PDA

View Full Version : America....Falls behind china

PhAtBoYMr2
11-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I thought this was a good read.....and is only the begining of the next world war.. China says there the # 1 milatary superpower

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/slasheastasia_1.htm

The overwhelming assessment by Asian officials, diplomats and analysts is that the U.S. military simply cannot defeat China. It has been an assessment relayed to U.S. government officials over the past few months by countries such as Australia, Japan and South Korea. This comes as President Bush wraps up a visit to Asia, in which he sought to strengthen U.S. ties with key allies in the region.

Most Asian officials have expressed their views privately. Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara has gone public, warning that the United States would lose any war with China.

"In any case, if tension between the United States and China heightens, if each side pulls the trigger, though it may not be stretched to nuclear weapons, and the wider hostilities expand, I believe America cannot win as it has a civic society that must adhere to the value of respecting lives," Mr. Ishihara said in an address to the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Mr. Ishihara said U.S. ground forces, with the exception of the Marines, are "extremely incompetent" and would be unable to stem a Chinese conventional attack. Indeed, he asserted that China would not hesitate to use nuclear weapons against Asian and American cities—even at the risk of a massive U.S. retaliation.

The governor said the U.S. military could not counter a wave of millions of Chinese soldiers prepared to die in any onslaught against U.S. forces. After 2,000 casualties, he said, the U.S. military would be forced to withdraw.

"Therefore, we need to consider other means to counter China," he said. "The step we should be taking against China, I believe, is economic containment."

Officials acknowledge that Mr. Ishihara's views reflect the widespread skepticism of U.S. military capabilities in such countries as Australia, India, Japan, Singapore and South Korea. They said the U.S.-led war in Iraq has pointed to the American weakness in low-tech warfare.

"When we can't even control parts of Anbar, they get the message loud and clear," an official said, referring to the flashpoint province in western Iraq.

As a result, Asian allies of the United States are quietly preparing to bolster their militaries independent of Washington. So far, the Bush administration has been strongly opposed to an indigenous Japanese defense capability, fearing it would lead to the expulsion of the U.S. military presence from that country.

On Nov. 16, Mr. Bush met with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi. The two leaders discussed the realignment of the U.S. military presence in Japan and Tokyo's troop deployment in Iraq.

During his visit to Washington in early November, Mr. Ishihara met senior U.S. defense officials. They included talks with U.S. Defense Deputy Undersecretary for Asian and Pacific Affairs Richard Lawless to discuss the realignment of the U.S. military presence in Japan.

For his part, Mr. Ishihara does not see China as evolving into a stable democracy with free elections.

"I believe such predictions are totally wrong," Mr. Ishihara said.

Hulud
11-23-2005, 11:41 AM
blahblahblah
and we couldnt beat the british in 1770s? right?

PhAtBoYMr2
11-23-2005, 11:46 AM
blahblahblah
and we couldnt beat the british in 1770s? right?

well there was draft back then......if we went to war with china we would defintly have to impose another draft....

Some chinese men are born into the army, thats all they know

Greddypacked
11-23-2005, 11:48 AM
The governor said the U.S. military could not counter a wave of millions of Chinese soldiers prepared to die in any onslaught against U.S. forces. After 2,000 casualties, he said, the U.S. military would be forced to withdraw.

Yea but that's what good ol rockets and bombs do, take out all of those ants at once lol.

Maybe back in the day fighting a wave of million soldiers would have been unstoppable, but now w/ the technology it's not all about how many soldiers you have, it's weaponry, power, intelligence, money, and allied forces.

NzProjeKt
11-23-2005, 12:14 PM
god damn globalization...

AznTraitor
11-23-2005, 12:38 PM
ehh, this is old news...I did a briefing about this about two months ago...China has been rumored to be spending over 9billion dollars in military advancements in all areas, from training to equipment.

The US will not be the world superpower in the next few years, and it's gonna shock alot of people, but China has always been named the "Sleeping Giant" so it shouldnt have ever been a suprise to anyone. China exports so much product and they bring in so much money, that is the reason they are trying to buy up all the US large market firms, and that's when alot of eyebrows were raised and people started looking a little more in depth at our friends overseas.

My guess is, we will probably #3 on the superpowers list....India is rapidly growing in their politics and now they will soon be releasing alot of products that cost about half of what we build them here in the US....

the US as a whole cant really do much to slow this process or just start with the go ahead of building more, selling more, because everyone is just getting that much farther ahead of us....who's to blame? Pretty much all of us.

NEONRACER
11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
The US military is not the only military in this country, be aware of that. If you are not willing to die to protect this country if they were to actually invade, which won't happen but if it does be willing to die to protect the US. If you are not willing to die then go to France and hide with the pussies. These studies don't take into consideration the "other military" nevermind the thousands upon thousands of americans who are armed.(hundreds of thousands) The biggest advantage to our enemies is the fact that they already have soldiers here ready for war.

AznTraitor
11-23-2005, 12:46 PM
The US military is not the only military in this country, be aware of that. If you are not willing to die to protect this country if they were to actually invade, which won't happen but if it does be willing to die to protect the US. If you are not willing to die then go to France and hide with the pussies. These studies don't take into consideration the "other military" nevermind the thousands upon thousands of americans who are armed.(hundreds of thousands) The biggest advantage to our enemies is the fact that they already have soldiers here ready for war.

You'd be shocked to actually see how low of numbers of "Active" Military personnel, compared to our reservist. China's PLA is roughly 1.6 million. 1.6 million...think about that.....that's not even taking into consideration their Reserves and Local (like our National Guard Units)

NEONRACER
11-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I am not talking about active military, reserves, police officers or any law enforcement agency. There is another military in this country. I owuld like to think that the American citizens would put up a fight. It would be hard to get ships over here with that many soldiers without us knowing first. People need to open up their eyes and see what's going around them at this very moment.

Pher
11-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Our resources are spread out like a 20 year old in Villa Rica. :lmao: sorry
We are not at 100 % right now because of it.
Any who, China is not all it's cracked up to be. I became close friends with an Officer in the Chinese "government" and was told a lot of things that completely contradict everything that we hear about China's "Superpower".

AznTraitor
11-23-2005, 01:04 PM
I am not talking about active military, reserves, police officers or any law enforcement agency. There is another military in this country. I owuld like to think that the American citizens would put up a fight. It would be hard to get ships over here with that many soldiers without us knowing first. People need to open up their eyes and see what's going around them at this very moment.

If you are talking like a "Red Dawn" kinda movement, I dunno. But the public doesnt have the organization or advanced technology as the military....and again, if you put apples to apples...China still has a larger population than the US. Plus, you have the Bush haters, anti-war haters, and pretty much haters who complain just to complain....I'd be willing to bet some would take sides with our enemy.

Also, you really think it's that hard to get people into the US? I mean, how did Taliban and Al Queda people get in and get past us? On more than one occassion. Cells....there are many hidden Cells in our country and throughout the world. Just waiting.

Dont get me wrong, I love my country to no end, and it's exactly why I am training to be a officer now, and I'm going infantry, because I want to lead men into battle......the US's ego on itself does not represent our actual power againest foreign countries.

AznTraitor
11-23-2005, 01:07 PM
We are not at 100 % right now because of it.
Any who, China is not all it's cracked up to be. I became close friends with an Officer in the Chinese "government" and was told a lot of things that completely contradict everything that we hear about China's "Superpower".

that might be 1 out of 100. China's PLA has alot more honor and loyalty to their country than alot of the US's soldiers. I mean, if you seriously sit down and look up all the complaints that US Soldiers have filed, I never understood why they even joined or signed up? For a $20,000 signing bonus? I remeber one guy awhile back that complained that he wasnt told that he'd be sent to Iraq??? wtf was he thinking? he joined the Army! Where did he think he was going to go? Hawaii?

RandomGuy
11-23-2005, 01:24 PM

bllahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahh

PhAtBoYMr2
11-23-2005, 02:51 PM
wow, a 1 millon man army, think about that for a second. im not sure how many troops we have but i think i read somwhere that are army had close to 250,000 people. But war with china always has to be something in the back of your mind, because it could happen. has anyone ever read the prophcies of nastradamus? in one of them it has something about the worlds superpower being defeated by a millon man army....crazy shit to read

Sirk
11-23-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm pretty sure if China invaded they wouldn't do it in the open. Think about it, they have a massive ocean to cross, they would be sitting ducks. I would think they would load troops up into ocean tankers that should be carrying oil, commercial goods, things like that. They aren't a stupid people.

Also, if war did break out, I doubt it would be as straightforward as us vs them, I'm sure the rest of the world would join in.

mocha latte cupcake
11-23-2005, 03:04 PM
insert missle here....jk. either way doesn't matter won't happen but alot of men = 1 well placed missle...

XBLG20
11-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Asian Power!