PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Ethanol Free Gas

99fordzx2
07-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted this before but its basically just a link showing ethanol free gas stations. Hope this helps some of you guys.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

-D

silversol
07-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks for posting this. i wish i could get pure gas in gwinnett.

SPOOLIN
07-04-2011, 07:05 PM
pretty cool, ill check out the places near me to see if this is still accurate.

Echonova
07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
LOL

Marinas can carry non-ethanol gas because ethanol is horrible for marine-use so they get an exemption.

E-10 is a fact of life until the government decides to abandon it like Gas-A-Hol (back in the day)... Matter of fact they are looking at E-15 because the corn farmers need more subsides... Make no mistake what the real reason behind the legislation is.

JBrakeS2K
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Awesome! Reps man. Appreciate it.

Browning151
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
LOL

Marinas can carry non-ethanol gas because ethanol is horrible for marine-use so they get an exemption.

E-10 is a fact of life until the government decides to abandon it like Gas-A-Hol (back in the day)... Matter of fact they are looking at E-15 because the corn farmers need more subsides... Make no mistake what the real reason behind the legislation is.

This.

Ethanol in gasoline is nothing more than a farm subsidy. It holds water in suspension more easily and is more susceptible to phase separation, causes poorer fuel mileage etc. I've never heard anyone speak highly of the crap. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to up it to E-15, more subsidy per gallon + even worse fuel mileage means more gallons sold and in turn more subsidy for the farmers. That one pretty much works out two-fold for the farmers.

As far as that list goes, I'm not sure how up to date it is, I found it awhile back and stopped in Heflin, AL on the way back from the lake once and they had all converted to E-10. Is it even legal to sell ethanol free fuel outside of a marina anymore?

Tech5
07-05-2011, 10:33 PM
This.

Ethanol in gasoline is nothing more than a farm subsidy. It holds water in suspension more easily and is more susceptible to phase separation, causes poorer fuel mileage etc. I've never heard anyone speak highly of the crap. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to up it to E-15, more subsidy per gallon + even worse fuel mileage means more gallons sold and in turn more subsidy for the farmers. That one pretty much works out two-fold for the farmers.

As far as that list goes, I'm not sure how up to date it is, I found it awhile back and stopped in Heflin, AL on the way back from the lake once and they had all converted to E-10. Is it even legal to sell ethanol free fuel outside of a marina anymore?

Honestly I don't think it is , but I guess it depends in the county . Emission controlled counties and citys I am sure can NOT sale the Ethanol free

Browning151
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Honestly I don't think it is , but I guess it depends in the county . Emission controlled counties and citys I am sure can NOT sale the Ethanol free

Yeah, I'm not sure of the legality of it. I'd also imagine that actually being able to get pure gas would be pretty hard in the first place.

Doppelgänger
07-06-2011, 07:12 AM
You know what is better for us and the government? Getting rid of the excess corn farmers. Keep the food-grade corn farmers, oust the rest. We get our better fuel back and the government can spend that money elsewhere.

Tech5
07-06-2011, 11:06 AM
You know what is better for us and the government? Getting rid of the excess corn farmers. Keep the food-grade corn farmers, oust the rest. We get our better fuel back and the government can spend that money elsewhere.

I don't see the logic in that , our gas will be 6.00 a gallon then

Echonova
07-06-2011, 11:20 AM
It's legal to sell non-ethanol gas if the station is outside the EPD pollution attainment area in Atlanta and the surrounding counties. Hard part is finding a station that gets it's fuel from a terminal that hasn't converted to ethanol yet. I know of a few stations but they are typically near the edge of the state borders or in far south Georgia.

Doppelgänger
07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't see the logic in that , our gas will be 6.00 a gallon then
Considering it was mostly sarcasm....

On a serious note, I highly doubt that if we were to drop ethanol from gasoline that prices would change. Remember that the fuel suppliers have to buy the ethanol to add to their gasoline mixture...it's not given to them....unless the fuel company owns the farm...but even in that case, running a farm costs money...which is still added cost over pure gasoline. So, for the sake of debate, how would taking ethanol out of gasoline cause the price to go up significantly?

SPOOLIN
08-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Ethanol will not always be made from corn...its already made from other things as well. btw.

-switch grass, pine, etc.

Ziptied
08-04-2011, 06:23 PM
I got the exact same mileage per tank on pure gasoline vs. 10% ethanol. I had to fill up today, back to 10% ethanol for me, 70 cents a gallon more for ZERO change in fuel economy..... Fk that.

98blackcivic
08-04-2011, 07:02 PM
no wonder...my dads been talking about not getting the same gas mileage as he used to......this ethanol buisness just came to my attention....
this is soo fucked up..the speculators keep jumping the price and now the govt puttin ethanoll so my gas mileage is even worse...damn u rich ppl of america!

Elbow
08-07-2011, 12:17 PM
I run E85 AND LOVE IT.

98blackcivic
08-08-2011, 06:45 AM
saw the
'may contain up to 10% ethanol'
on the local qt pump....

its here...