PDA

View Full Version : I need help locating the high pressure switch in a 95 acura integra

ChimengKhang
07-11-2011, 03:08 PM
so my ac went out on me and the clutch isn't spinning. could you guys help me locate where the high pressure switch is?

loSiRcity
07-12-2011, 12:29 AM
https://www.oemacuraparts.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=part_picker&make=Acura&model=INTEGRA&year=1995&version=3DR%20GS-R%20(LEATHER)&transmission=KA5MT&system=PARTS&component=A%2FC%20HOSES%20-%20PIPES%20(1)

#17... wasn't sure which edition of integra, thats a gsr but should be the same all around

edit: damn just tried the link myself and it didn't work. use the link to get you to the site and then look under "a/c hoses-pipes"

ChimengKhang
07-14-2011, 01:10 PM
thanks man

slostang
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
The low pressure switch controls the activation of the compressor clutch. The high side switch is just there to shut the system down if it is overcharged.

Try unplugging the low side switch and stick a paper clip in the plug and see if the compressor kicks on. If it does you are either low of freon or the low side switch is bad. If not, you probably have a bad compressor clutch.

Tech5
07-18-2011, 10:08 PM
be careful jumping it , if it has no freon it can damage the compressor . SO don't let it run long , look at a gauge then shut it down .Some times you can turn the a/c on from the inside the car and lightly tap on the clutch on the compressor with like a pry bar , hammer, exhaust pipe or your friends head because he is getting on your nerves . and if it comes on , most likely the clutch is bad .