS
07-13-2011, 07:26 AM
ITR seats are very similar to GSR seats in almost every way except the one thing i notice is that the bolsters are tighter "holding" you better... and i guess if you consider sitting on a suede kinda-like material comfortable then go for it. plus you can say you ITR seats, insta-kewl

wrekonize
07-15-2011, 10:02 PM
crx si seats are the best IMO...
good luck finding a good pair though....

civicturbo10
07-16-2011, 07:15 PM
the seat cushion are the same there is no difference. The only difference is the outer cover - cloth, leather, or type R alcantara

81532-ST7-J21 - the cushion it self on the driver side bottom
http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=12&productID=3&yearID=14&doorID=3&gradeID=19&areaID=1&transmissionID=4&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=7&idAndImageID=2055%20380071&isBigPicture=False

click the foam cushion yields all model lines have the same foam cushion lol
http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/integra/81532-ST7-J21~ca13st701.html

All the same just different covers. The MKIV i restored was the same way. To get the comfort you want look for cloth seats. The type R alcantara hugs you in the seat a little better for corners. Certainly they feel nice in your hand but so do the cloths. If you have the money to burn Type R, b/c they are so nice. budget minded GSR cloths all the way. IMHO, i see no comfort advantages between the two.

94 - 95 GSR - grey / black cloth
98+ GSR - blue / black cloth

These models look the best to me. I believe the LS were different color combos but i'm not sure. But if color doesn't matter just get cloth seats. The Type R is way expensive but very nice for what they are. But again same cushion and i think alcantara cover. Also, to keep interior a little cooler premium tint makes a difference / helps. Think huberoptic, formula 1, WINCOS, etc. I have the WINCOS and lets just say FTW.....but expensive.

JDMJ
07-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Del sol seats are pretty comfy..which if your tall and skinny you might like f1spec seats..i love mine

Black4DrEK
07-21-2011, 10:35 PM
For some reason I feel that the Cusion is better in my ITR ( i know it sames they are same).. LOL. Maybe its the material the middle part is.. IDK.

Either way I LOVE DC seats!

andrewu
07-21-2011, 10:53 PM
I drove to IA in Del Sol seats and was comfortable the entire trip.

Sammich
07-22-2011, 08:16 AM
i have EP3 seats.....i love em

Mista Foe-Doe
07-22-2011, 09:02 AM
99 gsr seats are my fav

civicturbo10
07-25-2011, 05:51 PM
For some reason I feel that the Cusion is better in my ITR ( i know it sames they are same).. LOL. Maybe its the material the middle part is.. IDK.

Either way I LOVE DC seats!

yeah the ITR are great seats also keep in mind the age of the seats takes effect here also. when i restored the MKIV seats the brand new cushion vs the original is night and day. The new cushion were fuller / more fluffy you could see it when had them side by side. when the work was done and you sat in the newly redone seats - they felt minty fresh on the butt meter. You could feel the difference for sure. So if you have 01 Type R ones they def should feel a little more cushy than my 94- 95 GSRs dds.

Ziptied
07-25-2011, 06:49 PM
JDM itr seats are recaro's and are in NO WAY the same as the stock seats. They are more comfortable to me, bigger bolsters, more support, etc.

If it's usdm itr seats you're looking at, I wouldn't waste my money on em.