07-10-2011, 09:17 PM
What aren't you feeling about it?

Bacon
07-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I can haz feeling? no homo

firby911
07-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Im not a fan of streched bikes really,only a few ive seen ive liked. Not liking the color combo going on either.

ludeguy420
07-10-2011, 09:37 PM
hell i like it..

Catnip
07-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Im not a fan of streched bikes really,only a few ive seen ive liked. Not liking the color combo going on either.

Fair enough.

As far as the color combo, it's a pretty rare bike, so the colors are staying lol.

I can haz feeling? no homo

o.0

hell i like it..

Thanks buddy!

slowinmidga
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6012/5923158873_59cef35613_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6023/5923722918_a5f633a75a_z.jpg

You in middle ga? Think ive seen this before?

Catnip
07-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Yea, I'm in Warner Robins. You've probably multiple times; I ride it a lot. lol

Sammich
07-12-2011, 10:40 AM
i love this

1moreaccord
07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
not so much on the stretch - How does the bike ride after? How's the handling, slow turns, fast turns, etc?

However, I do love those colors, and the integrated rear light is my fav. of any gixxers!!

Catnip
07-12-2011, 11:19 AM
i love this

I love you

not so much on the stretch - How does the bike ride after? How's the handling, slow turns, fast turns, etc?

However, I do love those colors, and the integrated rear light is my fav. of any gixxers!!

I never rode hard enough to notice a difference in handling until I strapped the front. I still make it around though...

Sammich
07-12-2011, 02:26 PM
so ghey

IMPORTchic
07-12-2011, 04:42 PM
so ghey

x's 2!

Bacon
07-12-2011, 05:04 PM
What size is the GSXR?

Catnip
07-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Just an old little 600, lol

Vteckidd
07-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Stretched bikes are gay. Especially 600s which aren't made to drag.

Ruined a perfectly good bike.

<<<<<<owns a non stretched 600 2005

Hate the colors too loud for me. Screams stunna

One things for sure though I bet you don't ever care about going fast in a car ever again

Catnip
07-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Ok, Zach.

lol. How is it ruined?

Watch this...

Come race me at Silver Dollar and we'll see what's better.

You reply, "Well, meet me at the dragon and we'll see what's better."

But in the broad scheme of things, we both have the best for each of us. I go to the drag strip, not the mountains.

It's not for everyone, but it's a race bike replica and pretty rare, so it's not changing. I'll grab a 2nd bike and have it painted up before this one gets touched.

One things for sure though I bet you don't ever care about going fast in a car ever again

I'm actually dying to get back into a quick car. I've been driving the golf and truck, both of which are ungodly slow. IMO they're completely different in how they feel.

Humphrizzle
07-12-2011, 05:33 PM
i love it.

nice responses as well.

Vteckidd
07-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Pic threads are about opinions. My opinion is a 600 is made to be ridden around turns, short bursts of open road etc. That's why I never got the stretch thing.

I wanted a drag bike I'd look for a 1000 or dat bussa yo:p

I like the simple white blue scheme of the gsxr, I refer the black and silver 08 model

Ruined meaning stretch a 600 and I would have no fun riding it around town.

To each his own :)

Vteckidd
07-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Oh and I view Te replica race fairings like putting a gtr emblem on a g35. Just not my thing

Tech5
07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
screams squid

btw you think yours is better because you can launch harder???

bahahahhaah put me on that 05 600 in the mtns and ILL WALK YOU!!! lololol... put me at the track with the none stretched 600 and ILL WALK YOU!!!

o5 is way better then that 03 all around period , don't get cocky it's making you look retarded with a 03 600 stretched

BTW this coming from years of experience and also my personal opinion

Vteckidd
07-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Im not making fun of you, just expressing my OPINION that is all. If you like it then that's great that's all that matters.

Personally it's too flamboyant and I feel that a 600 is made to be ridden around town and curve to curve. Stretching it takes away all the fun it was designed to have. For me at least

If you get enjoyment out of it then that's great

Catnip
07-12-2011, 11:14 PM
screams squid

btw you think yours is better because you can launch harder???

bahahahhaah put me on that 05 600 in the mtns and ILL WALK YOU!!! lololol... put me at the track with the none stretched 600 and ILL WALK YOU!!!

o5 is way better then that 03 all around period , don't get cocky it's making you look retarded with a 03 600 stretched

BTW this coming from years of experience and also my personal opinion

Woah. You didn't get the idea behind my post. Talk to me for 5 minutes about motorcycles/riding and I'll tell you over and over that I'm a beginner and just manage to keep the bike upright. Definitely skimmed over what I said and jumped to conclusions, bro.

Im not making fun of you, just expressing my OPINION that is all. If you like it then that's great that's all that matters.

Personally it's too flamboyant and I feel that a 600 is made to be ridden around town and curve to curve. Stretching it takes away all the fun it was designed to have. For me at least

If you get enjoyment out of it then that's great

You understand what I was getting at. My post was by no means a pissing contest. It's all preference and what we enjoy. I'm very happy you got a 600 and enjoy the nimbleness of it and use it for what it's original purpose was. I have a 600 to learn and eventually get me ready for a bigger bike that is made for straight line, not to go corner carving.

Tech5
07-13-2011, 12:28 AM
I know what you was getting , And I am sure you understand my side to .

Woah. You didn't get the idea behind my post. Talk to me for 5 minutes about motorcycles/riding and I'll tell you over and over that I'm a beginner and just manage to keep the bike upright. Definitely skimmed over what I said and jumped to conclusions, bro.

1moreaccord
07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Did you remove the end can - Running open pipe? That must sound loud as crap lol..

And did the frame/swingarm come polished or did you do that? Looks good on that scheme.

03RCode
07-13-2011, 01:56 PM

Agreed on all points. Especially the last one. Bike > Car.

Vteckidd
07-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Agreed on all points. Especially the last one. Bike > Car.

oh i get it , i was wondering why he called me Zach lol

03RCode
07-13-2011, 05:26 PM
oh i get it , i was wondering why he called me Zach lol

I've give him hell about the lowering/stretch since he did it to begin with; then again I don't ride like a mangina.

<3 you Evelyn

Catnip
07-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Did you remove the end can - Running open pipe? That must sound loud as crap lol..

And did the frame/swingarm come polished or did you do that? Looks good on that scheme.

I run it open pipe on the street, but bolt the muffler on when I run at the track (since it's not exactly tuned for no muffler)

And I've been polishing it a little at a time. Came in a brushed aluminum finish.

Tech5
07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
I run it open pipe on the street, but bolt the muffler on when I run at the track (since it's not exactly tuned for no muffler)

And I've been polishing it a little at a time. Came in a brushed aluminum finish.
You know it's really bad for the bike (motor) running with no exhaust and no tune right?

Vteckidd
07-14-2011, 08:13 AM
You know it's really bad for the bike (motor) running with no exhaust and no tune right?

doesnt it run lean? this isnt the first time ive hear this

Tech5
07-14-2011, 01:45 PM
doesnt it run lean? this isnt the first time ive hear this
VERY!!!!

When I buy bikes and I see pics of the exhaust off completely to make it sound LOUD, I stay away from them all!

-S Double C-
07-14-2011, 04:13 PM
i like the bike to a point great street bike owning street bikes and a low 8 sec drag bike and stretched street bike ill go around a turn or anywhere with anyone on here. Drag bike not so much i tryed to run a 600hp turbo s2k cause he wanted to for shits and giggles and i spun threw 5th gear feathering the gas. That bike will never see a street again unless its to flaunt it.

-S Double C-
07-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Pic threads are about opinions. My opinion is a 600 is made to be ridden around turns, short bursts of open road etc. That's why I never got the stretch thing.

I wanted a drag bike I'd look for a 1000 or dat bussa yo:p

I like the simple white blue scheme of the gsxr, I refer the black and silver 08 model

Ruined meaning stretch a 600 and I would have no fun riding it around town.

To each his own :)

busa's are slows run a 08 gsxr 1000 or zx10r against a 08 busa (fastest year) stretch or swb and see the outcome with good riders

Catnip
07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
i like the bike to a point great street bike owning street bikes and a low 8 sec drag bike and stretched street bike ill go around a turn or anywhere with anyone on here. Drag bike not so much i tryed to run a 600hp turbo s2k cause he wanted to for shits and giggles and i spun threw 5th gear feathering the gas. That bike will never see a street again unless its to flaunt it.

Most of the time I just cruise around town and take slow/small road trips, so it's perfect IMO.

Vteckidd
07-14-2011, 06:07 PM
busa's are slows run a 08 gsxr 1000 or zx10r against a 08 busa (fastest year) stretch or swb and see the outcome with good riders

I was being facetious

Tech5
07-14-2011, 08:34 PM

busa's are far from slow ....Search Halfwit on here he raped many times 08 gsxr1000 with same weight rider both weigh 140 and he raced other liter bikes from cbr1000 zx10 r1 few 07 08 gsxr 1000 .

I don't know what your thinking saying they're slow , but we have results ,facts that they're not slow!

I have owned busa,zx14 and liter bikes just can't hang stock vs stock of course

NOW I have owned and few on here can vouch that I had a 08 gsxr1000 with 179.6hp to the wheels with 86 ftlbs of torque stock suspension NO extension or swing arms . and I raped busa's .

stock vs stock busa has it

03RCode
07-14-2011, 08:57 PM

Actually on our shop dyno the earlier FI bikes ran VERY rich, and with the exhaust off they are slightly lean, but not bad enough to really do damage. That's mostly pre-04 or so and at my elevation, newer bikes no chance in hell. My R1 was leaner than I felt safe with just slip on's and a gutted cat.

Catnip
07-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Actually on our shop dyno the earlier FI bikes ran VERY rich, and with the exhaust off they are slightly lean, but not bad enough to really do damage. That's mostly pre-04 or so and at my elevation, newer bikes no chance in hell. My R1 was leaner than I felt safe with just slip on's and a gutted cat.

That makes sense. It feels the slightest bit peppier with no muffler, but I figured it was just all in my head because the noise. Hell, it may be. Still not sure if I'd wanna ride too hard with no muffler though, lol

Tech5
07-15-2011, 12:42 AM

Then you need to calibrate that machine , I have worked and ran plenty on the dyno that shows even with newer bikes with o2 sensors it's still very lean .I am not saying it will blow the motor up in few months but over time it WILL damage that motor it's a fact !

It has NO back pressure which Bikes needs . OH btw what shop is this so I MAKE SURE I don't ask for help !

03RCode
07-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Then you need to calibrate that machine , I have worked and ran plenty on the dyno that shows even with newer bikes with o2 sensors it's still very lean .I am not saying it will blow the motor up in few months but over time it WILL damage that motor it's a fact !

It has NO back pressure which Bikes needs . OH btw what shop is this so I MAKE SURE I don't ask for help !

No point in arguing with someone who knows it all. Not like we haven't been in business for 15 years and are one of the most popular tuning shops in the area. Surely he would know that my elevation is alot higher, and that we tune several bikes on a daily basis.

Tech5
07-15-2011, 10:01 AM
No point in arguing with someone who knows it all. Not like we haven't been in business for 15 years and are one of the most popular tuning shops in the area. Surely he would know that my elevation is alot higher, and that we tune several bikes on a daily basis.

cool come back

03RCode
07-15-2011, 10:28 AM
cool come back

Iknorite

Vteckidd
07-15-2011, 10:31 AM
cool come back

actually i dont think he was being rude. I think just stating and opinion.

I have HEARD that running no muffler could potentially cause damage. But i have never seen it, nor have i ever tuned a bike, nor have i run my bike with no exhuast. So i will have to yield to other people with more expertise.

He was just stating that the bikes they have tuned havent really seen a condition where it would cause engine damage. he didnt say "youre full of shit and completely wrong".

David88vert
07-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Ok, here is the truth - back pressure is a requirement on 2 strokes, but not necessarily a requirement on 4 stroke engines.
The belief that back pressure is needed goes back to the old days of carbs. Modified carbed bikes and cars could not adjust because of the way that backpressure caused air to flow backwards through the carburetor after the air already got loaded down with fuel, and the air received a second load of fuel. When backpressure was reduced, the bikes no longer had a double-loading effect, and tended to burn valves because of the result - really lean.
IF you have an adequate engine management system, with proper methods of controlling air and fuel delivery to the engine, you can run without an exhaust at all, and not burn up valves. That is fact.
Now, reality is that the particular bike in question still has exhuast back pressure with the muffler removed, but that back pressure is reduced. This has potential to burnt up exhaust valves if not compensated for through tuning.

Tech5
07-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Ok, here is the truth - back pressure is a requirement on 2 strokes, but not necessarily a requirement on 4 stroke engines.
The belief that back pressure is needed goes back to the old days of carbs. Modified carbed bikes and cars could not adjust because of the way that backpressure caused air to flow backwards through the carburetor after the air already got loaded down with fuel, and the air received a second load of fuel. When backpressure was reduced, the bikes no longer had a double-loading effect, and tended to burn valves because of the result - really lean.
IF you have an adequate engine management system, with proper methods of controlling air and fuel delivery to the engine, you can run without an exhaust at all, and not burn up valves. That is fact.
Now, reality is that the particular bike in question still has exhuast back pressure with the muffler removed, but that back pressure is reduced. This has potential to burnt up exhaust valves if not compensated for through tuning.

Thank you I did not full the need to type all that , but you did a well put job sir .My original post was meant for this bike in question in this thread.Good Job

David88vert
07-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Both of you - Tech5 and 03RCode - are both right. There is no guarantee that it will hurt the bike, and at high elevations, it is less of an issue, as the air is already less dense; however, it is not a recommended practice.

03RCode
07-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Both of you - Tech5 and 03RCode - are both right. There is no guarantee that it will hurt the bike, and at high elevations, it is less of an issue, as the air is already less dense; however, it is not a recommended practice.

That's why I said at my elevation in my original post, I'm atleast 1,500-1,700 feet higher than the ATL area, if not more than that.

Thanks for the technical explanation, I hate typing on this laptop and it would have taken 3 days to write it out.

Catnip
07-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I still feel ok with how I do it. Around town, soft riding = no muffler, trips or race track = muffler. If it burns valves I'll chalk it up to foolishness, if it doesn't ever burn a valve I'll sit around and wait for it to happen.

lol

David88vert
07-15-2011, 05:08 PM
It is true that at lower rpms there is a larger window that the engine can run at safely, and at higher rpms the power output increases, and the window at which the engine can safely operate is much smaller. I would suggest that you still run some sort of muffler on the street though - without a muffler, it will just sound bad, and most experience riders will chalk you up as a squid.
Look for a used Yoshimura on Ebay, they aren't that much.

Catnip
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
It is true that at lower rpms there is a larger window that the engine can run at safely, and at higher rpms the power output increases, and the window at which the engine can safely operate is much smaller. I would suggest that you still run some sort of muffler on the street though - without a muffler, it will just sound bad, and most experience riders will chalk you up as a squid.

Thanks for the responses and advice. Here's my RS-3

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/5636608208_7f74be9471_z.jpg

I'm getting a PC from a buddy, then I'll just get it tuned for no muffler. Squid or not, lol.

03RCode
07-15-2011, 05:19 PM

He is a squid. Lol

That shortened Yoshi looks hot, leave it!

David88vert
07-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Keep the Yoshi. That's a good unit, and should be plenty loud enough for you.

Tech5
07-15-2011, 07:35 PM
That's why I said at my elevation in my original post, I'm atleast 1,500-1,700 feet higher than the ATL area, if not more than that.

Thanks for the technical explanation, I hate typing on this laptop and it would have taken 3 days to write it out.

I would like to take this time to say I am sorry for reading your post wrong. I didn't read about your elevation and I am deeply sorry for getting that mixed up and not taking the time to actually read the entire post .You're correct with that statement ,
Sorry Joshua

Tech5
07-15-2011, 07:37 PM

With the next few days getting cooler to and no exhaust don't take but the wrong blip of the throttle and suck that cooler air back in to cause a issue with the valves . Squids will never learn

Tech5
07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the responses and advice. Here's my RS-3

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/5636608208_7f74be9471_z.jpg

I'm getting a PC from a buddy, then I'll just get it tuned for no muffler. Squid or not, lol.

Tune is the key , but if you want to gain power have a exhaust on it .

Bacon
07-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I rode around town for about 3000 miles with just a $6.99 pipe from Autozone as an exhaust. The noise level didn't bother me at all.

Getting my new bike Monday. One is a stretched Honda CBR and the other is a stock 06 GSXR. Probably going for the CBR.

03RCode
07-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I would like to take this time to say I am sorry for reading your post wrong. I didn't read about your elevation and I am deeply sorry for getting that mixed up and not taking the time to actually read the entire post .You're correct with that statement ,
Sorry Joshua

S'all good man. I know next to nothing about tuning at your elevation, I've just been around it forever up here.

bicsintegra
07-22-2011, 05:02 PM
i like it my 2001 GSXR 750 is also stretched but not all the way out which i want to do before next bike week. I like the colors like you said it is very rare to see those colors on that bike, i have seen you before in warner robbins also the bike looks good, damn what they say. for a stretch that is nothing go to the vortex on thursday or bike week and guys have their rear tire 14" behiind the bike which is ridiculous.

Catnip
07-22-2011, 05:18 PM
i like it my 2001 GSXR 750 is also stretched but not all the way out which i want to do before next bike week. I like the colors like you said it is very rare to see those colors on that bike, i have seen you before in warner robbins also the bike looks good, damn what they say. for a stretch that is nothing go to the vortex on thursday or bike week and guys have their rear tire 14" behiind the bike which is ridiculous.

Thanks man, always good to hear positive comments about something that means a lot to you.

Ziptied
07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Biker Boyz.....

j/k, I like it.

1blckss
07-25-2011, 08:33 PM

funny how ppl hate stretched bikes but some ppl dont understand that some ppl ride bike for fun not to see if they are faster than the next person. personally, im 25 and have owned over 10 bikes but the one i have now (08' zx-10 with a 330) has been the funnest to drive bc of the looks i get. lay a bike down 2 or 3 times(which i have, 1x at the track) and going in the mountains just isnt as fun anymore. I bet some of yall hate harley guys too. lol. this is what u call a hater. haha. your bike looks clean and i think thats all that matters. just my 2c.
)

i think it

ryd30rd13
12-09-2011, 10:19 AM
super bike with zoom zoom speed.... zoOm zoOm

AnthonyF
12-11-2011, 08:32 AM
You can get all mad that I'm responding and say stupid shit but the bike looks dumb. It's got the paint scheme and look for a real track but you have it chromed/polished out and stretched. It's probably "cool" south of ATL but up here in the mountain area...you know where there are corners, the bike is pretty useless. If the stretch was removed it'd look a whole lot better.

Bacon
12-11-2011, 08:36 AM
You can get all mad that I'm responding and say stupid shit but the bike looks dumb. It's got the paint scheme and look for a real track but you have it chromed/polished out and stretched. It's probably "cool" south of ATL but up here in the mountain area...you know where there are corners, the bike is pretty useless. If the stretch was removed it'd look a whole lot better.

He doesn't own the bike anymore but his new one is the same way.

Catnip
12-11-2011, 09:25 AM

To each their own. If I cared about cornering and mountains, I'd probably live closer than 6 hours from the closest decent mountain ride and have vehicles setup for cornering. I live 30 minutes from 2 drag strips, it's completely flat and straight down here, and I grew up around drag racing. If you're not into drag racing, that's cool, man. I won't try to force my hobbies or my opinion of anyone elses hobby, onto anyone. I understand how stretching a race replica could sound fucking retarded, but I got compliment after compliment for it being different.

Like Bacon said, this bike is sold. I have an '08 GSX-R 600 with 8" extensions now. Loving the new model compared to other bikes I've ridden.

Halfwit
12-13-2011, 08:05 AM

true. Ive owned an 08 busa, and 6+ 07/08 gsxr 1000's. busa only wins 170+ even lower highwya speeds 1000 wins., but not soo much on hte zx10,cbr,r1 for highway.